Home

On the losing end of Greatest Games.

This is a discussion on On the losing end of Greatest Games. within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-04-2004, 10:39 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Exclamation On the losing end of Greatest Games.

Hello people I made this post for those who have been accredited one of the greatest games titles but were on the losing end.. For those who take losing and don't frantically run to the game and turn it off.. My fellow losers this is your home tell everyone your story..
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-05-2004, 11:59 AM   #2
Pro

Dauminator's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: On the losing end of Greatest Games.

My most painful losing greatest game was in my first year with Florida. I was 10-2, winning the SEC title game over Auburn and going to the Sugar Bowl against Virginia. I built a 28-7 lead going into halftime and apparantly never left the locker room. UVA scored a TD then scored again, converting the two pointer to make the score 28-22. They then scored again to take the lead then added a field goal to lead 32-28. I was able to get a field goal myself to pull within one. I got the ball again under two minutes, but I couldn't complete any passes. On fourth and ten I finally hit my guy. He's hit right at the yellow line. I thought he had made it, but the game said I was just short and I turned it over on downs.

Good thing about that game is it didn't give it a very high score (even though it deserved a high score, I thought) and it has since fallen off the list.
Old 10-05-2004, 02:19 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 2
Cool Re: On the losing end of Greatest Games.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dauminator
My most painful losing greatest game was in my first year with Florida. I was 10-2, winning the SEC title game over Auburn and going to the Sugar Bowl against Virginia. I built a 28-7 lead going into halftime and apparantly never left the locker room. UVA scored a TD then scored again, converting the two pointer to make the score 28-22. They then scored again to take the lead then added a field goal to lead 32-28. I was able to get a field goal myself to pull within one. I got the ball again under two minutes, but I couldn't complete any passes. On fourth and ten I finally hit my guy. He's hit right at the yellow line. I thought he had made it, but the game said I was just short and I turned it over on downs.

Good thing about that game is it didn't give it a very high score (even though it deserved a high score, I thought) and it has since fallen off the list.

Last night I lost in the Fiesta Bowl against Oklahoma with my created team to cap my second dynasty season. I was mixing my defense up and seemed to be staying with them at halftime with the score 6-6. Both teams had 1st and goal opportunities during the half and both defenses stiffened to force FG's. I got a false start on the 1 1/2 yrd line on 3rd down running a QB sneak that would have scored the half's only TD. Real bummer....well the second half was more of the same. The third Qtr there were several series for both teams that ended in punts and a missed 53 yrd FG by OK. In the early 4th qtr. an oklahoma WR caught a slant (broke not 1 but 2 tackles) and took it to the house with 7 minutes left in the game to go up 13-6. I got the ball back and tried to run the HB screen to trump the intense blitz of the Sooners. Well one of the DL jumped and tipped the ball into the air into the Safety's hands and he scampered off to the endzone. Now I was down two scores and hadn't scored all game to this point. I went into hurry up shotgun (panic mode) and had two 4th down conversions to finally score with a little over 1:40 left. I kicked the ball deep because I had all 3 Timeouts left. Oklahoma tried to lineup in Goalline and run the ball - I forced a three and out and got the punt on my 37 yrd line with 1:26 left. Still in panic mode and no timeouts I methodically move the ball past the 50. I get tackled in bounds on a tough 3rd down conversion and have to call the same play again because time was running out. I threw the ball to a WIDE OPEN guy running a fly pattern down the right sideline and he dropped in on the 2 yrd line on what would have tied the game. On fourth down I had to run the hail mary and never got the pass off because my right gaurd gave the DT the infamous "Ole' Block" and the DT came clean through the line and I had no time to throw the ball let alone have my guys get even a sniff of the endzone. Sack to end the game....major bummer. I would have tied the game on the drop ball but didn't? For some reason with created teams they don't keep track of greatest games but this one would have ranked right up there with the intense defensive effort by both teams and the big plays that it ended on.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »