Home

EA Sports College Football FAQ: Here's What to Know So Far

This is a discussion on EA Sports College Football FAQ: Here's What to Know So Far within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-09-2021, 09:21 AM   #9
Banned

OVR: 0
Without a deep, fun Dynasty mode, this game will fail.

The people who enjoyed the NCAA games never bought into the Ultimate Team garbage, and are not likely to start now.
Old 02-09-2021, 10:25 AM   #10
Rookie

it's annoying these big companies are not fighting back hard enough to get sports gaming back to where it used to be,
a damn shame 2k is not fighting to get a football game,an nhl game and an mlb game out to market.*
with the release of new systems we are stuck to bare bones and no competition .
it's a crying shame EA flexing muscle as the biggest developer and publisher just laydown and throw white flags.
they still try to make an nhl product but left boxing in the dust. they just gave up on making live, and market the life out of their garbage football game when is them started the licensing war that lead to the sports gaming market to what it is now.
competing would have had better results than using* a cop out cheat.
right now our ps5 should be bringing heavy joy to our sports gamers hands with
nfl2k vs madden , nhl2k vs ea's nhl , topspin 2k vs ea's new tennis offering, 2k golf vs ea golf
fifa vs pes, mbl2k vs mvp,* ncaa sports versions of all to promote legacy play
and first party offerings adding their games in.
but no instead we get this crying shame of a drying well.
its such a shame to be a sports gamer in these times. smh*
Old 02-09-2021, 11:51 AM   #11
Rookie

"Herbstreit’s comments about Ed O’Bannon*have aged even worse*with time, " - I don't see it that way. O'Bannon's lawsuit did ruin the game for users for 7 years and counting, and led to mere peanuts being paid out to players. Most of whom have stated it wasn't worth it to completely shut down the game series.*
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-09-2021, 11:55 AM   #12
Rookie

As for not having real rosters, I'm ok with this. As a Dynasty-user solely, I'm accustomed to player's names and attributes being generated anyway. The majority of my playing time with this series has been with non-existent players anyways, and that fact has not diminished my enjoyment of the game. Hell, we were ALL playing the game without real-life players being identified, and had been for 20 years.*
Old 02-09-2021, 12:01 PM   #13
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41
Re: EA Sports College Football FAQ: Here's What to Know So Far

O'Bannon gets all of the blame thrown his way, despite it not really being his fault. The NCAA and EA deserve the blame. Had they gone about things differently, the series never hits a hiatus.

Everyone knew the rosters were based on real life and that that had a huge potential to lead to litigation issues. They went on with it anyways.

EA wanted to pay the players for real rosters, but the NCAA forbid it. This led to the game using real player likeness, but with no compensation leading to where we are now.

All EA had to do was use generic rosters. The series never shuts down if they do that.

All the NCAA had to do was have a NIL bill passed ages ago and the series likely never shuts down and we would have real rosters each year.

Instead, the NCAA remained in their ways and EA kept toeing the line despite anybody who took a law class knew it would be a slam dunk case if they ever pursued it.

O'Bannon did cause the issue, he only shed the light on it. Now we're likely months away from a NIL bill that may allow real players in the game with their names and all, and we are only a couple of years from the series returning. O'Bannon likely will receive no credit for that, but he probably should.

He lit a match that jumpstarted a lot of this.

― Plato
Old 02-09-2021, 01:37 PM   #14
Rookie

So basically,* they are going back to the format of Bill Walsh College Football. Just make sure there is a Dynasty mode included and it will be fine.*
Old 02-09-2021, 01:41 PM   #15
Rookie

I have 2 friends that played college ball for D-1 teams. All they wanted was a free copy of the game and some Paraphernalia to show. They were told that would be profiteering and could not be accommodated. That was wrong!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-09-2021, 04:34 PM   #16
MVP

cch99's Arena

OVR: 9
I can't see them making this an every year release.* My guess is the hope is with this far enough out they can pay a player's union or do something to get real rosters.**

Otherwise there just isn't enough change in these games year to year for a whole new game every year with fake names.* The first year sure.* It will probably do really well since it hasn't been around in a while but after that I could see a big drop off with fake names and no roster editing.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »