Home

For new Fifa players and guys who want to expand their game...

This is a discussion on For new Fifa players and guys who want to expand their game... within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-03-2009, 02:13 PM   #65
*n th* Fl*w*rs

southernbelle's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: For new Fifa players and guys who want to expand their game...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianFifaFan
It's funny. I've been going through where I'm starting to press the buttons sooner and tapping faster. Man has it really changed the game for me. I'm seeing all of these passes I've never seen before and shots I didn't even know the game was capable of. Rapid taps and early reads make this game something else entirely. I'm gonna have to do that on the low cross. Thanks!
i bet you are talking about shooting... rapid tap the shoot button and you will get a screamer on the ground... deadly..
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-03-2009, 06:39 PM   #66
Pro

OVR: 10

Brain how do you bicycle kick, its almost like all your goals are these
Old 01-03-2009, 07:36 PM   #67
Semi-retired

BrianFifaFan's Arena

OVR: 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by southernbelle
i bet you are talking about shooting... rapid tap the shoot button and you will get a screamer on the ground... deadly..
I mean everything. My buddy Wepeeler was telling me that I really needed to play faster, so I spent a couple of nights just seeing how fast and early I could make my button presses. At first I was making a lot of mistakes, but as I got used to the game speed, now I'm seeing the ball dancing all over the field. I'm getting some of the most organic, realistic looking goals. Now I trying to match my fast game with my slow, 1-2 passing and trick moves. This is where the game really shines. With fast button presses with the most creative moves that I can think of. The game can handle it. And I'm not just talking route 1 ball. I'm talking lobs into traps with flick-ups for shots. Man, I just really loving the gameplay now that I can make it do what I want it to do.

A great product sells itself, no "back of the box" features required! (See Fifa...)

Old 01-03-2009, 07:43 PM   #68
Semi-retired

BrianFifaFan's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by buttsakk
Brain how do you bicycle kick, its almost like all your goals are these
Hit the shot button while the ball is coming in on the lob. Be sure you hit the shot button well before the ball reaches you. Of course you've gotta give time for the jump and shot. Start doing all of your shots with the ball in the air if possible. Bouncing balls or lobs. The more shots you take early instead of settling the ball, the more organic and random your gameplay will become. It's just a matter of speed and reactions. Push yourself to do things before you think you should. As the ball is still on it's way to you, think "where should this ball go next?" At first you'll be ticked off, but stick with it. I promise it worth it!

A great product sells itself, no "back of the box" features required! (See Fifa...)

Old 01-03-2009, 07:47 PM   #69
Rookie

OVR: 8

thats sweet... Too bad hardly any players can do the advanced tricks..

Well hardly any players that I play with
NHL - New Jersey Devils
Old 01-04-2009, 01:44 AM   #70
Pro

OVR: 10

I just played a game and lost 1-0 and i had 62% TOP. I don't understand. I work my offense and maybe can set up 1-2 real good chances a game to score a goal, and usually i miss those. Then opponent eventually hits his through pass for a breakaway and scores. How do you adjust to people playing styles in a soccer game?
Old 01-04-2009, 07:09 PM   #71
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbx34
I just played a game and lost 1-0 and i had 62% TOP. I don't understand. I work my offense and maybe can set up 1-2 real good chances a game to score a goal, and usually i miss those. Then opponent eventually hits his through pass for a breakaway and scores. How do you adjust to people playing styles in a soccer game?
Any advice from the seasoned online players? I too am getting frustrated with online games. I can handle people choosing top flight teams (I’ve been rolling with Bourdeaux lately). But the through balls with super speedy forwards is frustrating and on the other end the defense is so packed in that it’s tough to find any room.

Any tips for facing random fools (besides not playing random fools) would be appreciated. I would play OSers, but interest seems to have faded amongst the late night PS3 crowd.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-06-2009, 05:02 PM   #72
Semi-retired

BrianFifaFan's Arena

Okay, here's what I'm gonna try and start doing. I had wanted to start some tutorial stuff and hit a slight, well not so slight, snag. I was rendering my first stuff that I had captured with the Hava and kinda killed my 5 year old computer. The good news it that, along with my Hava, I will have a brand new Computer come this weekend! The parts are all here save my CPU. So once I finally get it all together, I'll be able to really get some quality stuff for you guys.

In the meanwhile, I've got a few goals I've scored today that I want to use to illustrate some concepts on scoring and I'll break down what types of buttons were used. I've really had a chance to get a good feel for the controls and how to really use them well. So please don't judge the "wow" factor. It's more about how to use the controls to create nice scoring chances.

First a disclaimer. I play Man Mode mostly and 8 of my starting 11 are 99's. So that kinda let's me drive a Porsche vs. a Yugo. I also only play on Pro Cam, which helps me to replicate the moves I've learned in the Arena. I'm in the minority, I know, but it works really well for me. I also play at normal speed on World Class with everything manual, save shooting on semi. So that's my version of Fifa. With that said, on to the vids.....

First is my goal with Anderson vs. Borussia Dortmund. They had been playing a High Pressure Counter Attack style, especially as I had them well behind. I had lobbed a pass in the box and they had headed it out. I postioned myself and hit the LB to trap and then tapped it again while pulling the stick away from direction of travel. This got me squared where I could do a quick knock on with the RS and slight tap on the RT to a quick tap of the B button for the shot into the top left, which the keeper tries valiantly to save, but fails. Samba time!

Next up, I'm at the Emirates and the game really has been rough. Arsenal has put heave pressure on my D, but finally Clichy can't stop tripping Ronaldo and gets sent off. Penalty puts me up 1-0 and the Gunners go full offensive. Here I've lobbed it down and it has been picked off by Eboue. Eboue tries to quickly bring it up the field. I'm in full Defensive with High Pressure, so Rooney is automatically is agressive. I line him up and with a quick tap of A, I steal the ball. Now instead of settling the ball and giving the defense time to recover, quick tap of the LB to a very quick tap of B and the nice topspin bender in the upper right. The best shots come from early button presses and hitting the ball while still in the air...

Last, I've pretty much got Arsenal on the ropes and they are just desperate. I steal and use the A button to send the hard low through pass. Use A for ground passes, unless you want a soft pass with touch. Then, and only then, use Y. LB and B makes a nice pass to change sides of the pitch and LB+Y is really good for lobbing on the break. Here I've gotten through with the quick A pass and have Rooney with the run. Now I see Berbatov is coming middle, so I let up the turbo and use the Y pass for the setup. As the ball arrives, I've already selected a poke into the top middle. Keeper gets just a touch, but Rooneys on the supporting run and I hit top right with the slighest of B taps. Defender tries to clear, but I'm in the way and get the put-in off the shoulder, I think...

Really try to always be tapping buttons in Fifa. Only hold A or B on Defense, if needed. Then let go of the LS, if using A once you see your man moving in. On Doubles, use B and use your man you are controlling to cover gaps in passing lanes. Remember to take good angles for Defensive pursuit and to use the sprint more than the strafe to cover ground. Once you become engaged with your mark, tap A to try and dislodge the ball. If your man won't cover the extra ground and plays off, either use double teams or tap A again and hold to make him play into the man with the ball. I'm really hoping to be up and running with some video of proper passing technique and defensive technique by either late this weekend or early next week. Happy Footie, my new Football junkies!

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »