Home

Geographic Conference Realignment

This is a discussion on Geographic Conference Realignment within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-19-2014, 04:50 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Geographic Conference Realignment

After a painstaking process, I have the Almost Final Draft of my geographic conference alignment. However, before making the moves and firing up the dynasty, I thought it would be beneficial to get some feedback from the OS community, which has provided me with some great information and insight regarding the NCAA series throughout the years.

Below, are my conference alignments. If anyone has feedback or suggestions on the alignment, I will be happy to hear it.

Spoiler

To give you an idea of how the conferences were formed, this was my general criteria:

1. I want to design the conferences based on geographical and cultural similarities.

2. No teambuilder substitutes, as I want to be able to use the Dynasty Editor to change rivals, bowl bids, etc.

3. Tried to avoid 11, 13, and 15 team conferences so that certain rivalry games are gauranteed to be played each year.

3. Hawai'i, being off the mainland, is designated as the lone independent team.

4. I want to keep each team from each state together in the same division of the same conference, unless there is a strong geographic/conference balance/rivalry-related reason not to do so. (e.g., because Notre Dame is close to Lake Michigan, rivals with Michigan and MSU, and the conference needed balance, it is in the Great Lakes Division)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-19-2014, 11:31 PM   #2
Pro

Squeezee12's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: Geographic Conference Realignment

I like it. I've done conferences similar to this. Thought I haven't mixed the big schools with the smaller schools. If be curious to how this turns out. I know the first few years the big schools would dominate but not sure how the competition would turn out years down the road. Once you start and advance in your dynasty I'd like to see updates to how it's going.

Old 02-19-2014, 11:49 PM   #3
Living the Dream

SugaRicky's Arena

OVR: 0

sign me up!
Old 02-20-2014, 12:06 AM   #4
Rookie

WKUTopper9's Arena

OVR: 2

Did something similar last year. Made every conference with 11 teams so there would be true conference champions/round-robin conference schedule. The parity was amazing
Old 02-20-2014, 12:24 AM   #5
Pro

OVR: 4

I would consider moving Kentucky and Tennessee teams in with the Carolina's and then the Virginia's and Maryland in with Ohio.

Mid-Atlantic: - 14
ECU, Duke, UNC, NC State, Wake, Clemson, South Carolina – Carolina’s
Kentucky, Louisville, Memphis, Tennessee, WKU, Vandy, Middle Tennessee State – Rocky Mountains

Ohio Valley - 15
Akron, Bowling Green, Kent State, Miami, Ohio, Ohio State, Toledo, Cinci - Ohio
Maryland, Navy, Virginia, Virginia Tech, Old Dominion, Marshall, West Virginia – Appalachia

Mid-West goes to 14 teams, slide Notre Dame into the Midwest tier

Southern –
Lose Memphis add Missouri

Great Plains – down to 8 after losing Missouri
Florida Upland – 7 florida teams, and 3 Georgia teams = 10 team league

The only issue then is 15 teams in the Ohio's and the Virginia's/Maryland. Either way it's a really cool idea. I've done something really similar, but included the Maryland squads in with the Northeast conferences.

It's a cool thing though that you got going here. I haven't taken the time to do one this year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-20-2014, 06:57 AM   #6
Banned

After a painstaking process,
Old 02-20-2014, 07:08 AM   #7
Banned

After a painstaking process,
Old 02-20-2014, 10:09 AM   #8
MVP

MrSerendipity's Arena

OVR: 13

Definitely an interesting concept, one I might adopt myself.

Although it's a tad painful to see Oklahoma and Texas no longer in the same Conference. I agree with an above poster. For the first two-four years I'd expect schools like Ohio State and etc. to dominate. But after a few years, those smaller schools like Eastern Michigan and SMU could end up being pretty formidable opponents.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »