Home

anyone experienced a "recruiting pipeline"?

This is a discussion on anyone experienced a "recruiting pipeline"? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-07-2004, 10:42 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
anyone experienced a "recruiting pipeline"?

nt
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-07-2004, 10:52 AM   #2
Drive for 5

Lonestar210's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: anyone experienced a "recruiting pipeline"?

What is a Recruiting Pipeline?
Old 10-07-2004, 03:57 PM   #3
Fear Ameer

skitch's Arena

OVR: 32

Isn't it where -

You recruit a number of people from a specific region, and after awhile, prospects from that area are automatically interested in your school?

Or something like that. .
Old 10-07-2004, 06:12 PM   #4
All Star

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kredit
Isn't it where -

You recruit a number of people from a specific region, and after awhile, prospects from that area are automatically interested in your school?

Or something like that. .
More or less, i tried for a couple years when i was Nebraska and basically i just went after texas players and it never seemed to work.
Old 10-07-2004, 08:56 PM   #5
Drive for 5

Lonestar210's Arena

OVR: 8

I have a dynasty with Missippi and I am always competing with Miss St. and So Miss for recruits. I try not to got too far out of state, so I was unintentionally starting a recruiting pipeline but I haven't noticed if it's working.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-08-2004, 11:59 AM   #6
W*nn*b* *S St*ff

x94blair33's Arena

OVR: 3

I don't know if it works or not, but I intentionally schedule out of conference games with fairly respectable schools in different regions of the country with the theory that it would help recruiting there. Does it do anything? Probably not...although it would be cool if the engine was that sophisticated. :-)

Nick

I've been using Miss. St. They're one of my favorite schools to use because they're "decent" but they struggle because the SEC is such a tough conference. It's a challenge to build them up since I usually sim and lose a decent amount. During year 2 of my latest dynasty I tried to get over by shortchanging discipline and now I'm down 10 scholorships for 2 years...stupid student athletes!
Old 10-12-2004, 11:47 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by x94blair33
I don't know if it works or not, but I intentionally schedule out of conference games with fairly respectable schools in different regions of the country with the theory that it would help recruiting there. Does it do anything? Probably not...although it would be cool if the engine was that sophisticated. :-)

Nick

I've been using Miss. St. They're one of my favorite schools to use because they're "decent" but they struggle because the SEC is such a tough conference. It's a challenge to build them up since I usually sim and lose a decent amount. During year 2 of my latest dynasty I tried to get over by shortchanging discipline and now I'm down 10 scholorships for 2 years...stupid student athletes!
For some reason, all the VA schools (UVA, WVU, VT) are always in the top 15 in my franchise, and I noticed on ESPN.com that many of the WVU players are from Alabama. I saw the recruiting results for the virtual West Virginia and noticed 2 of their top 3 players were from Alabama......
Old 10-12-2004, 02:55 PM   #8
Fear Ameer

skitch's Arena

OVR: 32

^Hmm, that's VERY interesting..^

Could just be a coincidence, but hopefully it's part of a pipeline.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »