Home

Best NCAA Football Features From the PS2 Era That Later Vanished

This is a discussion on Best NCAA Football Features From the PS2 Era That Later Vanished within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-30-2020, 03:11 PM   #33
Hall Of Fame

NoleFan's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: Best NCAA Football Features From the PS2 Era That Later Vanished

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundown2600
The biggest feature for me that was abandoned in the PS3/XBOX 360 games was EA's decision to change how player weight, momentum and player movement played out during gameplay.

The PS2/XBox gen games play so much better because of this especially with slider tweaks. I know I'm reaching with this answer because this isn't really a feature in the same sense as those mentioned already, but for me this would ultimately be the reason why I could never fall in love with my PS3 NCAA football games. I despise with all of my heart how the players move and react.
Movement is a big one. Every time I try to play a newer game I immediately get annoyed by the feeling that the animations have more control over my guy than I do.
Old 12-08-2020, 10:17 PM   #34
Rookie

Crazy Packers Fan's Arena

OVR: 0

Lee Corso putting on the mascot head of his pick. I know it seems minor, but I always got extra motivation to win big anytime he picked the computer team over mine.

There were also some games televised, some games not. If you weren't a good team, you wouldn't get on TV, and thus no announcers. Sometimes that was refreshing, but the goal was to get your program to the point that you were on TV.

(Of course, in today's real-life world, every single game is televised anyway, so this wouldn't work today.)
Old 12-10-2020, 12:04 AM   #35
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skulletor
Probation was a good idea but terrible implementation. Your program would go on sanctions because players didn’t eat lunch
Didn't something like that actual happen several years ago? I believe a coach got in trouble because he withheld meal money from his players because they weren't playing well.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »