Home

Therizings Community Day Impression (so far)

This is a discussion on Therizings Community Day Impression (so far) within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-28-2008, 11:24 PM   #25
No Way

demencia_total's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: Therizings Community Day Impression (so far)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince
YESSSSSSSS.

It was impossible to get everything unlocked. You needed like 7500 points for the black Milan jersey.
Not to mention having to buy exp points to create a mediocre player. Hopefully now we are free to assign whatever statistics we desire in the CAP, or at least a decent amount to get started into MM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-28-2008, 11:27 PM   #26
Can't spell antetokounmpo

Bahnzo's Arena

OVR: 30

So what speed will online play be at, or will it be a choice?

Is there going to be anything to discourage people from playing the same 4-5 teams online?

And mentioned earlier: have they fixed the leagues in terms on playing home/away games. As it is you can only play 1,3,5, etc games against other teams. Hardly realistic.
Old 07-28-2008, 11:30 PM   #27
Pro

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheUglyOrgan
I honestly think I would rather have gameplay fixes than Manager Mode fixes. If FIFA 09 can give me a gameplay fix and FM 08/09 can give me a manager fix, I'll be set.
I agree. I just wanted some of the "broken" things fixed like auto best 11, not a complete overhaul of the mode.
RIP #21

DC United 2008 US Open Cup Champions
Old 07-28-2008, 11:32 PM   #28
No Way

demencia_total's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheUglyOrgan
I honestly think I would rather have gameplay fixes than Manager Mode fixes. If FIFA 09 can give me a gameplay fix and FM 08/09 can give me a manager fix, I'll be set.
Agreed, but the fatigue thing is ridiculous. But I'm just GLAD that finally there are some improvements in game play and that sim football is moving forward. I've been a huge PES fan from the last gen of consoles, but once I got adept at the game, I was averaging 4-5 goals a game in limited time on the top difficulty because each version featured minimal changes so that it wouldn't take you long to understand the nuances of the limited AI, specially that of the GK's. With FIFA 08 I can still hammer the AI, but there's still a few games that are really close and the AI actually tries to keep possession. Looking at EURO 2008 and now all these changes that they are making, things are looking bright on the game play front.
Old 07-29-2008, 12:16 AM   #29
MVP

BROman's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegoons21
Or having your loaned players actually play on the 1st team when you loan them out if they're better than that teams other players at the position?
rutter said that this was fixed in the part two interview

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegoons21
Also, I was curious if these generic stadiums can be "assigned" to various clubs or if we're stuck with the same stadium over and over for MM games against teams without a custom stadium?
judging from past fifa's, they are most likely already assigned, as long as there's variety and no goddamned estadio de la artes every game, i'm cool.
Old 07-29-2008, 12:28 AM   #30
Pro

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by BROman
rutter said that this was fixed in the part two interview

judging from past fifa's, they are most likely already assigned, as long as there's variety and no goddamned estadio de la artes every game, i'm cool.
Good to hear. I guess I did miss it. Safe to assume if they fixed it for loans, it's fixed for transfers as well?

Yeah, I can't see them making stadiums assignable for every team but at least some variety.
RIP #21

DC United 2008 US Open Cup Champions
Old 07-29-2008, 01:04 AM   #31
Bow for Bau

Vince's Arena

OVR: 28

can you elaborate when you say that skill moves are easier to execute?

http://twitter.com/52isthemike
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-29-2008, 03:57 AM   #32
MVP

therizing02's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by bad_philanthropy
Yeah I'm incredibly eager to know if no real focus on manager mode means that the cpu won't change up its lineups at all again.
Ok. A 12 hour day at the studio (plus a few Ketl on the rocks after) and the day is completed.

BP, I asked him (David Rutter) this question word for word in my 15 minute interview. I made it a point to give the example of a team playing a league match on the weekend, a CL game midweek, and another league fixture on Sunday. I also stated that it's feasible to think that a player with low stamina ratings may have to sit out a match. If that's the case why are we seeing the same lineup for the CPU every week?

David made it clear to me that they have yet to figure out the fatigue on a match by match basis. They can do it within a game, but not match by match.

I made it very clear to him and the other developers that the members of our community play a lot of MM and against the CPU and he does know that MM needs to be updated. They want to do this next year. Also try to remember this is his first year on the game. Don't misconstrue that as an excuse because when I mentioned many of the issues that we had with the game last year he completely agreed. He just stated that they wanted to get the gameplay finished first. MM is a huge mode in the game that can't just be fixed with a tweak here and there.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »