Home

Old PS3 NCAA Footballs

This is a discussion on Old PS3 NCAA Footballs within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-14-2020, 04:38 PM   #1
Rookie

Limasbravo's Arena

OVR: 0
Old PS3 NCAA Footballs

This may seem like a odd question, but here goes.

I really like NCAA Football 14 for the PS3. Really, I have no complaints (I don't expect flawless gameplay or such).

NCAA 14 is the only one I've owned on the PS3 but have owned many of them dating way back to the first one that came out on the Genesis and many on the 1st and 2nd Playstations.

What I'm wondering is a few things are different in the other PS3 NCAA Footballs. Here's what I'm looking for (all dynasty mode):

1) I liked how in the Heisman it would show the player in their uniform and helmet, unlike 2014 where it's just the players face
2) Supersim is a must, I only like playing offense and let the defense play how they like
3) While the NCAA 14 recruiting is fine, I like the older systems where you put so much time into the recruit, by doing things as calling them, emailing them, etc.
4) Historically, I use Air Force a lot, but I feel like NCAA 14, running the option is hard, I end up with tons of negative yards and turnovers.

Edit:
5) Since no Teambuilder, would like to have the in-game editor that used to happen.

Any of the older PS3 games have these?

Thank you!

Last edited by Limasbravo; 04-14-2020 at 05:16 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-14-2020, 05:32 PM   #2
MVP

Re: Old PS3 NCAA Footballs

What in-game editor are you referring to? Do you mean like the PS2 days where you could create a school?

Option doesn't get any easier than 14. Like, it's a very dominant offense in that game. To the point where other programs running it turn into powerhouses.

12 has the in-depth recruiting. So does 11. Not sure how far back it goes. I think at least to 09.

Not sure about supersim. I think it's the same as in depth recruiting.
Old 04-14-2020, 05:49 PM   #3
Rookie

Limasbravo's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by nofx94
What in-game editor are you referring to? Do you mean like the PS2 days where you could create a school?

Option doesn't get any easier than 14. Like, it's a very dominant offense in that game. To the point where other programs running it turn into powerhouses.

12 has the in-depth recruiting. So does 11. Not sure how far back it goes. I think at least to 09.

Not sure about supersim. I think it's the same as in depth recruiting.
Yes, that's what I mean. Create a school in the game, not having to use a Teambuilder type website.

Guess I'm bad at running the option. Hehe. My other times running option in older NCAA Football games I never had these issues.

Thanks for the reply!
Old 04-14-2020, 09:06 PM   #4
Pro

I would check out NCAA 11 (PS2) since I believe that's the last one made on PS2. I haven't played it before but it has the Heisman thing and should have the create a school feature...I'm not sure if the recruiting is the same as the PS3 version and I think it's missing supersim which would be the only downfall for you. Hope this helps!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Last edited by VTHokie525; 04-14-2020 at 09:08 PM.
Old 04-15-2020, 10:29 AM   #5
MVP

speedy43's Arena

OVR: 10

-The jump from the ps2/xbox to ps3/360 gen lost a lot of features in this game. You have to go back to ps2 to have things like the in-game create a team (with pride stickers too), medical redshirts, spring training, and sanctions.

-For recruiting, I'd have to go back and look but I think it was revamped for 14. The years prior have the allotted times, phone calls, and visit pitches.

-As far as the option goes, press R2 to see the preplay view. Look for read defender (R icon). If running a pitch play, there will be a P icon as well. For example, on a read option, most of the time it is the DE or LB playing up. If they attack, hold onto it with the QB. If they stay home, hand it off and bust the RB up the gut. Take some reps in the skills trainer mode to get a hang of it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-15-2020, 11:05 AM   #6
Rookie

Limasbravo's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTHokie525
I would check out NCAA 11 (PS2) since I believe that's the last one made on PS2. I haven't played it before but it has the Heisman thing and should have the create a school feature...I'm not sure if the recruiting is the same as the PS3 version and I think it's missing supersim which would be the only downfall for you. Hope this helps!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Definitely helpful. Thank you for the input!

I'm not going back to PS2, since mine is broken but was hoping older PS3 NCAA Footballs had some of the similar things.
Old 04-15-2020, 11:10 AM   #7
Rookie

Limasbravo's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy43
-The jump from the ps2/xbox to ps3/360 gen lost a lot of features in this game. You have to go back to ps2 to have things like the in-game create a team (with pride stickers too), medical redshirts, spring training, and sanctions.
Yeah, I was figuring, but wasn't sure what was lost since NCAA 14 is my only PS3 game I've used. Darn! I was hoping the create a team was in the first PS3 NCAAs but then afterward they moved to the Teambuilder.

Quote:
-For recruiting, I'd have to go back and look but I think it was revamped for 14. The years prior have the allotted times, phone calls, and visit pitches.
That's what I am thinking.

Quote:
-As far as the option goes, press R2 to see the preplay view. Look for read defender (R icon). If running a pitch play, there will be a P icon as well. For example, on a read option, most of the time it is the DE or LB playing up. If they attack, hold onto it with the QB. If they stay home, hand it off and bust the RB up the gut. Take some reps in the skills trainer mode to get a hang of it.
Thanks for the info! Seems like you have less than a second to decide whether to keep or pitch, which for me seems like I can't even figure it out, I have to guess.
Old 04-15-2020, 11:32 AM   #8
MVP

speedy43's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Limasbravo
YThanks for the info! Seems like you have less than a second to decide whether to keep or pitch, which for me seems like I can't even figure it out, I have to guess.
No problem. It's going to take a little bit of practice to get an eye for it. Like I said, try out the skills trainer mode.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »