Home

What slider set?

This is a discussion on What slider set? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-12-2019, 07:29 AM   #1
Pro

OVR: 1
What slider set?

Browsing the sliders there are so many choices. What are most using? Just recently got NCAA again and back when I played I never used sliders. Seeing how they impact Madden and other titles so heavily as of late I'd love to find something that plays a bit more authentic. Any suggestions on one vs another?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-12-2019, 09:36 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: What slider set?

I use Matt10’s community slider set, but raised human pass blocking a click or two.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 12-12-2019, 10:56 PM   #3
Pro

OVR: 0

I used the straight Varsity sliders on page 2 I believe. I made a couple of small tweaks. Varsity yes, might be too easy for you, but almost 45 here and reflexes ain’t all that. I beat teams kinda close, some beat downs, I lost a game, and just beat a lower team 17-3. Their defense was all over my team.
Old 12-12-2019, 11:06 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 13

Matt10's with my own small tweaks and fatigue off.
Old 12-13-2019, 12:01 PM   #5
Pro

I believe these are one of the slider sets on the slider forum, but these are what I use. I turn fatigue off at half time and turn it back on to reset fatigue. Idk if it works, but I get good games. These are tough sliders. The penalty sliders can be adjusted some. There are a good bit of face masks and clipping. I average 5-7 penalties for 50-60 yards per game on both sides. That’s pretty realistic.

The threshold is something I’ve considered looking at some more because I don’t feel like there’s a big enough difference between fast and slow.

One of the things that REALLY affects the game is coaching trees. Your coordinator trees make a massive difference, so I have house rules where new coordinators have no upgrades and slowly over the course over the future they’ll upgrade. This simulated new coordinators developing chemistry and rewards coordinators who stay longer and penalize you when there’s turnover.

Skill: Heisman
Injuries, Fatigue, Play Clock, Home Field Advantage, Ice the Kicker: ON
Length: 9 minutes
Speed: Normal
Threshold: 52
Progression: Slowest

Rules:
Offsides - 75
False Start - 75
Holding - 80
Facemask - 63
OPI - 100
DPI - 100
KR/PR INT - 60
Clipping - 67
Intentional Grounding - 50
Roughing the Passer - 54
Roughing the Kicker - 35

AI (User/CPU):
5/5
0/45
0/40
20/90
5/35
40/30
40/40
65/90
25/25
40/55
0/50
45/50
0/100
30/50
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-13-2019, 08:52 PM   #6
Rookie

Rieux's Arena

Sadly, the impression I get from having read slider threads for so many years, both the commentary from their creators and the feedback from users on changes to the sets, it seems like you have to choose between reasonably-realistic gameplay but insufficient challenge, or a good challenge but unrealistic gameplay. This is theoretically because the game is mostly balanced around All-American, which is inherently a tad too easy for most of us, but kicking it up to Heisman just gives the CPU a rather artificial edge by increasing their speed and reaction time (if that's based on outdated info, though, someone feel free to correct me!)

That of course necessitates tweaking the various sliders, but for every change you make, a couple of other things end up getting changed as well, and you'll often end up having to make tweaks to account for *those* changes - the end result being that one small tweak can have a major butterfly effect. Especially given that the game is coded so weirdly that we don't know exactly what all each slider does - some of them have unintuitive effects, and some of them are potentially completely unintended by the devs - I believe in one of the older titles, one of the kicking sliders, accuracy or power, ended up affecting the defense's tackling ability, or something to that effect.

And in 14, I believe the DPI penalty slider correlates with how well DBs cover receivers, and the holding slider increases how well the o-line pass blocks because, well, it makes them hold more - so the penalty sliders end up having a huge effect on the gameplay (again, if that's outdated and someone can correct me, please don't let me misinform folks!)

I use the "50(ish) Threshold Based Slider Set" and I like the gameplay it gives, but the drawback is that it's not quite challenging as would be ideal. Here's the thread. The OP does a very good job explaining his changes throughout the thread and his posts are often pretty enlightening - the set definitely isn't for everyone but I think it's at least worth skimming through the discussion in the thread. It's pretty informative.
Old 12-17-2019, 11:20 AM   #7
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Von Dozier
Matt10's with my own small tweaks and fatigue off.
Why fatigue off? Does that affect auto subs?
Old 12-17-2019, 11:24 AM   #8
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by xToXiCxSAVAGEx
I believe these are one of the slider sets on the slider forum, but these are what I use. I turn fatigue off at half time and turn it back on to reset fatigue. Idk if it works, but I get good games. These are tough sliders. The penalty sliders can be adjusted some. There are a good bit of face masks and clipping. I average 5-7 penalties for 50-60 yards per game on both sides. That’s pretty realistic.

The threshold is something I’ve considered looking at some more because I don’t feel like there’s a big enough difference between fast and slow.

One of the things that REALLY affects the game is coaching trees. Your coordinator trees make a massive difference, so I have house rules where new coordinators have no upgrades and slowly over the course over the future they’ll upgrade. This simulated new coordinators developing chemistry and rewards coordinators who stay longer and penalize you when there’s turnover.

Skill: Heisman
Injuries, Fatigue, Play Clock, Home Field Advantage, Ice the Kicker: ON
Length: 9 minutes
Speed: Normal
Threshold: 52
Progression: Slowest

Rules:
Offsides - 75
False Start - 75
Holding - 80
Facemask - 63
OPI - 100
DPI - 100
KR/PR INT - 60
Clipping - 67
Intentional Grounding - 50
Roughing the Passer - 54
Roughing the Kicker - 35

AI (User/CPU):
5/5
0/45
0/40
20/90
5/35
40/30
40/40
65/90
25/25
40/55
0/50
45/50
0/100
30/50

Interesting with pass catch at 0. Would this require a user catch every time?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »