Home

Old 10-26-2008, 05:53 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 17
Shooting

How do you shot the ball low or curve it. I can be 10 yards from the goal and hardly tap the shooting button and it goes so high. I can't seem to figure out the shooting.

Thanks
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-26-2008, 06:59 PM   #2
MVP

UATide's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: Shooting

Usually holding RB (360) while pressing B puts a little bend in it. And usually helps the ball sneak in the corner of the goal. Well, it works for me at least

This Is Alabama Football.
Old 10-26-2008, 07:41 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 1

Im in the same boat. i will move the ball around well, pass just into the box, tap Shoot, and it flies over the net like Baggio's penalty....

What I want is to be able to "rip" shots from outside the box...and have it not look like a field goal.
Old 10-26-2008, 09:04 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike10778
What I want is to be able to "rip" shots from outside the box...and have it not look like a field goal.
The biggest factor is player ratings. Take Rooney into the load screen arena and fire some shots -- you'll be amazed at the control you have compared with other players. IMO, the ratings in the game need some serious adjusting. Too many players have shot power and accuracy too low, which is why they're letting loose the field goal-type shots you're describing, rather than ripping them in the way many more players should be able to do.
Old 10-27-2008, 04:41 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 1

That may be true, but I've seen guys play FIFA 09 and consistently score with different attackers. There must be some sort of technique to keep the ball low and in the corner. I've been told that holding down the sprint button keeps the ball low, but this also loses control....any suggestions welcome.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-27-2008, 09:10 AM   #6
Banned

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by CeRRaNo
any suggestions welcome.
The R button is for finesse/placed shots. That's no doubt what others use. I don't use it because it feels like a programming cheat to me -- way too easy to get great shots away and hit the corners when using it.
Old 10-27-2008, 09:43 AM   #7
Qb
All Star

Qb's Arena

OVR: 43

For a more accurate shot, steady your player before/when shooting by using pace control (L-trigger on 360). This helps to get the non-finesse/placed shots on target more consistently. I don't think holding sprint will help and it may very well hurt. Also, make sure your player is in a good shooting position with his body. In other words, don't be moving away from goal or in a full-sprint parallel to the goal. And don't be afraid to attempt to chip the keeper if he rushes out on a 1v1...

As for keeping it low, some guys swear by the double-tap method of quickly pressing the shoot button twice for a low shot. I never saw much need for it in 08 as I could easily shoot along the ground with a quick single tap, but I may have to give a good try. Usually the only low shots I take are bad ones, although I did put one between the on-rushing keepers legs in a recent BAP mode game. Five-hole!
Old 10-27-2008, 10:44 AM   #8
MVP

drunkenferret's Arena

OVR: 2

Sprinting can help to keep the ball low, but if you ever watch replays you will see that shots are taken off of feet in different ways. Sometimes this affects how the ball comes off of the foot. Occassionally I'll hit one high, but I have not had a problem hitting decent shots. I usually hit high shots when I try to stop on a dime to take a better shot by adjusting my angle.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »