Home

Help on Long Distance Shots

This is a discussion on Help on Long Distance Shots within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-21-2008, 02:54 PM   #9
Rookie

fatheifer's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Help on Long Distance Shots

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVD
I've tried a lot of different ways, but to be honest I think the consensus is that Fifa's long-range shooting mechanics need work. The ball is way too floaty -- I've scored an absolute screamer with Rooney from far out, but I've come to the conclusion that it was basically just luck. Goalie's usually either make super saves or the ball rockets out the stadium -- definitley needs to be improved for 2010 for a greater variety of goals.
I agree. Long distance shooting is one of the main things I'd like to see improved for 2010.
Old 12-21-2008, 10:30 PM   #10
Rookie

shottah's Arena

OVR: 21

Confirmed. Long range shots, especially on higher difficulties are completely random, at least for me against the CPU. Anything upward of Professional, I just can't seem to keep a clean sheet, because the computer seems to be able to score from anywhere on the field.

BTW, I play with Barcelona, so I hope its not just a reflection on Valdes' ability.

MORE THAN A CLUB !!!

Old 12-22-2008, 01:30 AM   #11
He can talk the talk

Salhus's Arena

OVR: 20

The question is how to make long shots consistently. I don't think it's possible. It's not possible in real life. Long shots are completely inconsistent, so therefore, Fifa got it right
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-22-2008, 02:16 AM   #12
All Star

OVR: 33

Yep. Long distance shots are really hard in real life. Thats why you sometimes see guys miss by about 20 yards.

Long range shots are usually luck anyway.

When you hit it sweet, you just know.
Old 12-22-2008, 10:08 PM   #13
Rookie

fatheifer's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by shottah
Confirmed. Long range shots, especially on higher difficulties are completely random, at least for me against the CPU. Anything upward of Professional, I just can't seem to keep a clean sheet, because the computer seems to be able to score from anywhere on the field.

BTW, I play with Barcelona, so I hope its not just a reflection on Valdes' ability.
Really? The computer NEVER makes long distance shots against me. In fact I can't recall them making a long distance shot. I play on Legendary. I'm not bragging about my defensive skill, I just don't have that problem.
Old 12-22-2008, 10:08 PM   #14
Rookie

fatheifer's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by salhus47
The question is how to make long shots consistently. I don't think it's possible. It's not possible in real life. Long shots are completely inconsistent, so therefore, Fifa got it right
It's not that I want to make them regularly. I like how it is realistic. It's just I've never made one at all on 09.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »