Home

Therizings Community Day Impression (so far)

This is a discussion on Therizings Community Day Impression (so far) within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-29-2008, 10:03 AM   #57
Qb
All Star

Qb's Arena

OVR: 43
Re: Therizings Community Day Impression (so far)

vgsportsBert, would I be correct in assuming that you were at the EA Canada studio as well? If so, glad to have you aboard to help satisfy our insatiable thirst for FIFA knowledge...

Last edited by Qb; 07-29-2008 at 11:25 AM.
Old 07-29-2008, 10:41 AM   #58
Rookie

OVR: 1

Thanks everyone for this GP news, they all sound fantastic. I'm not gonna repeat anything but express my worries on 2 things.
First is the speed of the game. It is too fast so I'm glad to hear it can be changeable but the online modes are my biggest worry with this as I think speed of Fifa 08 and GP of Fifa 09 would be perfect.

Next thing is the trick system. Yes, the players use them in real football but not that much and I wouldn't want to become a football match filled with useful tricks of passing defenders and just randomly going for the analog to pull out some stunts.

I was PRO EVO fan for 10 years and Fifa 08 is the 1st Fifa I've bought and I haven't regret it. I've played over 1400 games online, and will deff. buy this one as Fifa 08 for me was a great football simulation and still is.

New GP additions and improvements are amazing and I can't wait for demo to come out.

Lot of my friends bought PRO EVO 2008, sold it and bought Fifa. I was trying to convince them all at the beginning to buy Fifa, well, they are all coming to senses now. There is no room for fanboyizm in this world. Buy the best and now Fifa is the best, and it will be for many years to come imo.

Just don't fall into a trap like PRO EVO. Remember, they were always adding more and more responsiveness until it became too fast and too arcade. They lost lot of fans and lot of trust. You lead the game now and you have 65% of
the possession. Don't give out an autogoal but don't keep the lead also, score some more goals

Last edited by Augustiin; 07-29-2008 at 10:48 AM.
Old 07-29-2008, 11:19 AM   #59
Bow for Bau

Vince's Arena

OVR: 28

have you played any weather games?

http://twitter.com/52isthemike
Old 07-29-2008, 12:30 PM   #60
Can't spell antetokounmpo

Bahnzo's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgx2thez
I'm really hoping the online secret is online leagues ala NCAA Football '09. Not quite how sure it would work (if everyone had to be in the EPL,etc...) but I can already imagine people lining up on here.
I don't think so. Instead, look at NHL09's Be A Pro-like team/league thing. I'd be willing to bet that's what it is. We already know that 10v10 is in the game, add a Sports MMO with the FIFA Be A Pro mode carried over to online to that.
Old 07-29-2008, 02:04 PM   #61
Pro

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bahnzo
I don't think so. Instead, look at NHL09's Be A Pro-like team/league thing. I'd be willing to bet that's what it is. We already know that 10v10 is in the game, add a Sports MMO with the FIFA Be A Pro mode carried over to online to that.
Both would be great, but I'm with Bahnzo on this. I think it'll be like NHL 09's complete with promotion/relegation. OS SC anyone? (Yeah, S for soccer) We can finally show these euros we do know s-o-c-c-e-r.

Hope there's still more news to come and some answers for our MM ?'s.
RIP #21

DC United 2008 US Open Cup Champions
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-29-2008, 03:22 PM   #62
MVP

bad_philanthropy's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by therizing02
BTW, I logged onto OS earlier this evening with the Global Product Manager and he read the first three pages of this thread with me. They will look into this as I mentioned that it could be a work around the no changing lineups by the CPU based on fatigue.
That's excellent to hear that you showed them. I'm not even specifically referring to fatigue though, I'm talking about how a team can make a big signing in MM on the transfer market and not even put the guy into their lineup despite him being superior player than who they already have at the position.

I don't think a lot of us are necessarily clamoring for a complete overhaul of MM mode, it would just be nice if the cpu altered their lineup, and even nicer if fatigue was better implemented. But I would certainly not be unhappy with just the first thing I mentioned.

Last edited by bad_philanthropy; 07-29-2008 at 03:25 PM.
Old 07-29-2008, 03:23 PM   #63
Mr. Brightside

Acid's Arena

OVR: 52

Maybe I should have tried to go... you lost 3-0 to Spurs?! If everything else wasn't impressive, I'd be mad at you.

Thanks for the great impressions.
But we all live in denial
Old 07-29-2008, 04:20 PM   #64
Rookie

Hauler24's Arena

OVR: 3

5-1 we did in real life what is so impossible.
Great stuff this thing is all over the net on forums for Fifa fans and I thank you for your efforts.

Last edited by Hauler24; 07-29-2008 at 04:22 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »