Home

No MLS playoffs!?

This is a discussion on No MLS playoffs!? within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-10-2008, 03:35 PM   #1
MVP

Son of Sam99's Arena

OVR: 14
No MLS playoffs!?

So in my first year of BAP I played with the Columbus Crew and after 39 matches (or whatever the # is) the season just ended when we were second in the league. Why was there no playoff? I was looking forward to playing for the MLS cup. I transfered to Monaco, should I expect the same in Ligue 1?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-10-2008, 05:19 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 18
Re: No MLS playoffs!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Sam99
So in my first year of BAP I played with the Columbus Crew and after 39 matches (or whatever the # is) the season just ended when we were second in the league. Why was there no playoff? I was looking forward to playing for the MLS cup. I transfered to Monaco, should I expect the same in Ligue 1?
I'm surprised the MLS playoffs weren't in the game. As to your Ligue 1 question, I don't think any of the major European leagues have playoffs, except for promotion/relegation purposes. I'm not very familiar with the French league but I know that none of the following have playoffs: English Premier League, German Bundesliga, Spanish Primera and Italian Serie A.

Someone with more knowledge should be able to confirm or correct me.
Old 11-10-2008, 05:54 PM   #3
Pro

asu666's Arena

OVR: 34

I would love to play with as LA in the MLS, but with a closed league, no playoffs in the game, not as many tournaments as say the PL, and no Champions League, etc. there just isn't much reason. EA putting in Friendlies, more tournaments, and Champions League play is the brass ring imo.
Old 11-10-2008, 06:13 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 14

There were no playoffs when i simmed a BAP Season in the A-League either, and we finished in the top four too.

I also played a full BAP season in the Coca-Cola Championship and there was NONE of the following:
- Championship Playoffs for 3rd-6th positions (didn't affect me personally since we came first)
- FA Cup
- Carling Cup

All you play is league games, no cup games...i think you can expect the same in the French league. Very disappointing considering you play cup games in Manager Mode (France, like England, has both an "FA Cup" and a "League Cup"...there are no playoffs though). Fortunately there is relegation/promotion in BAP Seasons at least, we were promoted to the Premier League for the next season.

I'm not sure if they've included European club cups in BAP mode either, since i haven't played in a top European league yet. In real life and in Manager Mode, if you as Monaco finish in the Top 3 in France, they qualify for the Champions League for the NEXT season. But it would not surprise me if EA have neglected that too for BAP mode...

The national team play is pretty half assed too IMO. All you do is play 5 friendlies per season, then bang! you are playing in the "International Cup" (no qualifiers), which for some reason takes place in the summer of 2012 Even in the final tournament itself, it seems you can only view results from your own group. Then once this Cup is over for your team/player, the mode is over.

I have to say PES incorporates much better, more realistic ideas for sure in its own "Be a Legend" mode - CPU teams still make transfers, you play league and cup games for club, you play World Cup Qualifiers and domestic cups (eg: Copa America, Euros) for your national team and it lasts up to 19 seasons! Hopefully EA can steal some of these ideas and expand upon it for their BAP Seasons mode in 2010.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »