Home

Defender Hat-trick!

This is a discussion on Defender Hat-trick! within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-30-2008, 12:05 AM   #9
MVP

OVR: 14
Re: Defender Hat-trick!

For your viewing pleasure here are my season stats which shows stats by player and position...i've highlighted the "Goals by Defenders %" in red:

The bolded players indicate usual starters for my team. The total games played figure is 46 because we played 4 Coppa Italia games as well (2 rounds) where we scored 3 goals total, which have been included in the goals tally.

Any idea how that 8.43% figure compares with real life stats? Even if its low compared to most teams in real life, i'm happy with that % total - in past FIFA's it'd be 0.00% I'm also pretty impressed with the # of different goalscorers on my team, 14 out of about 24 total (not including goalkeepers of course, i didn't include the other 5 players because they were scrubs who played like 2 games each and didn't add to any stat category in the pic).

The assist figures are a little lower than i expected, both in general and for defenders. I honestly swear the former is because of the fact the assists tracking is broken at times, where clear assists are not counted in certain games for some reason. I checked Assist stats quite regularly and sometimes i feel players are not credited for an assist when they should've been in the last match (you can't check assists in post-match stats screens anywhere either). The latter (ie: lack of defender assists) is arguably more due to my playing style and the fact that most crosses were from my side mids rather than side backs, and also my CK/FK taker was my usually midfielder Julio Leon and not a fullback, so all assists on corners were by him...assuming the game counted all of them properly
Old 11-30-2008, 12:21 AM   #10
MVP

OVR: 14

Oh and the only player i played out of his natural position AND scored goals from there was Kutuzov, who i occasionally played at LM in a 4-4-2 and i may have scored 1 or 2 goals with him while he was playing in LM. I never purposely played a defender up front or in midfield in an effort to try and get him a goal just for the sake of saying I scored with a defender!!!!1!

Of my 7 goals by defenders, 5 of them were off corners (either direct headers, or scrambles because the opposition failed to clear). The other 2 - both by Falcone - was the aforementioned penalty and the goal in open play from just inside the box (resulted because the opposition failed to clear a deep throw in far enough).
Old 12-01-2008, 03:13 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 10

Cool info man. Thanks for the reply(ies).

I am an Italian - American.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-01-2008, 08:23 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by calcutta

In real life, the top 2 go up automatically, teams 3-6 play in the playoffs. In my FIFA MM, Parma (1st), Livorno (2nd) and Empoli (finished 3rd, don't know if they played in playoffs though) went up to Serie A for 2009/10.

You might be able to confirm for good if you finish between 3rd and 6th...
Just finished my first year and whew, I just got by in 3rd place. It was a tight race but I made it. No playoffs or anything, 3rd place and straight to Serie A.

I am an Italian - American.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »