Home

Bowl Endzones in 2005

This is a discussion on Bowl Endzones in 2005 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-16-2004, 12:15 PM   #1
I'm not on InstantFace.

Cardot's Arena

OVR: 22
Bowl Endzones in 2005

I am a big fan of the series, but for whatever reason, I didn't feel the need to upgrade to 2005. However, I am curious if they have made any improvements to the end zones in the Bowl games. The franchise handles atmosphere and the little details so well, but this seems to be one they don't bother with. In the versions I have of the game, if you make a bowl game, they copy the endzone from your home stadium. It isn't really noticible unless you are playing with a team like Notre Dame that has the simple slashes in the endzone, or a team that has blank endzones. If there is anyone out there that appreciates trivial details like me, I would appreciate any observations in 2005.

Along the same lines, have they enhanced the Rose Bowl appearance at all? To me, one of the distinguishing things about the Real Rose Bowl, is the pageantry and color. Those folks in Pasendena sure don't get stingy with the paint. Even the sidelines are heavily decorated with the colors of the teams involved. In the EA Rose Bowl, the field looks pretty much like any other, and the midfield logo is about 1/3 the size it should be. Just curious if it is any different in 2005.

Thanks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-16-2004, 12:44 PM   #2
MVP

dbeth's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Bowl Endzones in 2005

no difference between 2004 and 2005 in this respect...sorry.

Go Badgers!
Old 10-17-2004, 02:38 PM   #3
I'm not on InstantFace.

Cardot's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: Bowl Endzones in 2005

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbeth
no difference between 2004 and 2005 in this respect...sorry.
Not a huge deal, but I still find it somewhat surprising. The game captures so many of the details and nuances of different college football venues, yet the neglect they Grand Daddy of them All. Oh well, maybe next year.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »