Home

did not realize

This is a discussion on did not realize within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-18-2004, 03:38 PM   #1
Rookie

Kaylos's Arena

OVR: 1
did not realize

that you could get an offer to join a different conference. After one good year in the Sun Belt, my Northwestern State Demons were offered a chance to join the SEC in place of Arkansas. Pretty cool.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-18-2004, 09:05 PM   #2
MVP

Meatloaf86's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: did not realize

i simmed a season with Montana, put them into the 1A Independents, and i got offered to switch to the Big 12. i declined due to the fact that i'd have absolutely no chance to win a single conference game with my team. i want to be offered to join the Mountain West or WAC.

its a cool feature thats for sure. first time i've seen it happen during any of my seasons.
Old 10-19-2004, 11:05 AM   #3
Rookie

Kaylos's Arena

OVR: 1

I went ahead and accepted the offer. I knew it would be painful for a little while, but in the long run it would be better.

Well, I managed a 5-6 record, of course only 2-6 in conference. One win came against hapless Vanderbilt who was even worse than I was. But then I shocked #2 South Carolina.

The strength of my team was on Defense, so throughout the season, I kept a coach strategy of conservative offense with an aggresive defense. I tilted preference of run/pass based on the team I was playing. The aggresive defense was in the hope of getting lucky in turnovers and it worked once against an overrated SC. The weird side effect came in the off-season, as the top defensive players in the country all wanted to come to my school at DE, DT, OLB, and CB, all the places I had needs. It was weird, because while my defense did ok statistically, it wasn't a top 25 defense. Needless to say though, I picked some great defensive recruits.
Old 10-19-2004, 11:16 PM   #4
MVP

Meatloaf86's Arena

OVR: 11

i restarted the dynasty last night in hopes of completing the season and playing every game and maybe that will give me a chance at the MWC or WAC. in that season i simmed i did get a bunch of top D recruits. i got three 5* players, DE, OLB, MLB. i can already tell this season i'll be looking for a lot of WRs, a top notch QB, and a solid RB. the one thing that screwed me when i simmed was i didn't punish the people that got of line on my team so i got a 2 year probation, no bowl games, and 10 less recruits each year. that really hurt my team.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »