Home

Possible Game-Changing Recruiting Find

This is a discussion on Possible Game-Changing Recruiting Find within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-07-2020, 03:59 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Possible Game-Changing Recruiting Find

I had a crazy shower idea and perhaps somebody on here has already done so but what if you don't even start recruiting until midseason but within the prospects that have you in your top 10? After a 5 year sim with a 45 overall teambuilder with all D- pitches located in Oklahoma, these were the results, and tbh just saved the game for me.

Year 1- signed 15, started recruiting at week five. 28 out of 77 prospects added to the board. Nine 2*, five 1*, and one 3*. 0-12 record

Year 2- signed 16, started recruiting week 6. 24 out of 73 top 10 added to the board. Eight 2* and eight 1*. 0-12 record

Year 3- signed 15, started recruiting week 7. 18 of 59 top 10 added to board. Five 2* and ten 1*. Ended up with 17 total signees and the #126 ranked class. 0-12 including a 42-7 loss to FCS East

Year 4- signed 11, started recruiting week 8. 26 out of 64 top 10 added to board. Two 3*, three 2* and six 1*. 2-10 record, reached 63 overall and signed worst class for the second straight season.

Year 5- (Tested recruiting players with offers after the first four seasons targetted those with none. Players 50% or less locked were targetted.) signed 6, started week 6. 18 of 100 top 10 added. All six 1*. Ended with a sim high 3-9 record including back-to-back wins. Eight total signees and worst class for a third straight year. Two offseason signees were two stars.

FINAL FIVE YEAR RECORD- 5-55.

FINAL TEAM OVERALL- 70, 72 offense, 70 defense

IMPORTANT NOTES- I went through three coaches in five years with only the last one surviving more than a season. I didn't scout or assign points just added players and offered. Kept the same offense (Ole Miss) and defense (3-4) at a 50-50 ratio all five years. Never touched schedule, depth chart, or redshirting. All games simmed.

Lone 80 overalls were an 87 overall kicker and 85 overall QB who finished with 6,906 yards, 37-35, 47.9%, sacked 112 times. Everybody else was 79 or under.

Several times had to take walk-ons due to no eligible guys being interested.

Turned down roughly 30 transfers during the duration of the sim.

OVERALL THOUGHTS- I really, REALLY like this method. I think from now on I'll start recruiting at week 7. To me it makes sense. Rarely do you see group of five doormats like UTEP or NMSU sign a high number of guys early and coming from a D2 school where the only early signees were JUCOs I like this method. Not only am I already narrowing down my pool by only going after top 10 but even more by letting the best ones possibly get offered. I think that's a big hangup. Even if you have rules if you start recruiting from the jump you can easily land a good amount of decent talent. This way you have to fight for them and truly make the most of what's given to you. I recommend and what I plan to do is in the preseason and first six weeks is to only scout possible targets. What I'll do is add a set number of guys from the top 10, scout, jot down info and remove that way I don't get any points from having them on my board. Only plan to scout up to 50% to maintain some mystery. Then once week 7 comes add my guys based on that. You can go really deep here and scout all options at a position, legit make a real-life board with pen and paper and figure alternatives if X is gone by the time you start recruiting. No more having the pick of the litter. My final suggestion would be to keep scouting at level 1 (25%) and do as follow. Note you can only stray from the top 10 if there is NOBODY at a position of need. Must recruit from the top 10 if all possible.

TOP 10 and HOME STATE- 50% scouting
PIPELINE & BORDER STATES- 25%
NATIONALLY- NO SCOUTING

No low lock cheese on the highest guys although anybody in state is fair game. Would like to get thoughts and feedback about this method but I really liked what I saw and should provide me with a true grind feel in recruiting I've been looking for. You can adjust as you progress so maybe for 1-2 star top schhool, 3-4 star top 5, 5 star top 10, six star no restrictions.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-07-2020, 05:37 AM   #2
Rookie

frankinho's Arena

Re: Possible Game-Changing Recruiting Find

Definitely sounds interesting and more challenging, might try this out.
FWIW i never scout personally at all, i just depend on the weekly minimum automatic scouting that the game provides which i also think more reflects reality than revealing 100% of all ratings in mid season.
Old 10-07-2020, 03:12 PM   #3
Rookie

Re: Possible Game-Changing Recruiting Find

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankinho
Definitely sounds interesting and more challenging, might try this out.
FWIW i never scout personally at all, i just depend on the weekly minimum automatic scouting that the game provides which i also think more reflects reality than revealing 100% of all ratings in mid season.
You must’ve read my mind lol because I thought about just not putting any into scouting and using the 10% or whatever the default is. Would also make me burn 3 points on lock breaker which I never use to get to more points

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »