Home

Desperate for FIFA Help

This is a discussion on Desperate for FIFA Help within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-03-2008, 03:38 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Desperate for FIFA Help

I am having serious problems with FIFA 09 I hope I can get help from everyone here. I am a major sports gamer and have no problems with Madden or NBA live, but FIFA kills me. I cannot understand how I can be so horrible at this game I have read every post on every site about fifa and I still cannot get better. I have listed my problems below Thanks for the help

Defense-
Defense is without a doubt my biggest problem. I play at pro difficulty and usually with big teams (Arsenal, Lyon, Palermo) In most matches I lose 5-0 with my opponent getting between 7-15 shots on target. First off I can never win a ball if I jockey they blow by me if try to get next to them and take they ball they either run by me or just make a ridiculous cross in. My midfielders rarely win balls and if they do it is usually stolen back immediately and I often see my defenders literally runny away from an incoming attacker. At this point I don't even care about scoring goals I just don't want to loose 5-0. What would be the best formation and custom tactics to make my team a defensive powerhouse. Also what is the best way to defend players without just backing up utill they are in the box and jockeying in front of them hoping they hit you with your shot. And what is proper man marking strategy
Possession-
When I do get the ball which is rare and usually because they scored a goal I don't keep it for long. They other teams players are immediately on me and the ball away quick. If I try to create space with a move i lose the ball the only way I have found to keep the ball is by running full speed down the wing and trying to hit it off a defender to get a trow or corner.

Any suggestions are welcome I don't want to be a great ranked fifa player I just want a formation and tactic that will help me not get beat 7-0 because that is no fun and FiFA is suppose to be fun right?
If anyone live in the Portland Metro area and would be willing to give me fifa lessons (I am that desperate for help) hit me up [email protected]
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-04-2008, 03:43 PM   #2
Be Massive

sportsdude's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Desperate for FIFA Help

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donkeymoth
I am having serious problems with FIFA 09 I hope I can get help from everyone here. I am a major sports gamer and have no problems with Madden or NBA live, but FIFA kills me. I cannot understand how I can be so horrible at this game I have read every post on every site about fifa and I still cannot get better. I have listed my problems below Thanks for the help

Defense-
Defense is without a doubt my biggest problem. I play at pro difficulty and usually with big teams (Arsenal, Lyon, Palermo) In most matches I lose 5-0 with my opponent getting between 7-15 shots on target. First off I can never win a ball if I jockey they blow by me if try to get next to them and take they ball they either run by me or just make a ridiculous cross in. My midfielders rarely win balls and if they do it is usually stolen back immediately and I often see my defenders literally runny away from an incoming attacker. At this point I don't even care about scoring goals I just don't want to loose 5-0. What would be the best formation and custom tactics to make my team a defensive powerhouse. Also what is the best way to defend players without just backing up utill they are in the box and jockeying in front of them hoping they hit you with your shot. And what is proper man marking strategy
Possession-
When I do get the ball which is rare and usually because they scored a goal I don't keep it for long. They other teams players are immediately on me and the ball away quick. If I try to create space with a move i lose the ball the only way I have found to keep the ball is by running full speed down the wing and trying to hit it off a defender to get a trow or corner.

Any suggestions are welcome I don't want to be a great ranked fifa player I just want a formation and tactic that will help me not get beat 7-0 because that is no fun and FiFA is suppose to be fun right?
If anyone live in the Portland Metro area and would be willing to give me fifa lessons (I am that desperate for help) hit me up [email protected]
I don't know if there's one thing I can say that will flip the switch for you but here's a few tips:

-A solid formation would be the 4-4-2 (4 backs, 4 mids, 2 attackers). Keep the back four flat. I prefer to use a diamond in the mid, that way I have an attacking mid and a defending mid. The mids on the wings can then become extra attackers or defenders depending on what I need at the time.

-A good defense is predicated by a good offense. Don't sprint the ball down the field and fire a shot right away every time you get the ball. Play the possession game. Use back passes, cross the field horizontally, build up the attack. The more you have the ball, the less the CPU can.

-If you're losing 5-0 on Pro, then it's time move down to Semi Pro. For FIFA 08 and FIFA 09, I played about 20 games on Semi Pro on each game before I felt comfortable moving to Pro. You need to get the hang of the game and winning using proper tactics. Once you can consistently beat the CPU on Semi Pro, then you can feel comfortable moving up to Pro. And when I say beat the CPU on Semi Pro, don't just sprint down the field and fire a shot because you know the defense isn't as tight. Use the tactics I listed above.

hope this helps, man.
Old 12-09-2008, 10:26 AM   #3
Pro

OVR: 14
Re: Desperate for FIFA Help

also important... are you playing online or against cpu?

i rarely do a "move", its mostly one-time passes.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »