Home

Tips On Blitzing An LB From Outside Edge

This is a discussion on Tips On Blitzing An LB From Outside Edge within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-10-2019, 04:44 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 0
Tips On Blitzing An LB From Outside Edge

Anyone give some tips on this? What defensive formations have this? Also, try to explain this next part better.

Do I have to pick a formation that has the picture show the LB blitzing from outside edge? Or can I pick a formation and just blitz a LB from the outside? What do you look for when recruiting and wanting a LB for blitzing from edge?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-10-2019, 09:01 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: Tips On Blitzing An LB From Outside Edge

Speed, agility (change of direction) and finesse moves. Against a tackle with no TE, rush upfield on his outside shoulder and cut inside the tackle before he engages, you'll run right by untouched to the qb. in other shotgun sets I play as the db or lb and line up outside and defend the read option. Two te sets or wings, I play as a middle backer and fill or cover hook to curls.
Old 12-10-2019, 11:37 PM   #3
Pro

Lets say a team lines up on offense with a TE on one side. Can I just move my blitzing player go to the other side of the line? I remember playing 06, and there was this one play where it was dime I believe. But the inner CB on the right would blitz. I would bring him to the edge of the line and get 5 or 6 sacks a game. Any other ideas be appreciated.
Old 12-11-2019, 01:33 AM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Collegefbfan
Lets say a team lines up on offense with a TE on one side. Can I just move my blitzing player go to the other side of the line? I remember playing 06, and there was this one play where it was dime I believe. But the inner CB on the right would blitz. I would bring him to the edge of the line and get 5 or 6 sacks a game. Any other ideas be appreciated.
Yeah, square + R2 will flip your play. Guys might switch sides of the field depending on your formation.
Old 12-11-2019, 08:08 AM   #5
Rookie

If you are looking to play a style where you get 5 or 6 sacks a game with a CB, there is no point in talking strategy. Just put the game on freshman difficulty and win every game by 150 points. Have fun.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-11-2019, 10:05 AM   #6
Pro

Nah, not quite my style of play. If my dynasty games are looked at in the thread, I don’t play NCAA like that. Just using it as an example.
Old 12-11-2019, 05:09 PM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Nah, not quite my style of play. If my dynasty games are looked at in the thread, I don’t play NCAA like that. Just using it as an example.
Who cares? Play the game however you want.
Old 12-11-2019, 08:27 PM   #8
Pro

Quote:
You can bring anybody you want on a blitz. If they’re supposed to play a zone you can still rush with them. You can flip your play if you want. You can hot route a defender to blitz.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »