Home

BluChampBlogger's Ultimate Guide To Realistic Football in FIFA 09

This is a discussion on BluChampBlogger's Ultimate Guide To Realistic Football in FIFA 09 within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-09-2008, 08:06 PM   #9
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: BluChampBlogger's Ultimate Guide To Realistic Football in FIFA 09

I tried Broadcast since I bought the game, the problem with it is that the directional controls are skewed in a sense. When you use manual crossing as I do - it is very difficult to get a proper cross. I have been thinking about going back to it as the game just looked different before.
Old 11-10-2008, 01:21 PM   #10
MVP

therizing02's Arena

OVR: 20

I can confirm that from a pace standpoint, the ratings changes have had a tremendous effect in a positive way.

I edited the "big 4" in the EPL this morning. Additionally, over the weekend, I lowered the shooting the Custom Tactics to 40 for every team in the EPL, Serie A, and La Liga.

With the ratings changes and the lowered shooting, WC level is a thing of beauty. Great pace and teams play a realistic style of defense instead of the "flies on *hit" mentality. The game is much more enjoyable. Thank you Bluchampblogger! I will be editing the majority of the top teams in Europe and try to get enough to run a Created Champions League tournament. MM in FIFA 09 is boring because of the issues that we've beaten to death over and over.

Unfortunately, the inherit problem of lack of fouls in this game continues to piss me off to no end. At this point, I'll say that the issue was only slightly improved upon from last year. I refuse to take this game seriously from a simulation standpoint until this issue is resolved. I cannot tell you guys how many games I've played where I get to the 30th minute and still hadn't received or conceded a free kick. This is absolute bull *hit.

In the three games I played this morning (10 minute halves, WC level) I had a total of 11 fouls! As arsenal against Chelsea in the first game, I had 0 fouls and they had 5. That is unacceptable!!!!!!!!
Old 11-10-2008, 02:22 PM   #11
All Star

poster's Arena

Over the weekend I was able to try one match like this, but without custom tactic changes and I actually won on WC. Just need the time to make the edits which is tough with so many good games to be played. Need more time in a day!

Therizing, how did you edit the custom tactics of all the teams in those leagues? Was it using JRod's method discussed in the other thread? I just want to know before doing alot of work. Much appreciated.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-10-2008, 02:57 PM   #12
MVP

therizing02's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by poster
Over the weekend I was able to try one match like this, but without custom tactic changes and I actually won on WC. Just need the time to make the edits which is tough with so many good games to be played. Need more time in a day!

Therizing, how did you edit the custom tactics of all the teams in those leagues? Was it using JRod's method discussed in the other thread? I just want to know before doing alot of work. Much appreciated.
I'm not following how these guys are doing the Custom Tactics editing. I just went to every team, dropped the shooting to 40, save, and exit. I did it for every team in the aforementioned leagues. It takes about 15 minutes to do 1 league. The results from just that edit were great as I'm now seeing a realistic amount of shots on the WC level. With the ratings edits, it's even better.

I am now through the top 4 in Italy and England. I've also completed Celtic and Rangers. In Spain I'll edit, Barca, Real Madrid, Villareal, Valencia, and Athletico Madrid. Probably Sevilla as well.
Old 11-10-2008, 03:59 PM   #13
All Star

poster's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by therizing02
I'm not following how these guys are doing the Custom Tactics editing. I just went to every team, dropped the shooting to 40, save, and exit. I did it for every team in the aforementioned leagues. It takes about 15 minutes to do 1 league. The results from just that edit were great as I'm now seeing a realistic amount of shots on the WC level. With the ratings edits, it's even better.

I am now through the top 4 in Italy and England. I've also completed Celtic and Rangers. In Spain I'll edit, Barca, Real Madrid, Villareal, Valencia, and Athletico Madrid. Probably Sevilla as well.
Thanks for the reply bro. There are only 28 slots available to save custom tactics to right? That is where I am confused, as there would not be enough room to do all the leagues. Have you filled all of your slots up yet, or have you done just certain teams in each league?

Sorry for all of the questions. I wish it was more customizable, maybe next year.

Totally agree on fouls. Even on 15 minutes halves on WC, I do not see enough. I hope that next year they really fix it and also add some ref logic. The referee's in each league call it differently, that should be in the game.
Old 11-10-2008, 04:19 PM   #14
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

I'm just getting annoyed recently.

Changing the shooting helps, sure. Doesn't help the fouls or worst of all - the CPU's one-route football approach by sending the ball straight to their forwards (it's like a bullet).

As a last resort, I'm going the route of the formations combined with tactics - but even then, I'm not sure if my experience could be saved.
Old 11-10-2008, 04:22 PM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt10
I'm just getting annoyed recently.

Changing the shooting helps, sure. Doesn't help the fouls or worst of all - the CPU's one-route football approach by sending the ball straight to their forwards (it's like a bullet).

As a last resort, I'm going the route of the formations combined with tactics - but even then, I'm not sure if my experience could be saved.
To get fouls from AI, you need to set the AGGRESSION in custom tactics to 70 to 85. I get about 6 to 7 fouls in 10 minute matches. Also, if you play in a predictable way, AI need not have to foul you. So you need to play a bit cheeky to fool the bastard so that you get fouls.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-10-2008, 04:40 PM   #16
MVP

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by poster
Thanks for the reply bro. There are only 28 slots available to save custom tactics to right? That is where I am confused, as there would not be enough room to do all the leagues. Have you filled all of your slots up yet, or have you done just certain teams in each league?

Sorry for all of the questions. I wish it was more customizable, maybe next year.

Totally agree on fouls. Even on 15 minutes halves on WC, I do not see enough. I hope that next year they really fix it and also add some ref logic. The referee's in each league call it differently, that should be in the game.

You can have unlimited number of edits. It takes two things, write down the tactics of the teams before you edit if you just want to make one or two changes.

Since you are changing teams anyway it's a lot easier to save one team tactic and change it before the match. Just assign every team this tactic. That way you can create home/away tactics as well.

I guess I'm surprised more people have stumbled upon this.

I was reading Blu posts at the fifa forums and those guys are still stuck at 28 saves. You can have unlimited number of saves but people are reluctant to make the switch.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »