Home

Which team to Control in ManagerMode?

This is a discussion on Which team to Control in ManagerMode? within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-30-2008, 04:08 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Which team to Control in ManagerMode?

Just curious who everyone plans to control in Manager Mode. Do you go with a Premier League power like Chelsea or do you control a team in a lesser league and try to build them up.

I'll probably choose a smaller team, maybe champions league instead of premier. Still deciding who that will be. Went with Cardiff City last year.

Hopefully the best teams will be somewhat even so that there is not one team everyone uses online.......Barcelona
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-01-2008, 04:50 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: Which team to Control in ManagerMode?

lol I think you mean Championship teams, not Champions League.
As for me, I'm Arsenal till I die so its a pretty easy choice, can't wait to see what Theo, Cesc and Adebayor can do on the game
Old 10-01-2008, 11:14 AM   #3
Mr. Brightside

Acid's Arena

OVR: 52

I'm an Arsenal fan so I'll be using them.

Sometimes I'll mix it up, in FIFA 07 I used Chelsea and this year I've been thinking of Pompey or Villa, but I'll still with the Gunners most likely.

I'll probably do a BAP Season with Ashley Young though.
But we all live in denial
Old 10-01-2008, 12:51 PM   #4
Qb
All Star

Qb's Arena

OVR: 43

I did several years with Arsenal in 08, but always found myself trying to keep the team as is or I'd buy a player linked to the team that would never sign and subsequently not play him. So I think I'll venture down a step to the Championship and attempt to return Nottingham Forest, last English team to win back-to-back European Cups (pre-cursor to the Champions League), to the top flight.

I tried to do one with them last year, but they were in CC League One and the games were pitifully boring. Hopefully the improved responsiveness, better competition and team tactics will make it more exciting. It'll be cool to earn promotion (I wonder if the playoff finally made it in?) and have to re-tool the squad to compete in the PL...
Old 10-01-2008, 01:15 PM   #5
Mr. Brightside

Acid's Arena

OVR: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qb
I did several years with Arsenal in 08, but always found myself trying to keep the team as is or I'd buy a player linked to the team that would never sign and subsequently not play him. So I think I'll venture down a step to the Championship and attempt to return Nottingham Forest, last English team to win back-to-back European Cups (pre-cursor to the Champions League), to the top flight.

I tried to do one with them last year, but they were in CC League One and the games were pitifully boring. Hopefully the improved responsiveness, better competition and team tactics will make it more exciting. It'll be cool to earn promotion (I wonder if the playoff finally made it in?) and have to re-tool the squad to compete in the PL...
I'm gonna blow Arsenal up.

I'm gonna sell RVP and start Vela next to Adebayor. I'm going to try and buy De la Red from Real Madrid and stick him next to Cesc. I'm going to try and sell Gallas (I'm mad at him ) and either start Song/Djourjou or try and buy another centerback.

I got Marquez in FIFA 08, I might try that again since he doesn't really start for Barca anymore with Milito there.
But we all live in denial
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-01-2008, 01:52 PM   #6
Qb
All Star

Qb's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acid
I'm gonna blow Arsenal up.

I'm gonna sell RVP and start Vela next to Adebayor. I'm going to try and buy De la Red from Real Madrid and stick him next to Cesc. I'm going to try and sell Gallas (I'm mad at him ) and either start Song/Djourjou or try and buy another centerback.

I got Marquez in FIFA 08, I might try that again since he doesn't really start for Barca anymore with Milito there.
I was always tempted to sell RVP as well. But I could never pull the trigger because he scored so many goals for me. I wanted to get De la Red in 08, but he was garbage.

On a related note, I wish they would not make young guys so useless in terms of ratings. Reserve players all have ratings in the 60s across the board, when their physical attributes (namely pace) & technique are what get them signed. Stuff like finishing, strength,awareness/positioning, etc should be low to keep the overall down. But there is no way that Gary Speed is faster than every 17 or 18 year old on a professional contract, yet it's this way in FIFA...
Old 10-01-2008, 04:27 PM   #7
Rookie

Mad 69's Arena

OVR: 10

I like to start off with a lesser known club, such as Bari in Serie B, but I too find the action quite boring so I move onto a an upper level team. I like Chelsea, Porto FC, Marsailles, Sevilla and Roma for use in Manager Mode.

Last edited by Mad 69; 10-09-2008 at 03:08 PM.
Old 10-01-2008, 07:01 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 6

Last year I did something a bit inventive, I took the Houston Dynamo roster and put it on Championship side Blackpool and worked my way to the premership... that only took one season and I won the Carling Cup in the process. I then somehow managed to win the premership in my next season (other teams totally tanked at the end) so I upped the difficulty and the third season was a little more entertaining but I got more and more into playing online so I never finished the season.

I added some quality players to the roster when I got into the EPL such as Crouch, Bentley and Gareth Barry but it was going to take more "gaming endurance" than I have to get up to a Man U type roster.

This year since Tottenham is playing so terribly and there has been so much roster turnover since I used them in FIFA 07, I think I going to use them in MM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »