Home

FIFA 09 Producer Interview: Dave Rutter Part 2

This is a discussion on FIFA 09 Producer Interview: Dave Rutter Part 2 within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-23-2008, 03:30 PM   #9
Semi-retired

BrianFifaFan's Arena

OVR: 50
It's good to hear about fatigue, but the handball thing is kinda a bummer. Like Therizing said, it's on the PC version. And the collision detection is phenominal on this game, how hard could it really be? The create-a-team stuff is probably gonna be like NHL. But that would be really cool if you could create yourself.

All in all a good article. But it still worries me that Man Mode hasn't really been mentioned as having any major work. It was functional, but buggie. And the PC version was much better. Still counting the days. The footage on the MLS capture video looks really good. Come on Lepzig! First gameplay footage then........
Old 07-23-2008, 04:00 PM   #10
Qb
All Star

Qb's Arena

OVR: 43
Bahnzo, the other thing you mentioned was 'quick restarts' to which he said [paraphrasing] "I'm not sure what you mean, we do have a quick rematch option for online play..." Rutter is a Brit, right? I'm hoping that these might be due to a language/terminology misunderstanding.

Overall, some good stuff, some disappointing stuff and more examples of answers that don't really answer the question...
Old 07-23-2008, 04:50 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 3
He definately did not understand the "dummy pass" term

I am pleased to see they finally have added the free kick layoff man and dynamic wall, will make for some more interesting scenarios
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-23-2008, 06:15 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 2
What about stat tracking throughout your manager mode...Why cant we see what is going on in all the leagues when the season is going on. You only meet in the CL league...What about Stat history and Trophy history like Madden. After the season I want to look at my accomplishments...I want to know how many goals I scored throughout my career..I want to look at my trophy case and see all my winnings...Why isnt the Santiago Bernebaeu in the game??
Old 07-23-2008, 07:29 PM   #13
Pro

OVR: 10
Yeah, he either didn't understand the questions, skated around them, or the questions themselves weren't specific enough. Hopefully for community day you guys will get specifics.

In regards to loaned players, my big thing is yaaay they'll get better but will we actually see them get put in the starting 11? Still no mention if they've put in best 11 feature for MM.

Everything else is gravy.
Old 07-23-2008, 08:14 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: FIFA 09 Producer Interview: Dave Rutter Part 2

Excuse my naivete, but what is a “dummy pass?”

Can’t wait to see some extensive gameplay footage and more manager mode info.
Old 07-23-2008, 08:26 PM   #15
MVP

EXboxur's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn
Excuse my naivete, but what is a “dummy pass?”

Can’t wait to see some extensive gameplay footage and more manager mode info.
When a player acts as if he is going to receive a pass, but instead lets it run through.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-23-2008, 08:34 PM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 3

If there's a part 3 can someone ask if they took out the Estadio de los Artes? I also agree the loan system needs to be fixed.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »