Home

How is NCAA 12?

This is a discussion on How is NCAA 12? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-08-2020, 10:50 AM   #9
Rookie

Limasbravo's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: How is NCAA 12?

Quote:
Originally Posted by young22
I had 12 before I ever had 14, I wanted the real players in my Madden 12 franchise but then I realized they didn't transfer over too well.
Can you please explain more?

I haven't really liked a Madden since maybe Madden 98. Which is partly because I've also not tried them, I've lost the interest. I bought Madden 25 or whatever it was where you can import from NCAA 14. Didn't care for that, I just found it dull.

I'm enjoying NCAA 12 a lot more, although apparently I'm having to relearn it since I'm apparently I'm bad at NCAA 12 and was fine in NCAA 14.

How is Madden 12? Madden 25 is the only one of the Madden's I've played in on the PS3.
Old 06-08-2020, 06:22 PM   #10
MVP

young22's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Limasbravo
Can you please explain more?

I haven't really liked a Madden since maybe Madden 98. Which is partly because I've also not tried them, I've lost the interest. I bought Madden 25 or whatever it was where you can import from NCAA 14. Didn't care for that, I just found it dull.

I'm enjoying NCAA 12 a lot more, although apparently I'm having to relearn it since I'm apparently I'm bad at NCAA 12 and was fine in NCAA 14.

How is Madden 12? Madden 25 is the only one of the Madden's I've played in on the PS3.
Wow you're a Madden vet haha! Madden 25 (360/PS3 where QB AI isn't broken) is probably the best Madden (in my opinion) since 12, aside from Madden 17 up until about that October when they patched it, ruining QB accuracy and man coverage.

I tried porting the real players over from NCAA 12 into Madden 12 but then quickly realized that the ratings were a bit out of whack and the generated classes were far better. I liked the system that year because the classes were premade, but only the players' attributes, position, and college remained the same. Plus there were a ton more impact rookies that would come in rated in the 80s. Also, progression in that game was dope, some guys wouldn't drop off until 33-34, but some would start losing it at 25-26. Overall, Madden 12 was just a very good game. Last time Franchise mode was any good.
Old 06-09-2020, 12:29 PM   #11
Rookie

Limasbravo's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by young22
Wow you're a Madden vet haha! Madden 25 (360/PS3 where QB AI isn't broken) is probably the best Madden (in my opinion) since 12, aside from Madden 17 up until about that October when they patched it, ruining QB accuracy and man coverage.

I tried porting the real players over from NCAA 12 into Madden 12 but then quickly realized that the ratings were a bit out of whack and the generated classes were far better. I liked the system that year because the classes were premade, but only the players' attributes, position, and college remained the same. Plus there were a ton more impact rookies that would come in rated in the 80s. Also, progression in that game was dope, some guys wouldn't drop off until 33-34, but some would start losing it at 25-26. Overall, Madden 12 was just a very good game. Last time Franchise mode was any good.
Thanks for the reply! Yes, I don't think I'm "over the hill" but definitely a vet.

Been playing games since the Atari. Which funny story; when I was just a kid (elementary school?) my parents gave me an Atari for Christmas. Years later I found out that after I went to bed Christmas Eve, they opened it and played it for a while, before putting it back in the box, wrapping it, and me opening it the next day.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-20-2020, 10:57 PM   #12
Rookie

Limasbravo's Arena

Well, I can update after more gameplay. I'm giving up on it. Commentary stops a few times per game, which I can deal with, because the other stuff I like more than NCAA 14. However, I'm giving up on it, because the game regularly freezes. It's not every game, but definitely most of them. Sometimes it stops freezing but sometimes you have to exit the game.
Old 06-20-2020, 11:21 PM   #13
All Star

TarHeelPhenom's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Well, I can update after more gameplay. I'm giving up on it. Commentary stops a few times per game, which I can deal with, because the other stuff I like more than NCAA 14. However, I'm giving up on it, because the game regularly freezes. It's not every game, but definitely most of them. Sometimes it stops freezing but sometimes you have to exit the game.
I had the same experience playing without the patch. If would freeze a whole lot. But the freezing topped after I loaded the patch.
Old 06-22-2020, 01:06 PM   #14
Rookie

Limasbravo's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarHeelPhenom
I had the same experience playing without the patch. If would freeze a whole lot. But the freezing topped after I loaded the patch.
Great to know. Usually when there's a patch, I go into the game and there's a message about an update. Which I click OK and it updates. I'm not getting any message about a patch (PS3). Maybe the patch isn't available now?
Old 06-22-2020, 01:30 PM   #15
All Star

TarHeelPhenom's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Great to know. Usually when there's a patch, I go into the game and there's a message about an update. Which I click OK and it updates. I'm not getting any message about a patch (PS3). Maybe the patch isn't available now?

Hmmmm...go to your Settings...then Storage...and look at your files under NCAA 12 and see if there is a Title Update that's been downloaded. If not, it should prompt you whenever you're online. If it's already been downloaded and you're still experience freezing then that's def a game killer. I wanted to see what the game played like without the patch and every other game it would freeze when the camera panned out. So, I re-downloaded the patch and haven't had any issues since.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-22-2020, 03:45 PM   #16
Rookie

I like 13 pretty well. Looks like some copies on eBay for around 20. That was the last year that they had the entrances. 14 was ok, but I like 13 pretty well myself.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »