Home

Non-mod ways to spice up dynasty

This is a discussion on Non-mod ways to spice up dynasty within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-17-2020, 02:11 PM   #9
MVP

OVR: 13
Re: Non-mod ways to spice up dynasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Sam99
I wish I could credit where I found this but not sure... I attached the set up to this post which should giver you a good idea of what I'm doing: 5 "premier conferences" and 5 "lower conferences" with balanced divisions. The worst teams are relegated and conference champs are promoted.
That's a spinoff from this topic (https://forums.operationsports.com/f...nce-setup.html) which also has a bunch of custom conference and relegation ideas. Basically what I do is the overall loser of the top conference (say PAC-12) drops to MTN WEST, and top winner of MTN WEST goes to PAC-12.
And I can say, you think it'd just end up being a bunch of waffling back and forth with the major division team killing the lesser division and just ends up moving back up easily, but I've rarely seen that happen.

Here's one I also personally made, where I shuffled a few teams around and included Appalachian State, North Dakota State, and The Citadel, removing Idaho, UAB and UConn.

Here's also a topic that's relevant, "Making dynasty mode feel more organic" (https://forums.operationsports.com/f...e-organic.html)

One other thing I've also been wanting to do is an idea I saw somewhere on the forums a long time ago about making a Death Penalty dynasty where your entire team is composed of walk-ons. The instructions being you sim the entire first season, then at position change you change every players position to Punter, then at Cut Players you just cut all your punters. This then gives you walk ons at every position.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ncaa alt div align - Copy.jpg (171.8 KB, 322 views)
Old 09-19-2020, 09:18 AM   #10
Just started!

OVR: 0

Here are some things I have done:

- If you're not using PocketScout or other online trackers, keep a Word file of some significant progress for each season (MarquetteDynasty1.png)

- Create what I "Diamond Prospects" in pre-season recruiting, then track them in that same Word doc or a separate one (MarquetteDynasty2.png). I also keep track of where they end up if I don't snag them myself, and my record against them during their college careers.

- I use the same conference relegation format that you posted: the way I operate it is if a team is promoted from their 2nd to 1st tier conference, they cannot be relegated until the following season. Meaning if they finish in the bottom of the conference the same year they were brought up, they cannot be sent down (the next team above them at the bottom of the conference is sent to 2nd-tier conference).
Attached Images
File Type: png MarquetteDynasty1.PNG (31.9 KB, 230 views)
File Type: png MarquetteDynasty2.PNG (26.7 KB, 232 views)
Old 09-19-2020, 02:04 PM   #11
Rookie

Jerromy's Arena

Oh man I'm definitely using the conference idea for my dynasty!! I wouldn't of though about any of this on my own haha. I just keep everything default. I do miss the feature from (I can't remember what year) but you could be kicked out of conferences and invited to new ones and stuff like that
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-23-2020, 12:59 AM   #12
Rookie

Turn all BCS Bowl bids to at large

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 09-24-2020, 09:31 AM   #13
MVP

Son of Sam99's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonJonpin
Turn all BCS Bowl bids to at large

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Done, love that move
Old 09-24-2020, 12:44 PM   #14
Rookie

House rules. Recruiting restrictions, forced attrition, gameplay restrictions, play calling restrictions, dynamic progression (done without the editor), limits on coach skill points spent, etc. I have a list of mine I can post later, but all these things help make the game a challenge and keep it fresh.
Old 09-29-2020, 10:55 AM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Sam99
Modding this game is beyond my skill set technically speaking and I really don't have the time to commit to all of the prep to make it work... When I sit down to play the game I just want to play the game.

I've already enacted a promotion/ relegation type of realignment that I'm enjoying and doing some light tracking of long term stats for players & coaches.

Wondering what other people are doing outside of mods to keep it fresh?

Thanks!!

I tried the relegation you mentioned in a later post, but the teams often go back to their original conferences within a year or two. I am having a much better dynasty with teams moving through all 10 conferences. The problem with this is that you lose the conferences being regional. (I also combined this with modding the bowl season with an 8-team playoff featuring the P5 champs, best G5 champ, and 2 P5 wildcards. I also have a G5 playoff with the remaining G5 champs and 9 Relegation Bowls for the last place finishers in each division because I have two 14-team conferences and eight 12-team conferences and two independents. I typically edit all but four or five bowl games).

My conference tier was determined by the number of teams added from a P5 conference vs teams lost a P5 conference:

1. SEC (2-0, adding Texas A&M and Missouri from the Big 12)
  2. Big Ten (2-0, adding Nebraska from the Big 12 and Maryland from the ACC)
  3. Pac-12 (1-0, adding Colorado from the Big 12)
  4. ACC (0-1, losing Maryland to the B1G)
  5. Big 12 (0-4, losing Texas A&M, Missouri Nebraska, and Colorado)
  6. American (losing Rutgers, Louisville, and the former Big East teams)
  7. Mountain West (losing Utah and TCU)
  8. C-USA (losing teams to the American)
  9. Sun Belt (losing teams to C-USA)
  10. MAC (stability is their penalty)
While the worst team in the SEC may be able to win a G5 the following season, I have never had them win the B1G to get back to the SEC quickly. Illinois has won the B1G to get to the SEC in year 2, get relegated back to the B1G in year 6 and then rejoined the SEC in my current (10th) season. Ohio State was in the SEC for five seasons before being relegated back to the B1G.

SEC East
Georgia
Michigan
Florida
Michigan State
Alabama
Clemson
Tennessee

SEC West
Texas State (my team)
Oklahoma
Mississippi State
Arkansas
Nebraska
Illinois
LSU

Minnesota will replace the Tennessee -- LSU losing in the Independence Bowl)

Auburn, Ole Miss, South Carolina, Texas A&M, and Vanderbilt are in the Big 10 while Kentucky and Missouri are in the Pac-12.

Kansas State and Wake Forest are playing in the America relegation game (Russell Athletic / Tangerine) where the loser joins the Mountain West to become the first (real life) P5 team to drop as far as the MWC.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-01-2020, 12:46 PM   #16
Rookie

There is a roster set out there, I'll upload it to my locker late (Briffon on 360) that has everyone as a 0, all schools as a 1*.
So basically, everyone sucks, and it's awesome.
Because everyone sucks, you basically are on even footing, and can see some teams turn into juggernauts by years 6-7.

It's one of my favorites to run a dynasty on for kicks and giggles.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »