Home

Actual expectations for the reboot?

This is a discussion on Actual expectations for the reboot? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-05-2021, 05:54 PM   #9
MVP

Rondo is GOD's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: Actual expectations for the reboot?

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
You literally say the only way to not have EA disappoint you is to make sure you have zero expectations. Then you say you didn't say a single bad word about EA at all. I guess in your edginess you didn't see exactly what you just did.

There's nothing to discuss further. You got your little remark in, I'm replying giving you what you want (I'm the king of getting reactions on OS, so I can see clear as day what you are doing and how you're playing it off), now we can move on with what the thread was actually about.
Yes. I said the only way I've learned to not be disappointed is to not have expectations at all. Why is that so offensive to you? I'm going to take the game for what it is when its eventually released without a list of expectations to check.

I didn't say anything bad about their business or strategy at all? Yet your panties are all tied up. The king of reactions isn't exactly a moniker I would wear proudly but you do you man.
In this case the lasagna restaurant started selling candy to kids and that became the best revenue stream so they’ve let the lasagna get worse and focused on becoming a candy store. The problem is this restaurant bought the rights to make lasagna so if we want lasagna we can only go to this place.

Last edited by Rondo is GOD; 02-05-2021 at 06:04 PM.
Old 02-05-2021, 07:23 PM   #10
MVP

Junior Moe's Arena

OVR: 0

I expect NCAA 14 with generic rosters that cant be edited or shared. I do think we will be able to edit attributes, though. I do expect the teams will still have their real life strengths and weaknesses. Online quick play is huge so people will expect Alabama to be great. Like NCAA Football before it'll have a tweaked Madden engine.

I think Dynasty will be pretty much the same.

I think Ultimate Team will be the same using the NFLPA. I could even see us being able to add our Ultimate Team players to our offline team.

I see Road To Glory becoming full on QB1 with a storyline and all.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 02-05-2021, 10:58 PM   #11
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junior Moe
I expect NCAA 14 with generic rosters that cant be edited or shared. I do think we will be able to edit attributes, though. I do expect the teams will still have their real life strengths and weaknesses. Online quick play is huge so people will expect Alabama to be great. Like NCAA Football before it'll have a tweaked Madden engine.

I think Dynasty will be pretty much the same.

I think Ultimate Team will be the same using the NFLPA. I could even see us being able to add our Ultimate Team players to our offline team.

I see Road To Glory becoming full on QB1 with a storyline and all.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Operation Sports mobile app

This would literally be the absolute worst thing that is imaginable yet still realistic.

I can see them doing all of this except not being able to edit rosters. That’s a bit of a stretch I think and would likely ruin the game for many people.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-06-2021, 05:58 PM   #12
Hall Of Fame

NYJets's Arena

OVR: 26

I expect it to basically be what it was. Gameplay wise similar to Madden but still a different feel. I don't think they'll neglect the dynasty mode like they have for franchise...they know how popular the dynasty mode was and they wouldn't bring this back and not cater to what people have been asking for at least somewhat. I'm not expecting huge improvements to the depth of dynasty mode like we'd really want but I think they'll still be able to capture the fun of recruiting and building a program.
Old 02-06-2021, 06:28 PM   #13
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

Something that occured to me while thinking about Franchise mode being deeper in Madden and of course this applies to Dynasty mode as well, is EA's core mantra of trying to bring new people to a mode.

While I'm definitely generalizing, I think it's true that a large percentage of people who will be playing this game when it comes out will be folks who hate to read.

They better have a 100 different easily identifiable icons to make recruiting and scouting easy for people to help with the depth of the mode because although reading a bunch of text of pitches to recruits or scouting reports may be what we here want, most will not be happy with having to read too many complete sentences. If they can't figure out a good system then there is a ceiling to how deep Dynasty mode will be.

If they just made the mode for the hardcore then it would be fine, but that isn't how they roll.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Old 02-06-2021, 06:29 PM   #14
MVP

mestevo's Arena

OVR: 33

Roughly feature parity with NCAA14.
Old 02-06-2021, 08:32 PM   #15
Rookie

Crazy Packers Fan's Arena

I expect amazing, off-the-chart graphics, a great presentation... and a LOT of bugs. My hope is that things get ironed out after a year or two and the 2023 game becomes a classic.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-06-2021, 10:45 PM   #16
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
What are your honest expectations for EA's release of College Football in the next 2 or 3 years?

This isn't a wish list thread. This is not a thread where you say I expect feature X, but knowing EA they won't have it. That's you setting your own standard and then holding EA to it, not an actual expectation of what EA will do.

My expectations are:
  1. The game will be what it always was before, Madden with a college coat of paint and some gameplay tuning to make it feel more open. It will likely be similar to what we see in Face of the Franchise with the college games on the field + more polish.
  2. The NIL bill will be passed by then and allow group licensing. EA will make a move to have real rosters.
  3. The use of real rosters takes away a huge weight off the shoulders of all parties involved in terms of litigation fears, this leads to the entire FBS being featured in the game by the time it actually releases.
  4. EA will bring over the XP system from Madden and I will hate it.
  5. Dynasty mode won't be too much different than it was in NCAA 14 for better or for worse.
  6. Online Dynasty will feature more than 12 users this time around.
  7. Custom Stadium sounds won't return for year 1.
  8. Ultimate Team will be in regardless of whether we have real rosters or generic rosters. It was in NCAA 14 and it seems the majority of people have forgotten that or never realized it in the first place.
Those are my honest expectations. That's enough in year 1 for me to buy it should I get a console if it doesn't release on PC. I hope that EA proves me wrong and comes out pedal to the metal with their new lease on life and Dynasty mode is completely overhauled and they use NCAA as their way to lay a new foundation for both it and Madden.... but I don't expect that one bit. I think EA is happy with where Madden is and I expect NCAA will just be a "re-skin" like it always was before.

Fortunately, I don't think Madden is as trash on the field as some make it out to be. My issues with it are primarily with the franchise mode. I desperately hope they don't neglect Dynasty like they have Franchise to this point. I personally don't see how they don't have the Dynasty mode match what we had in 14 at the least, but I guess only time will tell.

What are your actual expectations for the next release of EA's College Football?
Dynasty was fantastic and there is a lot of room to add features to it.

What do I expect? Dynasty and coach mode. I'd like to see a return of teambuilder which was in line for improvements for NCAA 15 until the company shut everything down. It seems logical there will be significant additions given the amount of time they are taking unless they have a tiny group of developers working on it. It doesn't take a year to port a game from ps3 to ps4.

Last edited by tessl; 02-06-2021 at 10:48 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »