Home

More Difficult... NCAA 13 or 14

This is a discussion on More Difficult... NCAA 13 or 14 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-04-2020, 03:25 AM   #1
Pro

OVR: 0
More Difficult... NCAA 13 or 14

Been playing 14 for about a year and a half. I purchased 13 for 8 bucks to have the latest version in case my 14 bites the dust. I decided to build up San Jose State. I feel 13 is way tougher. Could it be this sucky team? I was getting sacked, couldn't hit passes, etc. I had to even move difficulty back to varsity. I have read in a few places that 13 had some real problems and sliders didn't do much. Anyways, you all think 13 is tougher? Or 14?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-04-2020, 02:51 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: More Difficult... NCAA 13 or 14

The thing is, it's a complicated question because, 1) there are so many adjustments you can make to both games in the editor and 2) everybody has their own ideas about what they consider easy / difficult as well as what we all want out of the games.

I was never a big fan of 14 because I thought they took the enjoyment out of recruiting, which for many of us is our favorite part of the game. I have better things to do (ok not really I guess) than come up with 100 house rules of ways to tie my hands behind my back to make recruiting a challenge again, but that is just me. I also got tired of seeing my players all trip and fall over each other at the end of every play like a bunch of morons. I was upset that a lot of jerseys I liked to use for teams like Colorado State, WKU, Army, Oregon, SMU etc had been removed in 14 though certainly 14 also has a few newer ones I would like to be able to use.

To get back to your point a little bit, I felt even when you cranked up the difficulty 14 was just too easy to rack up yards and points. I personally love being involved in more 17-10, 13-3 type games where everything is a struggle and ncaa 12 and 13 had more of a repuatation for providing that, thanks a great deal to the LBs and DBs being able to spin around and jump 15 feet in the air to intercept you like we are playing on the NES. But again, there are things that can be done to keep that from ruining the game. I gave up on 14 before I started learning about adjustments that can be made to make that game play more of a style I want, and if I found a copy of it for a reasonable price someday I'd be tempted to check it out. Can anybody say if it's true that you can still download the free uniform pack for the ps3 version of 14? I have heard people recently claim you could still download the free one, others say you haven't been able to in a long time.
Old 01-04-2020, 05:34 PM   #3
Pro

Hey Phil Spiderman. Many thanks. So, let me know this. I play 14 pretty good on All American, well pretty good for me that is. I tweaked some sliders from OS. However, on 13 man I flat out suck. My WRs can't catch a pass for anything. Also, the CPU defensive line almost blitzes every down and I am running for my life. I am not sure about sliders for this game. I tried on All American and I am awful. Is this just because I am playing with a very awful San Jose State team?
Old 01-04-2020, 05:46 PM   #4
Rookie

frankinho's Arena

I agree on Phil's point about the lack of immersion with recruiting in 14, which is my main reason to prefer and mainly play 13 myself. I'm not sure if its harder to play games in 13 to be honest since i guess it depends which sliders you're using. I have found a good DB glitch negating varsity sliders that i tweaked slightly and poses quite a big challenge for me personally as i'm finding it hard to win games with a bad team (Kent State) and am 2-5 in my second season.
Old 01-04-2020, 07:41 PM   #5
Rookie

The best way to find out collegefbfan is to try using different teams. When I try different profile settings or player edits, I often start more than one dynasty to test things out. One with an awful team like UMass usually, then another one with a Power 5 conference team like Pitt for example. But yes, the CPU getting in your grill means you have to call plays with quick routes like slants. Use hot routes to get several different quick routes that you can unload to in a hurry. Get one guy running a slant, and send the guy beside him on a streak straight downfield and then you can watch both guys at the same time and throw to whoever is more open. Screen passes and draws work well against heavy pressure in real life, but on the game they usually don't work quite right.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-05-2020, 12:34 AM   #6
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankinho
I agree on Phil's point about the lack of immersion with recruiting in 14, which is my main reason to prefer and mainly play 13 myself. I'm not sure if its harder to play games in 13 to be honest since i guess it depends which sliders you're using. I have found a good DB glitch negating varsity sliders that i tweaked slightly and poses quite a big challenge for me personally as i'm finding it hard to win games with a bad team (Kent State) and am 2-5 in my second season.
Let me know these sliders if you don't mind. Many thanks.
Old 01-14-2020, 05:29 PM   #7
Rookie

frankinho's Arena

https://forums.operationsports.com/f...lay-fixed.html

i'm using these as a base with slight adjustments:
- CPU interceptions 35
- CPU Rush defence 85
- CPU Tackling 75

I also increase AWR for starting and backup QB's i'm playing that week (after the game i change it back):
- SR - 95
- JR - 90
- SO, FR - 85
if they are scrambler QB's i also change their BCV and CAR to at least 85

These adjustments work really well for me and find it challenging, i know it may look like a lot of work editing above but it only takes you a minute before and after the game and makes CPU play better offensively
Old 01-15-2020, 02:36 AM   #8
MVP

Mjphillips's Arena

OVR: 10

[quote=

I also increase AWR for starting and backup QB's i'm playing that week (after the game i change it back):

- SR - 95

- JR - 90

- SO, FR - 85

if they are scrambler QB's i also change their BCV and CAR to at least 85

These adjustments work really well for me and find it challenging, i know it may look like a lot of work editing above but it only takes you a minute before and after the game and makes CPU play better offensively[/QUOTE]

I love this!

Sent from 713

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »