Home

Welcome to Wrexham Easter Eggs

This is a discussion on Welcome to Wrexham Easter Eggs within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-16-2022, 09:48 PM   #1
Rookie

Balldude777's Arena

OVR: 0
Welcome to Wrexham Easter Eggs

Not sure how many of you have watched “Welcome to Wrexham” but first of all I highly recommend it. So I decided to play a match using Wrexham taking on Stockport (watch the show and you’ll see why) only to have Ryan and Rob join commentary shortly in the opening presentation to quickly talk about the opponent. Not sure if this is for many other or all clubs that you play when using Wrexham but thought it was pretty cool.

I heard that the Ted Lasso team is on the game as well, I need to watch that show next when I get the chance, might have some Easter eggs as well.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-17-2022, 09:04 AM   #2
Rookie

Re: Welcome to Wrexham Easter Eggs

That’s really cool. I actually play as Wrexham because of the show. I’m in my 3rd season. I’ve never heard the commentary so I’m guessing it’s just for that game.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 11-17-2022, 09:08 AM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balldude777
Not sure how many of you have watched “Welcome to Wrexham” but first of all I highly recommend it. So I decided to play a match using Wrexham taking on Stockport (watch the show and you’ll see why) only to have Ryan and Rob join commentary shortly in the opening presentation to quickly talk about the opponent. Not sure if this is for many other or all clubs that you play when using Wrexham but thought it was pretty cool.

I heard that the Ted Lasso team is on the game as well, I need to watch that show next when I get the chance, might have some Easter eggs as well.
That's a great find! I was thinking of swapping Wrexham with Grimsby to do a CM with. Might do that now. Also played a kick off match with AFC Richmond on release day, didnt notice any easter eggs though. There's no other characters from Ted Lasso in the game that I could see with a quick test of a Richmond CM.
Old 07-07-2023, 10:37 AM   #4
MVP

Grinder12000's Arena

OVR: 3

How do you play Wrexham - are they actually in the game?
Old 07-09-2023, 05:00 PM   #5
Cod
MVP

Cod's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grinder12000
How do you play Wrexham - are they actually in the game?
Yes, they're in the game under "Rest of World" I think. Of note, AFC Richmond, from the show Ted Lasso, are also in the game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-10-2023, 03:29 PM   #6
MVP

actionhank's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cod
Yes, they're in the game under "Rest of World" I think. Of note, AFC Richmond, from the show Ted Lasso, are also in the game.
I started a season with AFC Richmond, and it's been a pretty fun challenge, compared to my playing with my usual top-tier favorite teams, like a Bayern.

I started them in the EFL Championship and tried to battle my way back to the Premiere League. Managed to do that in the first season, just barely, squeaking into 2nd place in my last 3 games and holding it to get promoted.

The Premiere League season, halfway through, has definitely been tougher. We're currently in a solid 8th place, trying to climb a few points to just even make the UEFA Europa League, if not better.

Trying to upgrade with some young backups who could develop into stars, and re-signing players, while picking up Pulisic has pushed us right up to the limits of our financing, so we're going to be riding a narrow edge if we start getting hit with the injury bug (Naturally, Pulisic got hurt in his 4th game with the club...out for 3 months).
Old 07-26-2023, 12:04 PM   #7
MVP

Grinder12000's Arena

OVR: 3

I NEVER watched football/soccer before Ted Lasso and Wrexham but am OBSESSED with the sport now!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »