Home

FIFA Has Caused Me To Turn Against Madden

This is a discussion on FIFA Has Caused Me To Turn Against Madden within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-14-2008, 04:50 PM   #17
Th*s F*c* C*sh*s Ch*cks

ezekiel55's Arena

OVR: 26
Re: FIFA Has Caused Me To Turn Against Madden

Quote:
Originally Posted by southernbelle
lets not start the flamming.
There was absolutely no flaming in his post, he merely stated that Pro Evo looked drab and familiar...
Old 08-14-2008, 05:24 PM   #18
MVP

OVR: 17

I'm more impressed with the Head Coach team than the FIFA and NHL team. Yes they have been extremely active here at OS but I'm impressed how much football they put into that game.

If that's how FIFA and NHL treat their games, I would be very impressed. I do not believe that Madden and NCAA developers can address a lot of the issues. Not because they are incapable but Madden has been something other than true football. It's about Madden ball.

With that said, FIFA has made some important strides this year. Hopefully it's more balanced than last year.
Old 08-14-2008, 05:27 PM   #19
Banned

PodSquad's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRod
I'm more impressed with the Head Coach team than the FIFA and NHL team. Yes they have been extremely active here at OS but I'm impressed how much football they put into that game.

If that's how FIFA and NHL treat their games, I would be very impressed. I do not believe that Madden and NCAA developers can address a lot of the issues. Not because they are incapable but Madden has been something other than true football. It's about Madden ball.

With that said, FIFA has made some important strides this year. Hopefully it's more balanced than last year.
Why not compare Head Coach to Football manager instead of games where you actually you know, get on the field and play.
Old 08-14-2008, 07:19 PM   #20
Semi-retired

BrianFifaFan's Arena

OVR: 50

I'm playing Madden, but counting the days until Fifa09. I also just went and paid off NHL09 today. While I'm enjoying Madden, it still isn't the same excitement that Fifa brings me. As others have said, EA Canada just plain gets it. Both of those titles have redefined sports gaming at EA. I'm not really dissapointed in Madden this year, as I knew what it would and wouldn't be. But I can't begin with a straight face to say that either NCAA or Madden are at these games level. I'd say Madden's closer than NCAA. It's playable, but now I'm how the Madden crowd normally is when they buy NCAA, it's just a holdover for me until next month when NHL drops and then in Oct. it's on! Fifa time and Madden will become a coaster. NHL I'm thinking it'll get it's share of gameplay. But Madden will either get traded in or gather dust until around playoff time. It depends on the second patch. Brian

A great product sells itself, no "back of the box" features required! (See Fifa...)

Old 08-14-2008, 07:34 PM   #21
Banned

OVR: 28

Fifa is close to being relaly good, but they have to learn how to translate difficulty. having the opposing team super mario run towards my player only to punk him for the ball pissed me off to know end. What is even worse is how ******** the AI is on your own team. I dont know how many times the ball just went right by them and them not make a play for it at all. As it was changing players in that game was kinda slow. It wasnt all that responsive. I almost broke a few controllers. If i had been about 7 years younger i would have thrown a few controllers at the concrete. lol Glad i dont do that anymore. haha

I played it alot, i tried to really like it, but in the end the stupid AI turned me off big time. So close but so far.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2008, 09:52 PM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 6

I'm in the same category... FIFA has taken over.

I skipped NCAA for the first time since it's PS2 debut this year, but I got Madden instad because I still needed my football fix, but I still feel like I have unfinished business with FIFA and obiously more to do with GTA.

It's funny as much as I like this years Madden, when I play I feel like I'm neglecting FIFA, a game I've had since October.
Old 08-14-2008, 11:08 PM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 5

I’m definitely more hyped for FIFA than Madden this year, which is a first.

Now Madden is just a stopgap until October (or September if the FIFA demo comes out then).

Last year FIFA 08 snuck up on me (never had so much fun playing a demo with 2 minute halves and 4 teams to choose from), but this year I’m aware and devouring every new piece of info that comes our way.
Old 08-14-2008, 11:12 PM   #24
Banned

OVR: 8

Long time, die hard NCAA fan here....first time in years that I haven't pre-ordered NCAA. Haven't purchased Madden in years (since PS2 2007? release?).

It's not solely because of Fifa, but it certainly plays a role in the equation. Honestly, College Hoops & Winning Eleven really showed what a good sports franchise should be...and FIFA really came on with 08. Really really looking forward to 09. Much more then NCAA or Madden.

EA Tiburon are a bunch of monkey F_____'s.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »