Home

FIFA 16 Includes 9 New Stadiums, Features 50 Licensed Stadiums & 28 Generic Stadiums

This is a discussion on FIFA 16 Includes 9 New Stadiums, Features 50 Licensed Stadiums & 28 Generic Stadiums within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-03-2015, 02:39 PM   #25
Hall of Fame

jb12780's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: FIFA 16 Includes 9 New Stadiums, Features 50 Licensed Stadiums & 28 Generic Stadi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbojugend
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krebstar
Nope, a tribute!

https://www.easports.com/fifa/news/2...d-simon-humber

Now I just hope they can stay in the football league for another year.
That's awesome. Nice gesture by the FIFA team.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-03-2015, 02:40 PM   #26
is looking at stats.

Krebstar's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: FIFA 16 Includes 9 New Stadiums, Features 50 Licensed Stadiums & 28 Generic Stadi

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigTimeTimmyJim
Carrow Road is going to be a blast to play in....

Norwich manager mode confirmed.
And they have some nice kits.

http://www.footyheadlines.com/2015/0...15-16-kit.html
Old 08-03-2015, 02:42 PM   #27
Resident Cajun

GeauxGleaux's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by bad_philanthropy
In a lot of ways it's too bad the budget and organizational scheme of the FIFA team doesn't allow for more stadiums implemented year to year. The NCAA Football series had fantastic, detailed stadiums, for nearly all of the 120 teams near the end. I'm not slagging the series or EA—just surprised there isn't some better tech or even workflow for this sort of thing.

I just don't understand how one year you can create around, what? 15 new stadiums for the Premier League, and then the next it goes down to 9?
worth noting that all 120 of those teams were in the same country, and the majority beholden to the same licensing group.
Old 08-03-2015, 02:55 PM   #28
Rookie

Can someone share a link to that whole 'EA owns the rights to all La Liga Stadiums'? I can only find links to the league name and logo from 2008 but nothing about stadiums. I think that could be an urban legend from people who just love to hate on EA. Or the deal expired, which is also possible. Don't forget Camp Nou wasn't included in FIFA 13 because EA and FCB couldn't agree on a new agreement before launch.

If a stadium isn't in the game, you can assume one or all of the following reasons:

1) the licensing fee to get the stadium is too high for EA to pay for. Don't forget, stadiums can be privately or publically owned and gaining the rights to use the name and the stadium itself could be too much for what EA is willing to pay.
2) the club isn't popular enough in FIFA to warrant it's inclusion
3) EA can only allocate a certain amount of resources to build new stadiums in a year. When they had that groundbreaking partnership with the BPL, I bet a lot of money was involved. If La Liga, Serie A or the Bundesliga aren't willing to invest, I doubt EA would spend money out of their own pocket.

A good chunk of the stadium sin the game outside of the BPL are with clubs that EA has a relationship with: Barca, Dortmund, PSG, Sounders, Whitecaps, etc... Definitely part of the agreement is the inclusion of their stadiums.
Old 08-03-2015, 03:14 PM   #29
Rookie

I'm sorry, but it's a pretty disappointing list if they don't greatly improve Career Mode this year, I'll only pick it up at the price drop and play PES and Football Manager this year on principle alone.
Old 08-03-2015, 03:25 PM   #30
is looking at stats.

Krebstar's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by believeinnow
Can someone share a link to that whole 'EA owns the rights to all La Liga Stadiums'? I can only find links to the league name and logo from 2008 but nothing about stadiums. I think that could be an urban legend from people who just love to hate on EA. Or the deal expired, which is also possible. Don't forget Camp Nou wasn't included in FIFA 13 because EA and FCB couldn't agree on a new agreement before launch.
In 2013 Adam Bhatti, PES European Product Manager, wrote a message on the Winning Eleven Blog forum:

"This issue however is not something technical, it actually due to licencing. EA have been extremely aggressive with signing deals with clubs and leagues this year, and it has meant we can't implement major European stadiums, including NO Spanish stadiums. People were getting worried when they announced exclusive deals with Spanish teams. Well it turned out it meant we couldn't implement their stadium, amongst others."
Old 08-03-2015, 03:51 PM   #31
Banned

lions67's Arena

when will EA add Celtic Park and Ibrox??
who cares about a stadium in Saudi Arabia??
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-03-2015, 04:29 PM   #32
Pro

TerryP's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubcity
A sound business move that hurts the consumers. Yeah, I'm not patting them on the back for that, lol.
Well put! Good for them bad for us. Par for the course with EA.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »