Home

Least Annoying/Time Consuming Recruiting?

This is a discussion on Least Annoying/Time Consuming Recruiting? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-27-2020, 01:31 PM   #1
Rookie

diamok's Arena

OVR: 0
Least Annoying/Time Consuming Recruiting?

Hey all,

Pretty much as the title states, looking for whichever version of the game is the least boring, time consuming and doesn't require me rummaging through multiple menus/screens to send a scholarship, invite or anything to a potential recruit.

In depth "realism" is nice and all, but having to place countless points into some dumb rudimentary meaningless system over and over for each recruit just kills and ruins the fun of recruiting for me.

And I get this is subjective, we all enjoy different things. Just give me your opinion on the version you think I would be into.

Cheers all and be safe,
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-27-2020, 03:55 PM   #2
Rookie

frankinho's Arena

Re: Least Annoying/Time Consuming Recruiting?

Have you tried setting assisted recruiting to ON and thus the AI is doing the recruiting for you? All versions of NCAA have this.
Old 11-27-2020, 04:07 PM   #3
Rookie

diamok's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankinho
Have you tried setting assisted recruiting to ON and thus the AI is doing the recruiting for you? All versions of NCAA have this.
It's not that I don't want to do the recruiting myself, it's that I know some versions have more streamlined or stripped down recruiting then others, but have no clue which ones are like that.

I am looking for a version of this nature...not as I said, menu after menu then assigning this point into that slot, then that point into this slot, then another menu and do it all over again, then the next recruit and so on and so on. I don't want to spend 10 hours assigning points for recruiting and only 30 minutes playing a game...that's not fun to me.

Thanks for suggestion,
Old 11-27-2020, 04:29 PM   #4
Rookie

frankinho's Arena

makes sence, 11 & 13 had the call system which in my opinion was better and more immersive than the 14's point system. On the flip side that system was even more time consuming if recruiting was not your thing - however you can still streamline it by automating the call with a "Quick Call" essentially automating the topics for you and it takes you only a couple of minutes per week to do that.
Old 11-27-2020, 04:39 PM   #5
Rookie

diamok's Arena

11 and 13...okay, I'll check em out, thanks.

Anyone else?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-27-2020, 04:59 PM   #6
Rookie

frankinho's Arena

sorry i meant to say 11-13. You can try it on RPCS3 on PC probably cheapest way to try before you buy a real PS3 disk
Old 11-27-2020, 05:01 PM   #7
Rookie

diamok's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankinho
sorry i meant to say 11-13. You can try it on RPCS3 on PC probably cheapest way to try before you buy a real PS3 disk
Okay nice, thanks
Old 12-01-2020, 08:31 AM   #8
Rookie

OBinKC's Arena

‘14 is actually the most streamlined recruiting system of the last several versions. If you haven’t experienced the phone call system of ‘11-‘13, that’s even more time consuming. But it’s different and maybe a change of scenery would be what you need.

I know in ‘06, all of the actual in-depth recruiting was done in the offseason and in-season recruiting was super streamlined, so there’s that. If you have the time, I would check out ‘06, and one of the ‘11 thru ‘13 games and find your match.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »