Home

Help request from all who owned PES 2008 (Xbox 360). Also posted under PES 09 thread.

This is a discussion on Help request from all who owned PES 2008 (Xbox 360). Also posted under PES 09 thread. within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-22-2008, 10:14 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Help request from all who owned PES 2008 (Xbox 360). Also posted under PES 09 thread.

I need help guys. I bought PES 2008 last year and I thought it was just ok. OK in a sense that the game play had been the same for the last couple of years. What I hate the most though was the fact that sometimes, when you shoot, the ball just magically shoots up really high, almost to the stands. I personally think that is not realistic soccer especially when it happens to star players. Another issue that I had (maybe it's just me and my not-too-great skills) was the fact that I felt the defensive AI was just too accurate in timing the interception of balls and in the tackling of my players. I play in regular difficulty by the way.

Anyway, I thought PES 2008 was good, but comparing it with the Fifa 09 demo, I feel like Fifa 09 may be a better game this year than PES 2009. And here is where my dilemma comes in.

Today, I bought Fifa 09 and PES 209, but I have not opened any of them. I've been reading through most of the posts under FIFA 09 and PES 2009, and I'm getting the impression that they're both good.

Please don't get into Fifa 09 vs PES 2009 in this thread. What I'd like you guys to help me with is whether or not PES 2009 is much better than PES 2008 to warrant a purchase (or in my case open my still-sealed game). If so, please enlighten me with concrete examples.

Lastly, here is a question (answers with details and examples please) for those long time PES fans out there who: 1) have been somewhat turned off by its lack of improvement in gameplay especially in the next gen systems, 2) decided to give FIFA 09 a try this year and concluded that it's indeed better than PES 2008. "What is it that made you turn your back on PES and appreciate Fifa 09 better?"

NOTE:
If you are going to reply to my first dilemma, please mark the beginning of your paragraph with PES 2008 vs PES 2009. If you are answering my second question, please indicate the paragraph with PES 2008 to Fifa 09. Also, I only play offline.

THANKS A LOT IN ADVANCE!!! Meanwhile, I hope I don't go crazy just staring at the boxes of two new games and not opening either of them! By the way, I don't know if it will make a difference, but I just wanted to let you know that I got the PES 2009 for only $29.99 NEW (Xbox 360)
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »