Home

Official Guide Fifa09 "Be a Pro Seasons"

This is a discussion on Official Guide Fifa09 "Be a Pro Seasons" within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-16-2008, 02:26 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 9
Re: Official Guide Fifa09 "Be a Pro Seasons"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenBaller
I started a couple of days ago with Arsenal. We made 4 wins. Today I checked the standings and the team has 2 wins 1 loss and 1 tie. Standings and team stats are totally messed up and I have no idea why.

We just won a game against Liverpool 3-0, and exactly after the game finished, the score was registered in the menus as 2-2. I don't know if I'm doing something wrong but this is weird.

Other than this huge bug (?) it's a very fun mode.
Like L33t said there is a reserve team and a first team the first few games you play will be for the reserve team and the standings only reflect the results from your first team
Old 10-18-2008, 06:00 AM   #10
Pro

[Icy]'s Arena

OVR: 8

I can't understand either why only 4 season when "Be a pro" in NHL09 is 15 seasons, a full career from being 18 up to being 33 years old, and the hockey season is over 80 games.
Old 10-19-2008, 11:12 AM   #11
MVP

lnin0's Arena

OVR: 23

A question - what is the bubble over your BAP's head that has the little red circle? I recognize the 'call for ball' and 'call for cross' bubble but haven't figured what this other bubble is. At first I thought it was off sides but it does not seem to match when I am off sides.

Last edited by lnin0; 10-19-2008 at 08:06 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-20-2008, 07:06 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 1

The red circle is telling your teammate to shoot the ball i believe.

All i have to say is thank you for this, I've been playing around a bit in BAP, but have been looking for some affirmation as to what skills to improve and what was going to be in store for me as far as progression.
Old 10-20-2008, 07:09 PM   #13
Go Wings!

OVR: 41

Any advice on the PRO camera? It just seems so far away when I'm a forward and the ball's in my half, tough to see the best places to go. Do I just suck it up and deal or have you guys somehow tweaked the cam to make it closer to the player?
Old 10-20-2008, 07:18 PM   #14
Semi-retired

BrianFifaFan's Arena

OVR: 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgoblue
Any advice on the PRO camera? It just seems so far away when I'm a forward and the ball's in my half, tough to see the best places to go. Do I just suck it up and deal or have you guys somehow tweaked the cam to make it closer to the player?
Go into your options and go into cameras. You can adjust both height and zoom. I think you can adjust speed, as well.

A great product sells itself, no "back of the box" features required! (See Fifa...)

Old 10-21-2008, 09:56 AM   #15
MVP

OVR: 14

I just suffered an injury in my current BAP mode with Nicky Carle. Missed out on 2 club games (3 including the game i got the injury in) and missed my first intl friendly too I'm glad EA haven't neglected injuries to your chosen player in this mode.

BTW, keep in mind that even when not captain, you can still change team tactics in game using the D-Pad...you just can't edit the tactics/sliders themselves. I just had a very satisying end to a very frustrating game against Preston, where a CPU-controlled CENTRE BACK on my team scored a 90th minute winner with a header on a corner, because i had changed my attack to Offensive! The game was frustrating because i outshot the opposition 25-to-5, and we finished the game with only 9 players lol. We won 2-1 after they scored on their first attack!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-26-2008, 08:28 PM   #16
MVP

OVR: 14

I don't understand why my match rating gets penalised for bad "Defence" for not intercepting a pass because i'm staying goalside of the pass receiver

And i also get penalised for a bad "Pass" for sending crosses/corners right into the mixer, because my attackers can't win the contested ball. Obviously it only counts a "completed pass" as a good pass, but its not like my crossing accuracy is bad, my strikers just suck! Escpecially when they don't bother jumping or they run away from where the ball is heading, like i've noticed on alot of the corners i take.

Also i've noticed that a few times during each game i play, my Pro stops getting ratings boost for making good passes, yet i'm still getting penalised for bad passes during the same period of time. It can mean the difference between a 7 and an 8 rating and its quite annoying because it makes it even harder to improve your overall rating and thus harder to become captain.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »