Home

Possible Discovery Regarding Modding Uniforms

This is a discussion on Possible Discovery Regarding Modding Uniforms within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-04-2020, 12:30 PM   #1
All Star

TarHeelPhenom's Arena

OVR: 10
Possible Discovery Regarding Modding Uniforms

Disclaimer: None of this may be worth anyone's time because it simply may not work. But, I figured I would share anyway.

So, on this past Friday, just by chance I stumbled across a way to populate the Uniform Tab of a roster, Dynasty or Regular, outside of a Teambuilder Dynasty. I've included pictures to show what it looks like and the files will load up in both the Dynasty Editor and the regular EA DB editor. I'll try to explain this the best I can and hope it doesn't confuse anyone.

So, I was looking at the Modding thread that's going on and just brainstorming to see if there was something within these tabs that could unlock the uniform tab outside of a Teambuilder Dynasty. So, I did a google search to see if there was anything out there that would explain what some of the unknown tabs are in the roster files and this website called Footballidiot came up(lots of greatness over there as far as modding goes). They have modded the mess out of Madden 08 on PC and they have editors over there. So, I took a shot in the dark and went up there to see if they had anything explaining what some of these tabs are...it appears that EA has used the same mapping since 06. Anyway, I ran across an editor they have that was updated just last year. I was like I know this is prolly specifically made for PC but let me see if one of my Xbox Madden rosters will load and to my surprise IT DID! So, I said well, let me see if an NCAA roster file will load..and IT DID!

The editor shows you all of the tabs just like Xan's does and of course the Uniform tab was not populated. So, then I got an old Teambuilder dynasty file that I have to see if it would load...and IT DID...and the uniform tab populated the information of the TB team. Where the fun began was when I realized that this editor would allow you to add records/rows to the file. So, I was like let me see if I add a row to the file export it to a CSV...edit the added row and then import it back...would it read it. So, I did that and imported the csv file back into the editor and it worked. So, I saved the TB Dynasty file and took it back to Skull's modified editor. So, here was the deal...

1) When I loaded the dynasty file into the editor it didn't show the added row; but when I loaded the DB file into the editor it did.

2) So, I exported the DB file...Uniform tab only...to a csv file...opened up a non Teambuilder dynasty MC02 file separately and exported to a csv...copied the info from the DB file and pasted it to my Dynasty file...and then imported back to my dynasty file and it worked. The added row showed up in my dynasty file. So, basically what you see in the uniform tab of my non-Teambuilder dynasty file is the uniform info of the Teambuilder team and the added row with zero's under each tab.

3) So then I took it a step further because I wanted to see if this would work with a regular roster instead of a dynasty roster. So, I used Skull's editor and a Roster config to load my Teambuilder Dynasty roster so that it would be in a regular roster format. I then took that file to the editor from Footballidiot and loaded it. This time instead of adding just 1 extra row, I added 252 more just to see what would happen. I exported that file into a csv...then I opened up my unedited stock roster with no names into the editor. I imported the csv file into my stock roster and the editor populated all 254 rows.

4) So, I saved the file and then opened up the DB file in the regular DB Editor and exported to a csv. I then opened up the stock roster separately, exported to csv, copied and pasted the information from the DB file to the MC02 roster file...imported the csv into my MC02 roster file and it populated the Uniform TAB. So, I saved the file and then loaded it into the Dynasty editor to see if it would open and it did.

Couple of things:

1) Whereas the DB file showed all 254 rows, the MC02 file only showed 30. When I went back and looked at the file in the editor off of Football idiot, it show the Uniform Tab Capacity as 30. So I'm wondering if I add more rows to it would they show up?

2) I noticed, as you will see in the picture that information from a few teams actually showed up and I didn't do ANYTHING to it! Keep in my that in these pics are roster files that are not from a Teambuilder Dynasty. What that means other than those being just numbers beats me. But, based on what I have seen in the "How To Mod Uniforms" thread, the numbers look similar. I can bet with confidence that they aren't in the right places though and I don't know enough about it to shed more light on it.

Here is what I can say:

1) Without me going in and editing the file, when you try to load it up in the game, it doesn't corrupt the file but the file does freeze...which I knew it would. I was just hoping it wouldn't corrupt it.

2) The fields are populated in rosters that aren't Teambuilder Dynasty rosters...at least 30 rows.

3) This may all be for absolutely nothing and may not work at all. But, hey I figured I would pass it along and if anybody is interested, I will post the roster file and the dynasty file up here so you can look at it. I would have to figure out how to do it though. The files are Xbox 360 files.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-04-2020, 05:45 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Possible Discovery Regarding Modding Uniforms

Hey man, this is pretty exciting. I'd like to try to replicate some of what you are doing for PS3. Can you please clarify the exact name of the Editor that you are using and the version? Thanks and great find.
Old 05-05-2020, 09:13 AM   #3
All Star

TarHeelPhenom's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by br2000
Hey man, this is pretty exciting. I'd like to try to replicate some of what you are doing for PS3. Can you please clarify the exact name of the Editor that you are using and the version? Thanks and great find.
The editor is pretty sweet. It's geared toward the PC but it also supports MC02 files...both Box 360 and PS3 files.

I hit you up on PM.

Last edited by TarHeelPhenom; 05-05-2020 at 09:18 AM.
Old 05-19-2020, 05:18 PM   #4
Just started!

So were you able to successfully edit a real team’s (no teambuilder) jerseys?
Old 05-19-2020, 06:09 PM   #5
All Star

TarHeelPhenom's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djackson9
So were you able to successfully edit a real team’s (no teambuilder) jerseys?
You can't edit the uniforms that came with the game as far as changing the color and thing of that nature. You can only do that the way the guys who are currently working on mods are...(see Connerwalks thread). But what you can do is:

1) Mix and match team uniform parts...for example if you wanted your team to have plain white pants to go with their uniforms, you can find a team who wears plain white pants, insert the pants ID number in the proper column and then they will have the white pants.

2) Download Teambuilder Teams...export said teams uniform information onto a csv...copy the uniform info and then paste it onto a separate csv that has the uniform tab populated for whatever team you want and then import the Uniform csv into your roster....save it and load the game up and then you will be able to edit that uniform however you like it within the uniform tab.

3) Make uniforms from scratch.

The only drawbacks are you lose the logos if you build from scratch. Also NCAA 14 only allows you to edit 30 uniforms total which is like 15 teams; however NCAA 11 and 12 allows you to edit every teams uniforms that way. Not sure about 13 because I don't have that game.

It may sound confusing but it's not.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-19-2020, 07:09 PM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarHeelPhenom
You can't edit the uniforms that came with the game as far as changing the color and thing of that nature. You can only do that the way the guys who are currently working on mods are...(see Connerwalks thread). But what you can do is:

1) Mix and match team uniform parts...for example if you wanted your team to have plain white pants to go with their uniforms, you can find a team who wears plain white pants, insert the pants ID number in the proper column and then they will have the white pants.

2) Download Teambuilder Teams...export said teams uniform information onto a csv...copy the uniform info and then paste it onto a separate csv that has the uniform tab populated for whatever team you want and then import the Uniform csv into your roster....save it and load the game up and then you will be able to edit that uniform however you like it within the uniform tab.

3) Make uniforms from scratch.

The only drawbacks are you lose the logos if you build from scratch. Also NCAA 14 only allows you to edit 30 uniforms total which is like 15 teams; however NCAA 11 and 12 allows you to edit every teams uniforms that way. Not sure about 13 because I don't have that game.

It may sound confusing but it's not.
NCAA 13 only allows up to 25 uniforms.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »