Home

FIFA09 Rumors

This is a discussion on FIFA09 Rumors within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-31-2008, 05:05 AM   #1
Can't spell antetokounmpo

Bahnzo's Arena

OVR: 30
FIFA09 Rumors

Found this while surfing...interesting if true. If I'm correct, the "embargo" on FIFA09 info is June 1st, so we should be hearing more very soon. (Like from our very own Steve_OS).

Speculate away......

Quote:
FIFA 09 the latest installment of the top selling football franchise is being developed at EA Canada and is boasting over 251 improvements from FIFA 08. Over two weeks ago the game was shown at the EA Gamers Day. Here are the latest rumours circulating about the game:

- Improved physics system. FIFA 09 has an improved physics system which affects both players and the football itself allowing for beautiful, powerful and deveastating shots and unprecedented levels of realism during a match.

- Improved animation system. The brilliant animation system seen in FIFA 08 is improved upon to include hundreds of new animations for players that further add to the simulation feel of the game.

- New player faces. 3D player modelling is vastly improved and now offers unbelievable similarities to the real life counterparts.

- Increased response times and game speed. Player response times have been increased to increase the flow of the game as in real life, while game speed has been tweaked from FIFA 08.

- Improved graphics, lighting, textures and crowd. Overall graphics have been improved upon once again. Lighting changes in real-time depending on the time of the match. Crowds in the stadium have been redeveloped for the new entry.

- Player height and weight. Player weight and height plays a cruical role in aspects such as aerial challenging and strength on the ground.

- Visible referee, linesman, staff and dugouts. For the first time in the FIFA series referees, linesmen, subs and ground staff are all visible. All have distinct animations such as subs warming up for their arrival.

- Weather options and pitch affects. FIFA 09 now includes weather options such as rain and snow which change conditions during the games progression. In addition the pitch is now affected and becomes more worn during wet matches and slide tackles.

- Increased number of teams and stadiums. As the same during every release FIFA 09 will increase the number of licensed club and international teams as well as their official corresponding stadiums.

- Changes to Be A Pro and Manager Mode. FIFA 09 will bring new changes to Be A Pro and Manager Mode such as camera angles and enhanced options.

- Enhanced online modes. FIFA was the first football game to allow upto 5vs5 online and now this is taken up a gear with full 10vs10 online. Matches now have options for simple 1 player matches, 2vs2, 5vs5 and 10vs10 online games.

- Interactive Celebrations. As seen in UEFA Euro 2008, interactive celebrations will be incorporated into FIFA 09.

- Greatly improved edit mode. Edit mode has now been changed to incorporate a wealth of new options.

FIFA 09 is set to become the ultimate football simulation. New previews will be released along with first screenshots by the end of June 2008.

- Improved Artificial Intelligence system. AI systems have been recoded and act far more realistically. AI now take actions based on the score and change formation as appropriate. Attakcing and defensive measures are used as well as risk assessment.

- Advanced tactics editor. Attacking and defensive styles as well as changes to formation can now be changed on the fly. Risks can be chosen as well as new changes to set pieces.

- Less loading. FIFA is now more streamlined and more efficient and as a result there is less pause and play due to the fewer loading screens.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-31-2008, 05:13 AM   #2
MVP

OVR: 17
Re: FIFA09 Rumors

I think it's your pretty standard press release. Nothing to revolutionary here.

I think if they could get team styles right and even league styles right, that would blow a lot of people away.

And they have to do something about fouls.

Oh and FIFA 09 needs to have Be a Pro career mode. Instead of selecting 4 rivals, you have to beat out every single member of your team. You start at like age 18 in the reserves of your choice and try to break through. It would be neat if that meant, sitting on the bench, playing in games where the starters are benched (think FA Cup, Man U against Stickville United), or even going on loan. Of course transfers, injuries, proper subbing by the manager all taken into account.

That would be great. Problem though is EA sports, they'll make it so your created played with get on a first team after game 3. Or your player will never get subbed or come off the bench.

I like the fact there is snow.

I wish they would put the same number of stadiums that NCAA has. Could you imagine playing in over 100 pitches. You could have the entire world represented. If NCAA can do this, I don't see why FIFA can't?
Old 05-31-2008, 08:47 AM   #3
MVP

therizing02's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRod
I wish they would put the same number of stadiums that NCAA has. Could you imagine playing in over 100 pitches. You could have the entire world represented. If NCAA can do this, I don't see why FIFA can't?
I read in the EA forums a few months back that it takes them about 90 days to finish 1 stadium. That's if they have the rights to use the stadium. This was according to a moderator.
Old 05-31-2008, 09:39 AM   #4
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35

sounds cool. wonder what 'game speed tweaked' means
Old 05-31-2008, 10:16 AM   #5
Boom!!

J-Unit40's Arena

OVR: 30

This game sounds great. I will likely pick this up if I can ever remove myself from NCAA 09. My one question that doesn't relate to gameplay: Will we be able to save replays on our HDD this year? We already have this option in several other sports titles and with FIFA 08 we only had the option to upload (when this feature worked).

Thanks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-31-2008, 02:54 PM   #6
All Star

poster's Arena

OVR: 23

Sounds good. Please fix the foul issue. PLEASE
Old 05-31-2008, 09:59 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 5

251 Improvements! Madden should be embarrassed with a paltry 85…

Just give me faster ball speed and more fouls, the rest will be icing on the cake.

Along with everything else I like the sounds of the livelier sidelines, would be a nice touch to be able to specify what time you want a player to come onto the pitch and see him start warming up on the sideline beforehand. Maybe something like a baseball game scenario where a player needs a certain amount of time to warm up before coming into a game, otherwise he suffers a bit coming on cold.
Old 06-01-2008, 01:48 AM   #8
#BringBackFaceuary

ChaseB's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bahnzo
Found this while surfing...interesting if true. If I'm correct, the "embargo" on FIFA09 info is June 1st, so we should be hearing more very soon. (Like from our very own Steve_OS).
Just so people don't get their hopes up. The embargo date is actually July 1st. Sorrrryyyyy.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »