Home

It's over - another player's frustrations

This is a discussion on It's over - another player's frustrations within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-25-2008, 01:35 AM   #1
MVP

OVR: 10
It's over - another player's frustrations

While not as talented as the other guy, I'm at the end of my rope.
- Semi-Pro too easy, Pro is ridiculously difficult (again, to me)
- On Pro, not getting to take a shot, not once. Every weak cross by the CPU ends up headed in the back of the net. I'm lucky if I even have anyone in the box when I cross.
- I steal the ball, I get about 10 yard with it and if I pass it's intercepted. They steal the ball, 99% chance of a breakaway.
- Their goalie, ALWAYS in the right place at the right time. My goalie, always looking like a blind clown.
- I get the ball and lose it if I don't do something with it in less than 1.5 seconds. Ridiculous. There are plenty of times in real soccer, when balls are maintained static in the preparation of a play. The other team does NOT always charge the ball carrier and win.
- A simple deke left or right seems impossible.

I don't get it. Not getting my first shot on net until the second half and dropping three goals to Stoke City as Man United makes no sense. Say what you want about Man U but I shouldn't be giving up 3 goals in one half.

I just don't know how to continue playing something that isn't fun.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-25-2008, 10:41 PM   #2
Pro

carnalnirvana's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: It's over - another player's frustrations

i am having a blast in MM......

it has its bugs like subs, fatigue, but with my formations, blu tactics and my personal AGG edit i am on legendary and in my 3 season having a good time...........
Old 12-02-2008, 08:31 AM   #3
Pro

OVR: 14

imo, when playing on pro and above, its easier to play without all controller settings set to assisted. it seems the cpu intercepts and saves alot more cuz of that. when you go semi-assisted or manual, you can place the ball exactly where you want (takes practice though), and therefore be less "predictable" to the AI.
Old 12-10-2008, 02:10 AM   #4
MVP

Thanks, threatlockz

I'll try that. But even still, the pace and flow is almost unbearable. So funny to me that I love all the World Cup, UEFA CL, Euro Cup games but can never play with the regular FIFA games. People say they're the same, but I don't think they are. I played three tournaments in the Euro Cup game and never had the frustrations I've had with FIFA 09 and 08.

Anyway, for me PES is a far better game this year. IT's all about the gameplay. Plus, with all the uniforms and players redone, it's graphically superior as well. To me, the graphics are NO comparison.

Thanks guys!
Old 12-10-2008, 08:16 AM   #5
MVP

Donovan's Arena

OVR: 18

I was stuck in the semi pro to pro jump for a couple days, when I couldnt score on pro and would win 8-0 on semi. I guess I play strong defensively though because I was getting a lot of 0-0 draws during my learning stretch. When you see a clear crossing spot for the CPU just take control of the middle defender immediately and get ready to time your header, its pretty simple. I've also gotten a lot better at working the ball around, not always trying to pass through a defender, working it back to my defenders at center to set up plays again when they dont work. Eventually you start to see spots where you should be passing so the CPU doesnt close down, when not to use the speed burst since passing is a touch slower while holding it, not to mention more inaccurate.

Give it 8-10 games on PRO and you should pick it up. I'm winning maybe 50% of games on PRO, drawing 30% and losing 20% or so, through 20-25 games and really enjoying it. I'm 9 points out of 1st in div 1 with Reading and confident I will make promotion to the premier league at the end of the season.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-10-2008, 10:49 PM   #6
MVP

Thanks, Donovan.

You've given me a little more motivation. Like you, I always ended up with frustrating 0-0 draws. Soooo irritating. I will concentrate on the things you mentioned and give it another go for a week.
Old 12-14-2008, 10:42 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 1

Best way to learn is online. Get beat 7-0 by people and imitate them, and you will win. I was losing 2-0 to the computer on Pro, now after around 100 games online I'm beating the computer 5-0 on Legendary with an inferior team. Its all about practice, turning off assists when you get the hang of manual, and learning where to put the ball and how your players are going to react when you give it to them. If you know your forward is going to make a run, and you see that the defender is overrunning the forward, then you can have a quick through ball and then tap it on for a 1 on 1 situation. You just have to play against people that are better than you ONLINE, not Offline (For me, offline teaches me absolutely nothing) and then you'll get better.
Old 12-17-2008, 10:26 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 1

Try setting the game speed to slow, and increase the time of your matches. This will give you a *little* more time on the ball and give you more chance to score. I also agree with turning full assistance off; certainly on goals and crosses I find it a lot easier on semi-assist.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »