Home

***Official FIFA 09 Impressions Thread***

This is a discussion on ***Official FIFA 09 Impressions Thread*** within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-05-2008, 03:47 PM   #65
*n th* Fl*w*rs

southernbelle's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: ***Official FIFA 09 Impressions Thread***

game is amazing. i give it a 9/10. fantastic gameplay...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-05-2008, 10:22 PM   #66
MVP

therizing02's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by southernbelle
game is amazing. i give it a 9/10. fantastic gameplay...

I read on the EA boards recently that if you make small changes to the Custom tactics sliders, the changes in game play are not noticeable. Are you seeing this?
Old 10-05-2008, 10:33 PM   #67
MVP

OVR: 14

Not sure if this is a glitch, but i started a new BAP Seasons mode with a created player inthe A-League (as Sydney FC)...as a result i was playing reserve games. Went to play my first game, and for some reason, i was still controlling ALL players, and my created player was not even on the pitch! I played until half time, then before second-half kick off, I paused the game and noticed there was option to "Request for Sub"...i figured this meant sub my CAP in and then i'd only control him. Selected it and it warned me that confirming the move would sim the rest of the game and give me a match rating hit, but i went ahead with it and sure enough, it simmed to the end of the game and i got a rating of 3.0 (you start at 6.0) despite the fact i wasn't even playing.

For my second and third games, it was as normal...i was controlling myself only for the full match (although i was playing at RW, when i created myself as a CM). But then for my fourth game, same problem as my first match, and another match rating of 3.0. Fifth and final game of that session was back to normal, scored the only goal of the game and got a 9.0 rating

Anyone else experiencing this in BAP Seasons mode? I can understand not starting every game, since I am a scrub in the reserves, but why am I controlling ALL players, and getting penalised for attempting to sub myself in...?
Old 10-06-2008, 02:34 AM   #68
*n th* Fl*w*rs

southernbelle's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by therizing02
I read on the EA boards recently that if you make small changes to the Custom tactics sliders, the changes in game play are not noticeable. Are you seeing this?
i have not tinkered with these yet. i have played a lot of different teams with different styles and its very noticeable. difference between the spurs and chelsea, or man u. its great. used to be computer played the same with every team.
Old 10-06-2008, 06:47 AM   #69
MVP

OVR: 14

OK i think BAP Seasons mode with a CREATED PLAYER is messed up because the problem i spoke of in my last post keeps happening! In fact, in the 11 matches i've done so far, i've only been player locked with my created guy "Token" in 5 games, all the other games i've controlled the whole team.

For two of those times i decided to play the full game, and around the 60th minute in both games Token comes on as a sub, BUT i'm still controlling every player and i can't find a way to player lock to him in the game. In both those games too, he only ends with the same 6.0 rating he starts with too.

In the games where i choose to "Request Sub" (where it actually says sub off, not a request to sub in...even though Token is not currently on the field) it sims to the end of the game and i only get a 3.0 rating and barely get any EXP points.

There is an option to "unlock" the player lock in the main menu of BAP Seasons in order to control all players (press the right stick down) but i've never unlocked it, so i'm not sure why this problem is occurring. You can tell when this problem occurs when the loading Arena comes up as it loads up each game...for all times my CAP Token was the arena player during the loading, i was player locked to him for the game itself, but when they have any other player in the arena, i control the whole team. Unfortunately i don't have access to changing lineups before or during the game (because i'm not captain) yet, so i can sub myself in normally, and at this rate of constant 3.0 and 6.0 ratings, i'll never become captain

This problem hasn't occurred in my Nicky Carle mode though at all and i've played 6 games in that mode, so i'll probably return to that one instead. Maybe its just a created player problem...?
Old 10-06-2008, 07:43 AM   #70
No Way

demencia_total's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by calcutta
OK i think BAP Seasons mode with a CREATED PLAYER is messed up because the problem i spoke of in my last post keeps happening! In fact, in the 11 matches i've done so far, i've only been player locked with my created guy "Token" in 5 games, all the other games i've controlled the whole team.

For two of those times i decided to play the full game, and around the 60th minute in both games Token comes on as a sub, BUT i'm still controlling every player and i can't find a way to player lock to him in the game. In both those games too, he only ends with the same 6.0 rating he starts with too.

In the games where i choose to "Request Sub" (where it actually says sub off, not a request to sub in...even though Token is not currently on the field) it sims to the end of the game and i only get a 3.0 rating and barely get any EXP points.

There is an option to "unlock" the player lock in the main menu of BAP Seasons in order to control all players (press the right stick down) but i've never unlocked it, so i'm not sure why this problem is occurring. You can tell when this problem occurs when the loading Arena comes up as it loads up each game...for all times my CAP Token was the arena player during the loading, i was player locked to him for the game itself, but when they have any other player in the arena, i control the whole team. Unfortunately i don't have access to changing lineups before or during the game (because i'm not captain) yet, so i can sub myself in normally, and at this rate of constant 3.0 and 6.0 ratings, i'll never become captain

This problem hasn't occurred in my Nicky Carle mode though at all and i've played 6 games in that mode, so i'll probably return to that one instead. Maybe its just a created player problem...?
I haven't run into this on the PS3 version, and I'm playing with a CAP. Will keep an eye on it though, but so far things have ran smoothly for my with my CAP.
Old 10-06-2008, 07:55 AM   #71
Rookie

fzero187's Arena

OVR: 1

ive been playing be a pro seasons for a couple of days and not had any problems as of yet. played in the reserve team for a bit and could'nt change any squad/formations as i have to become the first team captain,just made the first team and doing ok,averaging a ratin of 8.9.
its a shame yours is messing up as its so addicting
Old 10-06-2008, 08:07 AM   #72
No Way

demencia_total's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by therizing02
Small changes in the tactics are subtle, but they DO happen. It's just difficult to notice because the player ultimately decides how the team plays. For example, a player might choose the long ball tactic, but still play with short passes. However, your teammates will move accordingly with that tactic, but you can choose to play however you like. People are making the assumption that because they can't see a huge difference in moving a slider a few times then it's not working at all. But they do work, and they have an effect on the player's movements on the field.

----------------------------------------------------------------

One thing that I am loving about this game is that you never feel cheated playing against the AI. Even on Legendary, the game is the same for both the human and AI side. No longer does the AI have the super human ability to win every ball, and score at will. Granted, I have found that the best difficulty is World Class because the AI on Legendary seems to be way too over aggressive at times, but you still get a fair game. The attributes really do figure in how a player performs more so than in any other football game I have played before.

Also, when the rest of you guys get the game, or for those that have it but are finding that you can keep possession too easily, switch the passing to SEMI or MANUAL. It makes the game SO much better against the AI, and forces you to adjust to certain situations that would be a given when set to ASSISTED, since most passes are on target on that setting. I currently use SEMI on both passing and shooting, and will consider going to full MANUAL soon, although it can be a pain with the PS3 analog stick.

I also got my first online match done, and it was pretty enjoyable. It was Boca Juniors (me) vs Celtic. There wasn't any major lag, although its still best to play someone closer as always. Game ran smoothly without frame rate problems. Also, it's not as easy for cheesers to employ their tactics anymore because the AI is smarter. For example, the guy I was playing tried to shoot several times from the half way line, but the GK was always in position, so it was a wasted possession every time. I ended up winning on penalties after extra time, so it was pretty tense and exciting. I was going to try 10 vs 10, but most of the lobbies were just people trying to play as Man U, to the point that sometimes they would choose them on both sides. Pretty annoying as always.

Lastly, I hope that EA fixes the bug where the players lose track of the ball and become confused. It happens to both human controlled players and the AI, and it can really break the experience in some situations. It doesn't happen all the time, but when it does, it's quite annoying. It's weird that this is in the final release because it didn't seem to be present on the demo, so hopefully the community makes an issue of it so that the developers take notice.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »