Home

anyone experienced a "recruiting pipeline"?

This is a discussion on anyone experienced a "recruiting pipeline"? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-12-2004, 06:55 PM   #9
Itsy Bitsy Spider

kodiak's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: anyone experienced a "recruiting pipeline"?

Well the more recruits you get from a certain state, the more that become interested in you later on down the road. It also holds true for when you leave one school for another. That state will still show interest. But they will not always bite on coach prestige when you leave a school. This is why they have the # total of players from each state when you scroll on the map. It has also been rumored but not confirmed( I am only in year 3) that once you establish a strong link to a state, a icon will appear on that state
Old 10-18-2004, 12:20 AM   #10
Pro

agte's Arena

OVR: 11

maybe it's just my game, but i've noticed that about every team in the country has a player from adamsville, alabama...
Old 10-22-2004, 12:24 PM   #11
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by agte
maybe it's just my game, but i've noticed that about every team in the country has a player from adamsville, alabama...
Those seem to typically be the sorry walk-ons with a 48 or so rating that don't walk on to your school until you get to the Cut Players step because you didn't fill a team need. I guess the developers neglected to randomize a hometown for those guys.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-22-2004, 12:29 PM   #12
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kredit
^Hmm, that's VERY interesting..^

Could just be a coincidence, but hopefully it's part of a pipeline.
If I wasn't convinced before there was a pipeline in this game, I am convinced now.

I counted how many players were from Alabama on the West Virginia squad, and I counted 19 players out of 70. (and none of them are the Adamsville AL players described in agte's post)

I only wish it cost a little bit less recruiting points if you have a pipeline like that on, unless I just haven't experienced it enough yet. I am getting more WA players than anything, but that's the only state close to Alaska relatively speaking. And it still costs the same as it always has.
Old 10-22-2004, 12:48 PM   #13
All Star

TarHeelPhenom's Arena

OVR: 10

Well, while coaching Arizona there was a lot of interest from recruits in the state of Texas each year. I think that may have been my pipeline because half of my team was made up of Texans and Californians.
Old 10-22-2004, 02:08 PM   #14
Banned

SoldierSooner's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlayaHataSupreme
Those seem to typically be the sorry walk-ons with a 48 or so rating that don't walk on to your school until you get to the Cut Players step because you didn't fill a team need. I guess the developers neglected to randomize a hometown for those guys.
Jason White (95 ovr) and Lance Mitchell (94 ovr) are from "Adamsville, AL" on the game..when Jason is really from Tuttle, OK and Lance is from Cali
Old 11-19-2004, 03:37 PM   #15
Banned

OVR: 0

I think I may have had recruiting pipelines in my dynasty. I started my dynasty with La Tech. I coached there 3 seasons before moving on to Michigan State. I'm in my 2nd season at MSU and I landed around 8 players from Louisianna. 5 of them are from Ruston, LA which is where La Tech plays. I made the front page of Sports Illustrated to because my first game of the season is against La Tech. My career record is 42-8 in 4 seasons.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-20-2004, 07:26 PM   #16
Rookie

dbly32's Arena

OVR: 6

The Adamsville, Alabama thing isn't random. When you go to create a player/prospect, you get to choose what city and state the player is from. Alphabetically, the first state listed is Alabama and the first city listed is Adamsville. If you go to the historic rosters, all players are from Adamsville.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »