Home

My Conference Realignment

This is a discussion on My Conference Realignment within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-25-2020, 03:30 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 5
My Conference Realignment

It’s been a while, but I’m back and playing this again. Such a fun and addictive game!

I’ve used a number of realignments for my dynasties over the years—but I’ve come to enjoy this one the most:

ACC: (North) Clemson, North Carolina, NC State, South Carolina, Virginia, Virginia Tech (South) Duke, Florida State, Miami, UCF, USF, Wake Forest

American: (North) Army, Cincinnati, Marshall, Navy, Rutgers, Temple (South) East Carolina, Louisville, Memphis, Old Dominion, Southern Miss, UAB

Big Ten: (East) Boston College, Indiana, Penn State, Maryland, Pittsburgh, Purdue, Syracuse, West Virginia (West) Illinois, Iowa, Michigan, Michigan State, Minnesota, Northwestern, Ohio State, Wisconsin

Big XII: (North) Kansas, Kansas State, Iowa State, Nebraska, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State (South) Arkansas, Colorado, Missouri, Texas, Texas A&M, Texas Tech

C-USA: (East) Baylor, Houston, Louisiana, Louisiana Monroe, Louisiana Tech, Rice (West) North Texas, SMU, TCU, Texas State, Tulsa, UTSA

Independent: Notre Dame

MAC: (East) Akron, Bowling Green, Buffalo, Kent State, Miami (OH), Ohio (West) Ball State, Central Michigan, Eastern Michigan, Northern Illinois, Toledo, Western Michigan

MWC: (Mountain) Air Force, Colorado State, Hawaii, New Mexico, Utah State, UTEP, Wyoming (West) Boise State, Fresno State, Nevada, San Diego State, San Jose State, UNLV

PAC: (North) California, Oregon, Oregon State, Stanford, Washington, Washington State (South) Arizona, Arizona State, BYU, UCLA, USC, Utah

SEC: (East) Florida, Georgia, Georgia Tech, Kentucky, Tennessee, Vanderbilt (West) Alabama, Auburn, LSU, Mississippi State, Ole Miss, Tulane

SUN: (Cotton) Appalachian State, Arkansas State, Charlotte, Coastal Carolina, Middle Tennessee, Western Kentucky (Sunshine) FAU, FIU, Georgia Southern, Georgia State, South Alabama, Troy

ACC—moved in South Carolina (who used to be in the ACC) which gives an in-conference rivalry game for Clemson. UCF and USF have the facilities and recruiting base to keep pace. Plus it gives FSU and Miami some quality in-state games. American—Teams from New York, New Jersey, Maryland, Pennsylvania, Ohio, and West Virginia in the North. While the South has teams from Virginia, North Carolina, Kentucky, Tennessee, Alabama, and Mississippi. Cincinnati and Louisville in opposite brackets. Big Ten—traditional teams, with the Michigan and Ohio State on the same side. Basically the East is what Joe Paterno envisioned for an Eastern Conference in 1981. Also Maryland is a better fit here rather than the ACC with more in-conference rivalry games. Big XII—Old Big 8 and Southwest Conferences. Arkansas, like, Maryland is a better fit than in the SEC. Colorado as well, with traditional cross-over rivalry vs Nebraska. C-USA—A solid conference of lone star state universities, as well as Oklahoma and Louisiana. A good geographical mix as well as preserving a number of in-conference rivalries. Independent: I like keeping Notre Dame as the only Indy team in the nation. MAC—No changes here. MWC—the Mountain Side contains most of the traditional teams from old conferences, while Boise is added to the West for balance, also they keep more rivalry games intact. PAC—Two teams per state, save CA which as 4. BYU is a better fit than Colorado. They regain their in-conference rivalry against Utah and they rekindle an old WAC rivalry against Arizona State. SEC—Georgia Tech and Tulane were both in the SEC and now they return. Tulane adds an in-conference rivalry for LSU and is the cross-over game for Vanderbilt—the two private universities in the conference. Georgia vs Georgia Tech becomes an in-conference rivalry game. SUN—Along with the MAC, this is the weakest conference in FBS, but it’s aligned very well. Teams from the states of AL, FL, & GA make up one division, while the other is spread across teams from the south—with many rivalry games in place.

Last edited by vgunn; 12-01-2020 at 01:54 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-30-2020, 04:51 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: My Conference Realignment

Well done. That's very similar to how I do it.
Old 12-01-2020, 01:55 AM   #3
MVP

OVR: 5
Re: My Conference Realignment

Quote:
Originally Posted by WoolyGuy
Well done. That's very similar to how I do it.
Thanks! It works very well.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »