Home

Manager Mode for 2010

This is a discussion on Manager Mode for 2010 within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-06-2008, 05:23 AM   #1
*n th* Fl*w*rs

southernbelle's Arena

OVR: 16
Manager Mode for 2010

okay guys, this is aimed at those that will buy FIFA 2009 AND still play manager mode, even though its flawed and fundamentally unchanged. this is meant to be constructive for the EA Canada team to get feed back. if you want to flame, start another thread. the gameplay is amazing and 100% worth the purchase. next year we are going to get this gameplay and some amazing manager mode improvements, hopefully.

so, here goes...

**CPU manager AI. this goes without saying and calcutta has done an indepth job of highlighting the flaws. the CPU needs to be have the intelligence to adjust their line up to field a combination of the highest rated and most fit players. while you are at it, take it to the next level and field players that are "hot" or on top form. for instance, if Eboue is playing lights out and Walcott has been struggling, the CPU should put him in until walcott regains form.

**CPU trade logic... calcutta can make better suggestions than me (as with the above).

**scouting... just flesh it out a little. right now its grab the best player and go from there. as tactics deepen, we have the need for specific players, like a winger or defensive midfielder. we should also be able to sscout 15 year olds and put them in the youth program.

**youth program that trains and develops youngsters... had it in the old gen...

**post game player ratings... whats the deal here?? fabregas can score, complete a most of his passes, win a few challenges and still be rated a 6? dont get it and no one else does. do we have to play 90 minute games to get a proper rating?

can we get this stickied?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-06-2008, 06:14 AM   #2
Rookie

bags03's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Manager Mode for 2010

Great thread... I am not a regular here but I am a big time fan of the FIFA franchise...

Southernbelle is right on with the AI and I think that is the most important thing that should be improved but a couple of my own suggestions that would help add to MM...

*Cup Games (especially ECC/Champions League and EFA(?)/UEFA Cup) need to be at night. It just adds to the atmosphere of a Cup Game, for me at least.

*It would be pretty cool if the Champions League Final (ECC) venue had a rotation... even if it is something like a 3 or 4 stadium rotation it would be pretty cool if each year the CL Final rotated between say Wembley, Olympiastadion (Berlin), Camp Nou, San Siro, Stadio Olympico (Rome), etc just to name some of my favorites. Just to give you something different to shoot for. For sure a rather minor detail but things like this add value for me since I get about 6-8 seasons in.

*Be able to track every league... minimum for me would be just all the league tables, but why not all stats of all the players? Have European Awards, not just domestic. In my opinion there is no reason this shouldn't be in Manager Mode (along with night Cup Games) and is lllllllllong overdue.

*Taking my suggestion of making every league accessible during the season, at least statistically, it would be awesome if there were player rumors. This would be an awesome addition to add to Transfer Central. If a player is disgruntled elsewhere for whatever reason, maybe he lists 2 or 3 teams he would like to be transferred to, or a league in general and if one of those teams was you, perhaps you get an email notifying you of it. If you are Manchester United, maybe you get an email in the summer transfer window notifying you Christiano Ronaldo is interested in a move to Real Madrid and then next you know, Real Madrid has made you an offer.

*I am fine with no World Cup or European Championship for International's for us to play/manage in MM but I would settle for a simple computer simulation with just a screen that provides us the results to let us know who the reigning World/Euro Champion is.

That is all for now... this mode is pretty close to greatness even despite this AI gaffe. It amazes me how deep other EA Sports games' Franchise Modes can go and then this one seems just so shallow from what it can be. I am not crazy about adding stadiums anymore since for FIFA 09 there is no more Stadia de las Artes or whatever it was in FIFA 08 and they at least have a decent randomization of generic stadiums. Adding 5-10 more for FIFA 2010 will be satisfactory in my book.
Old 10-06-2008, 08:14 AM   #3
*n th* Fl*w*rs

southernbelle's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by bags03
*I am fine with no World Cup or European Championship for International's for us to play/manage in MM but I would settle for a simple computer simulation with just a screen that provides us the results to let us know who the reigning World/Euro Champion is.
to add to this... international duties... at least make it possible that star players get fatigued or injured by international duties.
Old 10-06-2008, 01:53 PM   #4
Mr. Brightside

Acid's Arena

OVR: 52

-International breaks
-CPU Manager AI (sitting fatigued players, etc)
-European games at night
-Community Shield at Wembley (I'm guessing they didn't do this for 09)
-Youth Academies
-Reserve games
But we all live in denial
Old 10-06-2008, 03:06 PM   #5
Chillin

RoyceDa59's Arena

OVR: 10

I would love to see reserve games and youth squad. Also international break.

So you can't look at the progress of other leagues?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-06-2008, 10:05 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 1

Haven't read through the thread yet but will do.

One of my gripes is that there's no off season. Season ends, next day, season starts. I want more time to fine tune my squad before the next competitive game. Some friendlies would be great.

And everything in MM feels so insular. Hard to explain this one. But its as if its my team, and nothing else. Whens the next game, and the game after that? There's nothing else to really "do" or think about.

Weather.

Everything really needs looking at. EA need look no further than Football Manager(still fits onto a CD, i'd be happy with a fraction of what that game does), Championship Manager, the Master League in PES for inspiration.

Can't help feel that EA doesn't want a great in depth manager mode for FIFA, for fear of what it might do the FIFA Manager(that game any good btw?) sales. Really hope that's not the case.

Last edited by the Dude abides; 10-06-2008 at 10:14 PM.
Old 10-06-2008, 10:13 PM   #7
Semi-retired

BrianFifaFan's Arena

OVR: 50

I agree with all of these. Maybe we'll get it to the producers somehow. I do know that in a couple of weeks over on the EA Fifa site they'll be putting up wishlist for 2010. Rutter and Co. are involved over there like Ian is here. I'm sure MM will be a huge issue. But we can get together our own list and I'll see if we can get it to the producers. So come up with all the ideas you can! Brian

A great product sells itself, no "back of the box" features required! (See Fifa...)

Old 10-07-2008, 12:17 AM   #8
No Way

demencia_total's Arena

OVR: 9

While this is of no real consequence to the actual MM mode, I would like to see club rankings like in PES. It's a pretty neat feature to keep track of how clubs are doing through the years. Also, up the maximum years of play to something like 25 or more.

I would also like to be allowed to play other games in my league, or in other leagues. Maybe add the feature to have multiple users through the MM like in the NBA 2k series.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »