Home

Redshirt question

This is a discussion on Redshirt question within the EA Sports College Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football
Game of the Year 2021: Forza Horizon 5
Best Sports Game Trend in 2021: College Sports Coming Back
Best Franchise Mode in 2021: NBA 2K22

Old 12-21-2019, 07:41 PM   #1
Rookie

Aphilidor's Arena

OVR: 0
Redshirt question

Quick question. Does the game automatically redshirt a player that has not played for the entire season? My starting qb has been injured since week 2 or 3. Will he be redshirted. We are now in week 13, and he has 1 more week out. He has been out for 11 weeks... I hope so
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-21-2019, 08:15 PM   #2
Rookie

Rieux's Arena

Re: Redshirt question

Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but medical redshirts aren't a thing in the EA football universe. If he played in a game, it'll still use the year of eligibility, so hopefully he's not a senior at the very least.

If it's not injury related, i.e. a player doesn't play because there was no room for him on the depth chart, I'm not actually sure what happens if he wasn't redshirted. It would be most obvious at the WR position, but of course I've always just redshirted true freshmen if they couldn't crack the depth chart, so I'm not sure if the game redshirts them retroactively or not.

In cases of injury, though, you don't get the redshirt. It sucks.
Old 12-21-2019, 09:42 PM   #3
Rookie

Aphilidor's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rieux
Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but medical redshirts aren't a thing in the EA football universe. If he played in a game, it'll still use the year of eligibility, so hopefully he's not a senior at the very least.

If it's not injury related, i.e. a player doesn't play because there was no room for him on the depth chart, I'm not actually sure what happens if he wasn't redshirted. It would be most obvious at the WR position, but of course I've always just redshirted true freshmen if they couldn't crack the depth chart, so I'm not sure if the game redshirts them retroactively or not.

In cases of injury, though, you don't get the redshirt. It sucks.
:-(
Thanks for input
Old 12-21-2019, 09:49 PM   #4
Rookie

I remember several years ago, ea let users vote on a new feature to be added to the game and one of the options was medical redshirts. Another option was in-game saves which I would have thought would've won in a landslide since people have complained about ea's games freezing since the beginning of time. I can't remember which feature got picked but it wasn't in-game saves, and I've never heard or known of a way to get a medical redshirt either.

Basically reading between the lines, ea was saying, "Here are several new things we could add to our game. But instead of adding several things, we will add one." Hell they probably didn't even follow through with adding whichever feature "won" the vote.

Anyhow. I do know that at least the game will automatically redshirt a player who doesn't get on the field all year, you just have to watch because sometimes they will find their way out there on the kickoff team or something.
Old 12-22-2019, 08:13 AM   #5
Rookie

You can always use the editor to adjust redshirts. Especially with the new rule that allows players to play in 4 games and redshirt. I've done that before.

You would adjust the PYEA and PRSD fields. In the the former values range from 0 to 3 for class and in the latter it's 0 and 1 values. In my Iowa State Dynasty I had a QB who played 2 games as a true junior. Since he only played in those two games and was my QB of the future I treated that as a redshirt year and he became a RS (SO).

You could do the same with medical redshirts too.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Operation Sports mobile app
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football »