Home

EA Sports College Football is Making a Return - Exclusive Developer of Simulation College Football - Here's What We Know So Far...

This is a discussion on EA Sports College Football is Making a Return - Exclusive Developer of Simulation College Football - Here's What We Know So Far... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-03-2021, 10:56 AM   #417
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41
Re: EA Sports College Football is Making a Return - Exclusive Developer of Simulation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junior Moe
Assuming NIL rules change and the game is able to use the real players likenesses as we expect, does anyone expect EA to go deep into creating the real players? I know EA isn't gonna scan guys faces or try to recreate throwing motion like Madden, but does anyone expect like player traits or anything more specific? I kind of expect it to be exactly the same as before just with the names instead of numbers. Now this is an area I hope editing is allowed. I don't care to share but I would like to be able to change to change my QB's throwing style or traits.
I won't be surprised to see the abilities and even traits come over. I'd expect the abilities are more likely to come over than the the traits, but I wouldn't be shocked to see neither brought over either.

I don't expect face scans, even for the star players, but I do expect an attempt will be made for player equipment to be somewhat accurate, especially for the star players. The 3rd string LT for LA Tech may not look completely right and have a generic setup, but I would expect the top prospects to have their gear and everything as accurate as they can get it.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

― Plato
Old 03-03-2021, 07:22 PM   #418
MVP

Junior Moe's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: EA Sports College Football is Making a Return - Exclusive Developer of Simulation

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
I won't be surprised to see the abilities and even traits come over. I'd expect the abilities are more likely to come over than the the traits, but I wouldn't be shocked to see neither brought over either.

I don't expect face scans, even for the star players, but I do expect an attempt will be made for player equipment to be somewhat accurate, especially for the star players. The 3rd string LT for LA Tech may not look completely right and have a generic setup, but I would expect the top prospects to have their gear and everything as accurate as they can get it.

Yeah, that's about what I expect. I wonder how hard it would be for them to implement that game face feature for the real players. Wasnt it essentially just a photo uploaded to a site and transferred ingame?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 03-03-2021, 08:00 PM   #419
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junior Moe
Yeah, that's about what I expect. I wonder how hard it would be for them to implement that game face feature for the real players. Wasnt it essentially just a photo uploaded to a site and transferred ingame?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Operation Sports mobile app
I'd imagine the issue with doing something like that is the amount of space it would take up. Is it worth going through the effort to create a pretty accurate face, but not a legitimate top quality face scan, if doing it for the top prospects adds another 20 gigs to the game size and those players will all be gone in dynasty mode after a couple of seasons?

Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't mind to see accurate faces in the game. I'd also like to see them really put some effort into a more open face creation/editor system that is also able to generate faces so that we are no longer stuck with 80 premade faces. Give us some face gen type of system so that no two recruits ever have the same exact face.

― Plato
Old 03-04-2021, 08:29 PM   #420
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

Even with NIL bill with Group Licensing, I wouldn't expect them to go all out with Player likeness or even ratings. With 100-125+ schools, you're talking near 8000+ players. You're not doing that many. You don't want to single out handful of players, but at same time probably don't want to focus on a few hundred and neglect everyone else. I think the best way to handle player likeness is how they did it before (which got them in trouble lol). Which is having accurate player bio and close enough avatar. Ideally Madden/CFBall has an overhauled player creator/editor. That could be a way for the user to handle the player likeness themselves and save game space. You can get away with only doing handful of notable players ratings. But for the most part, I can see handling it like before.

I would actually prefer the cover athlete to still being a exiting college player. Unless it's an athlete with a Trevor Lawrence/Zion/Tebow type marketability, I think it's better to stick with the old format.
Old 03-31-2021, 04:25 PM   #421
Cleveland Baseball Guru

Funkycorm's Arena

I haven't read through all 50 pages of this but I wanted to chime in.

I really enjoyed ncaa 14 and all the previous versions. I haven't played them since 2018 when my ps3 went downhill. And I never played with any mods or anything like that anyway because I am not a believer in mods for any game.

I have mixed feelings about this returning.

On one hand, I am excited about being able to play in the new playoff format and the possibilities with recruiting.

On the other hand, the game play from 14 was tolerated but something was missing for me. I am concerned with how deep the game will be in terms of dynasty and recruiting. NCAA 14 still had a lot to be desired when it came to some of the depth and could be expanded upon. Also, are we getting present day sports games where the focus will be on ultimate team mode.

I personally could not care less about real players, team builder, or roster share so those missing is no big deal. I could even do without all real teams.

In the end, I am curious about it and may check out info in it from time to time.

Currently Playing:

NBA 2k24 (PS5)
Farming Simulator 22 (PC)
Elden Ring (PS5)

Twitch:

Twitch

Dynasties:

None at the moment
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-22-2021, 03:08 PM   #422
Rookie

PTolbert1's Arena

https://uga.rivals.com/news/uga-part...wMxpqpXqdLzD44

I knew UGA wasn't originally a part of the CLC group that incorporated 100+ schools in a group licensing deal, but I'm curious as to how this all shakes out in terms of schools now partnering up with these groups to help facilitate NIL negotiations for student-athletes. The question now, in my mind, is to what extent and how will EA handle not only licensing with schools, but also the negotiations of NIL usage within the game.

Altius Sports also has LSU, Texas, and South Carolina attached to their group, as well as UGA. While not a lot of schools, these are still relatively bigger name programs that would be integral to user play, if not conference-type gameplay in a dynasty mode situation.

Curious as to any thoughts on how this plays into things.
Old 04-22-2021, 07:04 PM   #423
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by PTolbert1
https://uga.rivals.com/news/uga-part...wMxpqpXqdLzD44

I knew UGA wasn't originally a part of the CLC group that incorporated 100+ schools in a group licensing deal, but I'm curious as to how this all shakes out in terms of schools now partnering up with these groups to help facilitate NIL negotiations for student-athletes. The question now, in my mind, is to what extent and how will EA handle not only licensing with schools, but also the negotiations of NIL usage within the game.

Altius Sports also has LSU, Texas, and South Carolina attached to their group, as well as UGA. While not a lot of schools, these are still relatively bigger name programs that would be integral to user play, if not conference-type gameplay in a dynasty mode situation.

Curious as to any thoughts on how this plays into things.
EA reportedly was trying to get the NCAA to allow them to compensate players and retain eligibility following the O'Bannon ruling but the NCAA wasn't interested.

This time I think EA and the schools will make it happen with or without the NCAA.
Old 04-22-2021, 08:08 PM   #424
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by tessl
EA reportedly was trying to get the NCAA to allow them to compensate players and retain eligibility following the O'Bannon ruling but the NCAA wasn't interested.

This time I think EA and the schools will make it happen with or without the NCAA.
I can see EA not involving much with NCAA unless they want licenses for Bowls. I could see NCAA wanting more say of what goes into game. I could see them not wanting any roster share.

I know by they are waiting for the Alston court decision. They need a national NIL bill that supersedes all the state bills. You can't have all these states with different laws.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20210422_193508.jpg (144.4 KB, 226 views)

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »