Home

How much does the OC's playbook matter in CPU games?

This is a discussion on How much does the OC's playbook matter in CPU games? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-19-2020, 11:58 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
How much does the OC's playbook matter in CPU games?

I am running a CPU vs CPU dynasty. I sim past some games of the season and watch the CPU vs CPU games when they're big games. I know the sim engine and game engine generate different numbers so the stats are always a bit different and I get that.

What I'm mainly trying to do is get my CPU coach to call plays more to my liking. There's way too many screens and not enough passes to the #1 WR for instance.

When using a custom playbook that has screens taken out, those are still thrown. I then realized today that the OC has a different playbook altogether chosen and wondered if that was part of the reason that I'm not seeing the offense I expected. Does anyone know if the OC's playbook factors into the CPU playcalling at all?

Also, I heard a suggestion that the CPU doesn't recognize the custom playbook unless you have two controllers plugged in so I'm going to try that next too.

But, mostly, I'm just curious if anyone knows whether the OC's chosen playbook has any impact on games?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-19-2020, 06:15 PM   #2
Pro

souljahbill's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: How much does the OC's playbook matter in CPU games?

Go to Coach Philosophy. Whatever playbook it has stated is what’s being used. You can change to whatever book, including custom ones, in that menu.

Now, to get a custom playbook to load, all you need to do is start a game as if you were actually playing it (you don’t need to controllers) and after the coin flip, go to the menu and put the game to cpu vs. cpu. Then go to the super sim option in the menu and select “Watch Play.”

All done. Enjoy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-19-2020, 08:24 PM   #3
MVP

Mjphillips's Arena

OVR: 10

You only need 2 controllers if you're trying to load a custom playbook for the cpu as well as your team.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Old 09-21-2020, 11:37 AM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mjphillips
You only need 2 controllers if you're trying to load a custom playbook for the cpu as well as your team.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Ah interesting. I'm doing CPU vs CPU games and using a custom playbook for one team but they never seem to actually use it so I was going to try the two controller thing but that's good to know.
Old 09-21-2020, 11:41 AM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by souljahbill
Go to Coach Philosophy. Whatever playbook it has stated is what’s being used. You can change to whatever book, including custom ones, in that menu.

Now, to get a custom playbook to load, all you need to do is start a game as if you were actually playing it (you don’t need to controllers) and after the coin flip, go to the menu and put the game to cpu vs. cpu. Then go to the super sim option in the menu and select “Watch Play.”

All done. Enjoy.

Okay cool. I certainly put my custom playbook into Coach Philosophy but I looked my OC for the first time and saw he had a different playbook so I didn't know if that mattered.

That's interesting about the Super Sim option. I hadn't tried that before and didn't realize people were doing that. I'll give it a shot!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-21-2020, 12:02 PM   #6
Pro

souljahbill's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by gluke
Okay cool. I certainly put my custom playbook into Coach Philosophy but I looked my OC for the first time and saw he had a different playbook so I didn't know if that mattered.

That's interesting about the Super Sim option. I hadn't tried that before and didn't realize people were doing that. I'll give it a shot!

The only reason I know is because I’m doing cpu vs. cpu as well. Its fun but infuriating because the cpu is so TERRIBLE at play-calling. It gets addicted to the same 15 or so plays. But, it’s fun to see your recruiting actually matter and know that you can’t stick skill or play call your way to victory. I’m 15 or so years in and still haven’t won a conference championship, let alone a Natty.

Old 09-21-2020, 02:30 PM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by souljahbill
The only reason I know is because I’m doing cpu vs. cpu as well. Its fun but infuriating because the cpu is so TERRIBLE at play-calling. It gets addicted to the same 15 or so plays. But, it’s fun to see your recruiting actually matter and know that you can’t stick skill or play call your way to victory. I’m 15 or so years in and still haven’t won a conference championship, let alone a Natty.

Yeah, I definitely like the CPU vs CPU challenge. I don't watch all the games each year, but a fair amount of them. My team won the Natty in year 8 but I got some lucky breaks, I think.

For the computer to use a custom playbook, do you know if the Super Sim part matters or just starting the game as a User first? I usually just have both controllers set to CPU and sit back and watch the game like I'm a fan. I'm testing out Super Sim right now and my only complaint is having to keep a button to watch the next play as opposed to just sitting back and watching.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »