Home

It's over - another player's frustrations

This is a discussion on It's over - another player's frustrations within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-31-2009, 03:42 AM   #9
MVP

OVR: 10
Re: It's over - another player's frustrations

Hey all,

Well first of all I really want to thank you guys for all your help. I really appreciate it. I can't take it anymore. I don't want to say the game is at fault so I will simply say that I am personally not capabale of playing this game so that I yield realistic or even remotely entertaining results. It's a bit of a shock to me given that I play every other sports game out there, but I simply can't get this game to work for me.
I've lowered the speed. I've held down the left trigger to the point where I'm basically holding it down the whole game. I've maintained possession. I've passed around. And yet, no matter how hard I try, I get the same results:
- My crosses are impossible to turn into goals
- My players never win battles for balls off kickoffs. Never.
- I can not get more than 1 or 2 chances on goal per half and I'm playing as Man U against teams like Middlesbrough. They, on the other hand get an average of about 10-12 per half. This is on 6 minute halfs. Yes, I'm serious.
- Perhaps more frustrating is teams like Middlesbrough scoring the kinds of goals against me that would, in real life, be considered the greatest goals of all time. That's how good they look against me. Like I play against 10 wonder genius players, no matter who I'm playing.
- free kicks don't bend no matter what I do. Yes, I practice. I practice more than I actually play.
- And the final most frustrating thing of all is that the pace (to me) is unacceptably unrealistic and they are simply relentless in their attack which means I'm constantly chasing them or trying to run away. There are pauses in real soccer. There are moments where teams are setting up plays. Moments of slowness. And yet, if I stand still for literally more than 1 second, I am stripped of the ball no matter who I'm controlling or who is coming after me.

This is not even on the hardest level. Again it's so funny to me that I can play so many other sports games, I understand the mentality of sports games. I just am not capable of playing or enjoying FIFA 09. But thanks again guys for all your help trying to get me to get it.
Old 01-31-2009, 12:02 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 1

Could not agree more.

I just don't get this game despite all the rave reviews. Such a shame as I really wanted to love it but I just don't enjoy playing it.

Don't get me wrong I've got PES2009 for the PS3 and that's terrible.

Back to the PS2 ???
Old 01-31-2009, 01:43 PM   #11
MVP

johnnyg83's Arena

OVR: 9

The Be a Pro mode is what's keeping me interested. I like that I'm only responsible for my own actions and that as you move up the CPU players get better and make the right passes.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-31-2009, 03:50 PM   #12
Pro

carnalnirvana's Arena

OVR: 21

tinpanalley/

dude you like others have tortured yourself playing with ea tactics set up for too long...........

try this ( you have nothing to lose) it may sound rediculous but its worth a shot........

any team............. leave everything at default but change these three tactics leave the others

i play on world class

build up between 30-40
agression 1 ( yes at 1)
team width 32( do this for both teams only this one)

i am tring to find a good set up for shots but not yet..........
Old 01-31-2009, 04:00 PM   #13
MVP

Ok, so are you just saying that the EA tactics are what makes the game hard to play? I never though of that to be honest. I mean, I always just assumed that that was for positioning, aggression, etc. but that you could override it by playing your own style. So you think putting all tactics at default or 'no strategy' would make the game easier to play? Hadn't occurred to me. Never touched the tactics. Willing to try, I guess.
Old 01-31-2009, 04:57 PM   #14
Pro

carnalnirvana's Arena

OVR: 21

it wont make it easier IMO, it would make it fair.... somewhat
Old 02-01-2009, 04:50 AM   #15
MVP

Fair is fine. I don't actually want easier. Fairness is the problem.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-01-2009, 02:53 PM   #16
MVP

BIG CAROLINA's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by carnalnirvava
tinpanalley/

dude you like others have tortured yourself playing with ea tactics set up for too long...........

try this ( you have nothing to lose) it may sound rediculous but its worth a shot........

any team............. leave everything at default but change these three tactics leave the others

i play on world class

build up between 30-40
agression 1 ( yes at 1)
team width 32( do this for both teams only this one)

i am tring to find a good set up for shots but not yet..........
Do you see any fouls with aggression at 1? I barely see fouls as it is. When you come up with something for shooting please let me know because teams just take too many shots in this game.

PSN: BIG_CAROLINA

"Life is too short for a man to hold bitterness in his heart."
Marshall W. "Major" Taylor

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »