Home

Finally getting bored. How do I make the game fun again?

This is a discussion on Finally getting bored. How do I make the game fun again? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-24-2020, 01:41 AM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Finally getting bored. How do I make the game fun again?

Lots of game play options were already given so I will throw up some Dynasty options that can keep the game interesting.

The conference Gauntlet - start out in the Sun Belt conference and play until you win the conference then only take a job offer to the MAC, followed by Conf USA, Mountain West, The American, ACC, Big12, PAC 12, Big 10, SEC.

Sim Coaching Family While you are playing your dynasty, have two created coaches that start as coordinators at two rival schools. I used to go with FIU and FAU but New Mexico and New Mexico State or Georgia State and Georgia Southern (team builder) are good starting points.
You set the offensive and defensive game plans for them, and make sure they play each other each year.
No recruiting restrictions on them just have them competing to see who can rise the furthest against each other while you play out your dynasty.

The recruits Every season make some elite recruit, or recruits. But don't recruit them yourself just follow their careers. Schedule yourself to play them if they become stars

Follow the coach edit a no name coordinator or two to max them out as coaches and follow their careers as you play your own dynasty.

The Historic run Take your fav college football team and go back x amount of years. Edit your team to mirror say the 1987 Notre Dame team then only recruit players similar to those in the 1988 recruiting class (easier to do if you start in 2002)
Try to keep your roster accurate as you play through your career.
This is a link to how I set up ND's recruiting by year https://forums.operationsports.com/f...postcount=8870

You can also edit other team rosters as you go plugging in greats like Michael Vick, Tim Tebow, etc etc. If you do this and adjust their coaches to feed them he ball you can have Heisman races like this

https://www.reddit.com/r/NCAAFBserie..._1987_heisman/
Old 01-25-2020, 11:12 AM   #18
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

I think you also need to look into playing with fatigue off on Kit's sliders and then look at your playbook. You say you're running the ball easily. Are you running a ton of option plays? Do you have a lot of offset gun formations? Are you running a ton of dives and other run plays that are OP?

In our Online Dynasty we limit our playbooks to 75 plays and take any plays out that are too strong. Zero dives, we only run two option plays per drive, none are allowed inside of the opponent's 25, pretty much no inside run plays from an offset formation as they're a guaranteed 6 yards or more every time.

Other things we do is also limit the D playbook to 50 plays. No money plays, nano blitzes, etc. Supersim all special team plays. Player lock as your best defensive player every snap. If multiple are the same overall, then rotate between them. Don't just user the MLB or Safety and take 80 overall guys and get them AA status because of stick skills or gaming the AI. Stick to your assignment. As a ball carrier do not abuse the moves like the double juke that literally work every single time.

Just look at what is too easy and see why. I'd bet you are running plenty of run plays that are more OP than you realize. Dive plays are broken in this game as are other runs like a lot of the slam plays. You are guaranteed big holes and tons of push no matter your OL or the DL because they are just broken plays. Option plays are also generally OP if you run them constantly. That's why we limit them to 2 per drive and none in the red zone. They still can get stopped by the AI, but they're a bit strong. Also, the double jukes and whatnot took some time to break the habit of using, but the AI never does those moves and if you know what you're doing you can practically get 10+ of extra yardage because you know how to exploit the AI with the moves every play.

― Plato
Old 01-29-2020, 06:17 AM   #19
Rookie

Do the death penalty challenge. Take a blue blood program and for the next five years, sim every game and recruit a maximum of 15 players a year, with only one three star each year.

Not factually accurate, but the endstate is a team in the mid 60s overall lol. Then you start from there as the coach that got hired to fix the mistakes and right the ship.
Old 02-01-2020, 10:35 AM   #20
MVP

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConditionZeroOne
Do the death penalty challenge. Take a blue blood program and for the next five years, sim every game and recruit a maximum of 15 players a year, with only one three star each year.

Not factually accurate, but the endstate is a team in the mid 60s overall lol. Then you start from there as the coach that got hired to fix the mistakes and right the ship.
What is a "Blue Blood Program"?
I am building a website that will host classic sport gaming rosters from years past. We have lost many great rosters for good over the past several years due to expired links. If your interested in contributing, please PM me and let the work live on forever!
Old 02-01-2020, 11:40 AM   #21
Rookie

Incorporate one of the dynamic progression systems. The games player progression system is archaic and linear. Some of the systems OS users have come up with result in more busts, breakout freshman, transfers, etc.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-04-2020, 04:39 PM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 1

I'd love to do this, but the time commitment is too high.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kawkeye
Incorporate one of the dynamic progression systems. The games player progression system is archaic and linear. Some of the systems OS users have come up with result in more busts, breakout freshman, transfers, etc.
Sent from my SM-G965U using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 02-04-2020, 06:26 PM   #23
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZN30
I'd love to do this, but the time commitment is too high.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Operation Sports mobile app
Here is mine: https://forums.operationsports.com/f...or-needed.html

It might take a bit to learn the rules and read the document but it only takes 10 minutes to do your team each off season once you get the hang of it.
Old 02-09-2020, 12:56 PM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConditionZeroOne

This is similar to something I'm trying now. Background: Army had gotten too dominant, essentially placing in the top 10 for five straight years. In the editor at the end of the season I changed all their sophomores and juniors to seniors. They have now had 7 consecutive seasons with no more than 2 wins per season.

I took over Kansas State, who are in the midst of 18 consecutive losing seasons. As with Army, I made all the sophomores and juniors seniors. I entered my first season at KSU with 53 players on the roster. My overall team rating is 61 (59 offense, 66 defense). My first game was against FCS Southeast (63 overall, 63 offense, 66 defense) and won 22-15. Typically with 17 open slots I would allow myself to sign 17 players but I like your 15 idea. In fact, I'll go with 14 (70 / 5 = 14). For the first five seasons I will have at least 14 seniors or open roster spots to sign 14 without needing to cut existing players. Since year two will have no seniors and probably no empty slots (the computer will extend walk on offers to complete the roster), I'll make the best 14 players seniors.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »