Home

This would be the ULTIMATE slider option-

This is a discussion on This would be the ULTIMATE slider option- within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-05-2004, 08:05 AM   #1
Pro

OVR: 6
This would be the ULTIMATE slider option-

I think it would be great if we had the option of choosing different levels of the game for different aspects of game play. Right now everyone can customize the game to some extent by choosing their general level (varsity-all american etc.) and then making slider adjustments. However, even so -there are times it woudl be nice to combine the levels-e.g. have some parts of the game on All american-some on varisty etc. For example--I pretty much suck as a player -so I play on Varsity. However, I would like to bump the CPU's running game up to All American-while still keeping its passing at Varsity. Other players mike like to play on Heisman--but if they have trouble passing -keep their passing(but perhaps NOT their running) ability at All American level. If we had this sort of option you could really customize the game in a way that isn't possibel with sliders alone.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-05-2004, 08:59 AM   #2
Pro

OVR: 7
Re: This would be the ULTIMATE slider option-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizzoutiger
I think it would be great if we had the option of choosing different levels of the game for different aspects of game play. Right now everyone can customize the game to some extent by choosing their general level (varsity-all american etc.) and then making slider adjustments. However, even so -there are times it woudl be nice to combine the levels-e.g. have some parts of the game on All american-some on varisty etc. For example--I pretty much suck as a player -so I play on Varsity. However, I would like to bump the CPU's running game up to All American-while still keeping its passing at Varsity. Other players mike like to play on Heisman--but if they have trouble passing -keep their passing(but perhaps NOT their running) ability at All American level. If we had this sort of option you could really customize the game in a way that isn't possibel with sliders alone.
That's a fantastic idea! I hear the CPU play calling is the same way..

I also think this would be a fantastic idea to implement into Madden.. this year, I simply can't play Madden 2005 on All-Pro, though I think it would be okay for some aspects of the game to be on All-Pro
Old 10-05-2004, 09:03 AM   #3
Rookie

Volman's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
this is a great ideal you need to forward this to ea.
Old 10-05-2004, 09:14 PM   #4
MVP

Jwally's Arena

OVR: 8

I agree with everyone else, this is a great idea. There's some things I want to put on Heisman like the computers offense, and I would put the computers defense on All-American.

E-mail this to EA and see what they say
Cincinnati Bearcats

Old 10-06-2004, 09:47 AM   #5
Pro

OVR: 6

Glad you like the idea guys. I do think it would give us a new level of customization to the game. Anyone know what address to email this to?

Thanks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-12-2004, 10:37 AM   #6
D*st*ny

HiJumpr111's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
I would like to bump the CPU's running game up to All American-while still keeping its passing at Varsity.
You and I are SO much alike in this area. I feel like I can stop the run on vitually the highest setting available but then have things handed to me when the CPU goes to the air on even a modest setting. Slider adjustments simply don't fix the problems I have.
I feel like my defensive playcalling improves each game, so I know I am making strides in that area. But it still gets a little frustrating.

I envy those who can play at the All-Heisman level and have success.
They are clearly players who #1) are great with the joystick and #2) (perhaps more importantly) really KNOW the game of football.
Old 10-12-2004, 12:51 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 1

Excellent idea for 2006. What would the list be? My suggestions --

CPU playcalling
CPU running
CPU passing
CPU run defense
CPU pass defense
CPU special teams (kicking)
CPU special teams (returning)

Human running
Human passing
Human run defense
Human pass defense
Human special teams (kicking)
Human special teams (returning)

How would this interact with the current sliders? Not sure yet, perhaps in the same way they do now, but with a little more granularity.
Old 10-12-2004, 02:19 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 3

I'd be happy if they did the sliders the same as ESPN NFL 2k5.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »