Home

Stadium Assignments for 09

This is a discussion on Stadium Assignments for 09 within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-29-2008, 04:45 PM   #9
MVP

OVR: 18
Re: Stadium Assignments for 09

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportsdude
maybe it's just me but I'm fine with the low number of stadiums. It allows them to do so much more with the added memory and once the game starts, I rarely notice what stadium I'm in anyway. Obviously some of the big ones, you can tell, but other than that it doesn't matter to me.
I totally fail to see the link between number of stadiums and memory. There's always just one stadium loaded in memory at a time so from that perspective having 1 or 100 stadiums in the game makes no difference to gameplay. And if you're talking about storing content on the disc, I really don't see what they have more than other sports games that would take up more space. The only possibility I can see is the unis for that many teams but I don't think that even approaches the space required for stadiums.
Old 09-29-2008, 05:53 PM   #10
Be Massive

sportsdude's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercalnd
I totally fail to see the link between number of stadiums and memory. There's always just one stadium loaded in memory at a time so from that perspective having 1 or 100 stadiums in the game makes no difference to gameplay. And if you're talking about storing content on the disc, I really don't see what they have more than other sports games that would take up more space. The only possibility I can see is the unis for that many teams but I don't think that even approaches the space required for stadiums.
Yes I meant storage. And you'd be surprised at how much extra space that allows. I know part of the reason NCAA football is the way it is, is because they spent so much time and storage space all the stadiums. I really don't think it's that big of a deal to only have 15-20 stadiums. Would it be nice if all of them were in there? Sure, but that's like No. 18 on my wish list.
Old 09-29-2008, 06:05 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 6

Before i even read this and I naturally have a bad reaction to something on the list, thank you. This is the info I've been looking forward to for a while now and going through the EA FIFA boards isn't worth the trouble at times.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-29-2008, 08:25 PM   #12
Don't Trust Influencers

ChubbyBanana's Arena

OVR: 46

Thanks for this list.

I agree it would be nice to have more authentic stadiums in the game, but I can deal without them. I haven't been to any European football stadiums anyways, so it's not as personal to me.

I can see how you could be upset if the stadium right down the road or your favorite team played in wasn't in the game though.

Twitch Stream
Old 09-29-2008, 09:09 PM   #13
Banned

OVR: 26

Play custom seasons; select 20 teams, each with a different home stadium; problem solved! That's what I always do anyway.
Old 09-30-2008, 11:09 AM   #14
MVP

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportsdude
Yes I meant storage. And you'd be surprised at how much extra space that allows. I know part of the reason NCAA football is the way it is, is because they spent so much time and storage space all the stadiums. I really don't think it's that big of a deal to only have 15-20 stadiums. Would it be nice if all of them were in there? Sure, but that's like No. 18 on my wish list.
Storage space has little to no effect on gameplay and AI, which I'm guessing is what you are referring to whe you say "NCAA football is the way it is". I can give you dev resources spent on AI instead of artwork but storage space is not part of that equation.

I'm not asking for all the real stadiums. Just a little more variety would be nice.
Old 09-30-2008, 01:25 PM   #15
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercalnd
Storage space has little to no effect on gameplay and AI, which I'm guessing is what you are referring to whe you say "NCAA football is the way it is". I can give you dev resources spent on AI instead of artwork but storage space is not part of that equation.

I'm not asking for all the real stadiums. Just a little more variety would be nice.
I'll agree to that. Home versus Away games are dependant on environment - and it is the stadiums that mark certain meetings such as a derby. Location, location, location.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-30-2008, 02:53 PM   #16
is looking at stats.

Krebstar's Arena

OVR: 15

In the EPL, I would love to see more stadiums, but this is MUCH better than last year. Plus, I'm assuming Ivy Lane, Crown Lane and Square Ground are much closer to the style of those stadiums than Estadio De Las Artes was. So, this really is a step in the right direction. I never got around to doing a MM with West Ham because the stadium issue.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »