Home

Online Gaming: Euro 2008 or Fifa 08?

This is a discussion on Online Gaming: Euro 2008 or Fifa 08? within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-25-2008, 05:25 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 6
Online Gaming: Euro 2008 or Fifa 08?

I really have the need to buy one of these games because I simply cannot wait these long months until Fifer 09.

So, strictly regarding the online component, which soccer game is overall just better online: Euro 08 or Fifa 08? Of course Fifa 08 definitely gets a nod for the 5 vs 5 mode, but aside from that - is fifa 08 online gameplay more balanced? Is Euro 08 really that much more responsive online than Fifa 08? Gimme the lowdown dudes.....

Thanks
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-25-2008, 10:53 PM   #2
MVP

TheDutchDad's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: Online Gaming: Euro 2008 or Fifa 08?

Go with FIFA...you'll find more people to actually play. It's hard getting a game going sometimes in EURO.
Old 05-26-2008, 02:20 AM   #3
#BringBackFaceuary

ChaseB's Arena

OVR: 40

Yea at all times of day you can get games on FIFA, after certain times at night it's hard to sometimes get games in EURO. Both don't seem to have much of any performance issues.

There are a good amount of game modes in EURO though, but it does lack the 5 v 5 stuff...which I think is kind of overrated when everyone quits a few minutes in, much like in Live....Kind of a downer.

Also both games have teams that get abused, same goes for certain tactics. I'd say you get more random things that occur gameplay wise in FIFA though when compared to EURO, which is a plus.
Old 06-02-2008, 02:56 AM   #4
Pro

Just trying to get a few more takes on this. Is it true that 90% of goals scored on Euro online are "cheap" ones that are off rebounds that shouldn't have been rebounds in the first place? (due to unnecessary parry's by the keeper)

Also, which game is more defensive? More satisfying to play defense?
Old 06-02-2008, 12:22 PM   #5
#BringBackFaceuary

ChaseB's Arena

OVR: 40

There's a lot more second chance goals in Euro because the goalies are a bit better than in FIFA. I wouldn't say it's 90% or anything though.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-02-2008, 12:32 PM   #6
Qb
All Star

Qb's Arena

OVR: 43

I have both games and have logged a good bit of time with FIFA online. I think Euro plays a better game online due to the better responsiveness and slight tweaks to the overall pace. In Euro it seems easier to counteract constant pressing of the ball as you can cut easier and your passes seem a little quicker. After playing Euro for a few days, I'm having a hard time when going back to FIFA for these reasons. However, I agree that you'll find more games in FIFA, although I'm hoping that might change with the real Euro tournament starting soon...
Old 06-04-2008, 07:43 PM   #7
Pro

Thanks for the responses guys. I'll most definitely rent Euro 08 this coming weekend and get some good time in with it. Does anyone play with the Manual + Semi control settings? Wouldn't this make the online component require more skill and reward as opposed to assisted?

We should get a thread goin' with OS'ers who are willing to play with the manual/semi control settings. Lets fill up our friends list with this community!?
Old 06-04-2008, 07:56 PM   #8
MVP

sva91's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCal-Phenom
Thanks for the responses guys. I'll most definitely rent Euro 08 this coming weekend and get some good time in with it. Does anyone play with the Manual + Semi control settings? Wouldn't this make the online component require more skill and reward as opposed to assisted?

We should get a thread goin' with OS'ers who are willing to play with the manual/semi control settings. Lets fill up our friends list with this community!?
Yeah I play all manuel, except for shooting and crossing. I have those set to Semi.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »