Home

What do you want from recruiting in the upcoming game?

This is a discussion on What do you want from recruiting in the upcoming game? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-12-2022, 03:12 PM   #25
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45
Re: What do you want from recruiting in the upcoming game?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tessl
The problem is the NCAA is being overrun by state legislatures. Schools aren't supposed to be directly involved in giving athletes NIL money but they have oversight to ensure the athletes are in compliance. The whole thing is a big mess.

EA might just have to make up their own rules but I suspect NIL will be in the game in some form. I don't like it because it turns college sports into semi-pro but it's reality and is here to stay.
The NCAA created this problem by asking Congress to solve their problems instead of reading the room and changing with the times on their own. Without getting too off-topic or too political, I hope we can agree that over the past three years there have been much more important issues to worry about on Capitol Hill than the fate of college football.

It is indeed a big mess, but it's the NCAA's own mess. And you're correct that this is the new reality of college athletics.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-17-2022, 11:40 AM   #26
MVP

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
The NCAA created this problem by asking Congress to solve their problems instead of reading the room and changing with the times on their own. Without getting too off-topic or too political, I hope we can agree that over the past three years there have been much more important issues to worry about on Capitol Hill than the fate of college football.

It is indeed a big mess, but it's the NCAA's own mess. And you're correct that this is the new reality of college athletics.
That has always been true. The reason sports exist is to provide an outlet for people to get away from the problems and be entertained.

I have little respect for the NCAA but less in politicians.
Old 05-19-2022, 01:00 PM   #27
Rookie

Dblock1111's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe

2 - I would like to see Tiburon represent the impact of NIL on college football recruiting in a meaningful way. I admit I have literally zero idea what this looks like in the form of a video game, but a college football dynasty mode without any presence of NIL in 2023 would be a spurious representation of how college football team rosters are assembled. Since the NCAA is not involved with the game at all, maybe Tiburon has a chance to exercise some more creative freedom here.

I feel like this would have to be represented as something like, spending recruiting points or budget on "Booster Relations" that can increase a bonus % or give you a special option or "pitch" to use in recruiting.

Starting as a new coach it would mean you have to take time away from actually recruiting in order to have it payoff in future seasons? Maybe the higher your booster relation score the more uses you get? Signifying having more NIL money or opportunities to spread around to recruits?

Those are my quick thoughts on how I could see it being gamified
Old 05-19-2022, 11:48 PM   #28
Get off my lawn

JHamilton9's Arena

OVR: 0

My expectations from NIL being worked into the game: a recruiting grade from A+ to D+, much like Television Exposure, Athletic Facilities, Playing Time, etc. It's not at all what I'm hoping for, but it's just what I'm expecting.

As for recruiting, I'd love to have a full staff (10 assistants) with each having grades for recruiting, player development, and game planning. Their recruiting grades would gradually improve with each player signed or slightly fall with each recruit signing with a different school. I'd love to be able to assign regions or states to each assistant and let them develop the pipelines.

Also with a deep coaching carousel, if your coordinator accepts a head coaching position, that coach could sway the recruits he's built a relationship with away from your school. Or if you hired a new offensive line coach, and he has a great pipeline into the state of Georgia. He immediately becomes an asset to getting recruits to commit from there.

Also, if your linebacker coach is a great developer and a so-so recruiter, you could have your secondary coach partner with him because the secondary coach is a great recruiter in Texas, where that 4-star linebacker (who will anchor your defense) lives.

The recruiting aspect is just a part of much deeper mode into staff management, which I would love and which would cause me to quit my job and play this game all the time and drive myself into poverty.
Old 06-03-2022, 10:43 PM   #29
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

For I just don't want it to be as streamlined as NCAA 14 was. That made recruiting very boring. I see a lot of good ideas here, but I also don't see something very in-depth. Where for me, at the very least, go back to NCAA 13 and before and add more elements to recruiting. I also want the ability to edit recruits or at least have the option to toggle the quality of recruits. Too many recruits in NCAA 14 felt the same.

I do want to a bigger Transfer Portal presence. I don't see a good way to incorporate NIL. But, adding a recruiting element to the transfer portal would do well. Along with a morale system that is based on stats, playing time, and team.
Old 06-04-2022, 04:19 PM   #30
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

The transfer portal definitely needs to be a major thing in the game. NIL, I actually would be okay with it not being represented. I know important it is in real life right now, but I don't see a great approach to go with in the game and I think it is one thing you could get away with excluding at first.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

― Plato
Old 06-04-2022, 06:07 PM   #31
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
The transfer portal definitely needs to be a major thing in the game. NIL, I actually would be okay with it not being represented. I know important it is in real life right now, but I don't see a great approach to go with in the game and I think it is one thing you could get away with excluding at first.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
NIL should be left out in general because like we said it's a Slippery slope and don't see a good way to incorporate it

The Transfer Portal presence should be a big factor as it is now. Probably needs a morale system and tie in recruiting pitches into it. That'll be another thing you'll have to keep in the back of your mind to keep stars happy. Imagine finding a gem as a mid-tier school and him leaving Junior or Senior year because he wants to go to a contender or wants to raise draft stock. Or you being a 5 star school and the backup QB you plan on starting next year transfers because he's uncertain he'll start. A good way to make it reward or punish you is that if fulfill or fail the promise you got the player to stay, it'll affect future transfers. So if you fulfill a promise to keep a player, it'll help boost chance to keep future transfers.

Also I want to see Decommits and flucating player rankings. Maybe a player starts out as a 3 star recruit, then by mid to late season he becomes a 4 star recruit. Which could possibly lead to him decommitting if more top schools become interested. Or Decommittting if you sign another top recruit if they don't like to compete.

Last edited by illwill10; 06-04-2022 at 10:35 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-04-2022, 10:43 PM   #32
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

I believe a morale system, even if rather simple being based off of wins/loss and personal production, would be a great way to handle the transfers. Of course, you also can have the surprise transfer pop up as well.

I think decommits have to be a thing in the reboot. They have become so prevalent in modern college football and I feel need to be represented. It will be weird if we don't have them once again.

Fluctuating ratings seems like it should be simple. It's absence won't be the end of the world, but that's the type of detail that in 2023 we should expect to be in the game. I would love for recruits to have stats we can view, I'd love to see potentially even see their ratings fluctuate if we can recruit underclassmen. I'd rather see that kind of system that can lead to more natural gems/busts than see the gems/busts system we saw in NCAA 14.
A bust in real life is a highly rated kid that didn't live up to the hype in their career. However, a bust in NCAA 14 was known before you even offered a scholarship.

I really hope they don't recreate that system in the reboot. Have a potential rating that isn't concrete that we can see and is more accurate based off your coaching staff. Then you might recruit a 3 star that you rate as A potential and by their senior year they may be a top prospect. That's how a gem should be handled.

― Plato

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »