Home

Nine Young Players to Build Your FIFA Team Around

This is a discussion on Nine Young Players to Build Your FIFA Team Around within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-29-2008, 09:16 PM   #17
R**k**

bogeyexpress's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Nine Young Players to Build Your FIFA Team Around

With the January window 1/2 closed, I have added.

CM - Taison
ST - Sturridge
RWB - Vanden Borre
RWB - Rafael (Man Utd)
LB - Sahko (PSG)
RB/RM - Ratinho
CB - Papadopoulos (only 16 years old, 60 rated)

Rafael is playing RW and Ratinho is playing RCM. I just signed Taison and Rafael so I am looking forward to playing my first match. Rochdale is now a 3.5 star club. My wages are now over 100K so I am going to raise ticket prices soon.

I am looking to add one more player, possibly another ST. I am playing a 433 so Sturridge runs at RW when not fatigued.

My starting 11 looks like this

GK - Rui Patricio
DEF - Sakho/Thelma Heleno/Hummels/Vanden Borre
MF - Asamoah/Putszai (scouted player that signed)/Taison
F - Reina LW/Paloschi/Sturridge(Rafael) RW
Old 12-31-2008, 02:18 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 9

You're playing Rafael as a forward?
Old 01-01-2009, 06:35 AM   #19
R**k**

bogeyexpress's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiruk
You're playing Rafael as a forward?
Yes. I play him at RB, RM and RW. He has good crossing rating and good speed. With the RWB position, he plays the RW spot very well and his overall rating goes above his normal rating. I found it odd, but he does well there. Eduardo Ratinho and Rafael are very versatile and I can play them pretty much anywhere on the outside.
Old 02-12-2009, 05:57 PM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 1
anderson
sergio assenjo
sergio ramos
Old 02-12-2009, 06:43 PM   #21
Have you seen my baseball

BlyGilmore's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by salhus47
what ovr do the players orginally listed get to? And after how many seasons?
tough to answer that question and give an apples to apples because there's a lot of variables.

for instance how long did it take you to get to 10 for each position coach. how often were they playing? i.e. were they playing 90 minutes a match or were you splitting time? were you playing a lot or simming? and of course how did they perform when they were on the pitch.

with that said all those guys should get to at least mid-80s with a few seasons of regular play and 10-rated coaches.

I have had similar scouted keepers to Patricio get well into the 90s, including a 75 overall created keeper that is 96 overall (and so vital to the team that when i moved to Liverpool I couldn't get him to transfer for any amount).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-25-2009, 06:49 PM   #22
Rookie

Good article!

I am playing the Wii version and have noticed that all of the players you have listed transfer fees are listed at 2-3 times more than your numbers. This is in the first season.

I started with Oldham Athletic and was only able to acquire Thiago Heleno during the first season. I also acquired a free agent Midfielder named Olsen who I was going to resell, but he played too well to sell. Salary is too high though. Still, I placed first and won Johnstone Paint and FA Cup. Playing on Professional mode.

During the transfer window at the beginning of the second season, I was unable to acquire either Brazillian midfielder even offering substantially more money. This is with level 8 negotiator.

I did manage to acquire Ebanks-Blake from Wolverhampton for 5 Million euros as he was listed in the transfer market.

Do you know any way of getting the sponsor money to upgrade quicker? I noticed that it doesn't increase any more if you jump up to the next level than if you don't, so starting with a small club is always a disadvantage even after you reach the highest league because you don't get the same sponsor money as you would get starting in the top league.

Thanks for the great article!

GJ
Old 02-26-2009, 10:42 AM   #23
Have you seen my baseball

BlyGilmore's Arena

OVR: 44

hey GJ - welcome to OS!

Sounds like the Wii version is setup differently from the 360 and PS3 versions so some of what I wrote might not be accurate (i'm not sure but the Wii version might be based on the ps2 version of FIFA, not the next gen versions).

I believe sponsor pay is based on your teams prestige. If that's true and you advance too quickly you might find yourself at a disadvantage for a season or two as your prestige catches up to your teams performance on the pitch.
Old 07-14-2009, 09:28 AM   #24
Rookie

start as a weaker team in whichever league and build a young unstoppable team
players that are excellent buys for the future
mamdou sakho-cb 18
jack rodwell-mid-16
jose baxter -forward-16
toni kroos-mid 18
pjanic-mid-18
marcelo-def-20
caceres-def-20
camacho-mid-18
victor moses-forward-17
rui patricio-gk 20
breno-def -18
and much more for cheap enough prices all have potential to reach high 80s and mid 90s

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »