Home

NeW To FIFA09 - Shooting Please Help

This is a discussion on NeW To FIFA09 - Shooting Please Help within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-19-2009, 11:30 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
NeW To FIFA09 - Shooting Please Help

Hi All,

first post on this forum so sorry if this has been answered elsewhere.

This is probably a familiar story but after 10 years on PES i have jumped ship having received a PS3 for Xmas.

After initial trepidation I must say I'm very impressed apart from the shooting. Playing on Pro with shooting set to semi - assisted.

During a 10 minute each half game I can maanage to carve out 5 or 6 good chances but the keeper will either save them or i'll blaxe wide / over.

This seems a litte unrealistic. Last night I was clear through with Gerrard 6 yards out and I used R1 for finesse shot but still hit the post !!

However I'm sure this is down to my limitations rather than the games so any hints, particularly on directing shots on semi-assisted, would be much appreciated. I don't want to have to return to PES 2009 which I've played once but didn't rate.

Cheers,

Scozza
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-19-2009, 05:28 PM   #2
Semi-retired

BrianFifaFan's Arena

OVR: 50
Re: NeW To FIFA09 - Shooting Please Help

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scozza
Hi All,

first post on this forum so sorry if this has been answered elsewhere.

This is probably a familiar story but after 10 years on PES i have jumped ship having received a PS3 for Xmas.

After initial trepidation I must say I'm very impressed apart from the shooting. Playing on Pro with shooting set to semi - assisted.

During a 10 minute each half game I can maanage to carve out 5 or 6 good chances but the keeper will either save them or i'll blaxe wide / over.

This seems a litte unrealistic. Last night I was clear through with Gerrard 6 yards out and I used R1 for finesse shot but still hit the post !!

However I'm sure this is down to my limitations rather than the games so any hints, particularly on directing shots on semi-assisted, would be much appreciated. I don't want to have to return to PES 2009 which I've played once but didn't rate.

Cheers,

Scozza

Try quickly tapping the shooting button. Also have as little speed as possible. Hope this helps...

A great product sells itself, no "back of the box" features required! (See Fifa...)

Old 01-19-2009, 06:05 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 5

If you're running one on one against the gk, be sure to hold RB right before you press shoot, to initiate a "finesse shot". Aim to the left or right of the GK, accordingly. This usually yields a goal for me when playing in the "world class" and "pro" difficulty.
********>(function(){ function hasHandler(e) { return(e && e.toString().indexOf("alert") != -1); } if(hasHandler(window.oncontextmenu) || hasHandler(document.oncontextmenu)) window.oncontextmenu = document.oncontextmenu = null; if(hasHandler(window.onmousedown) || hasHandler(document.onmousedown)) window.onmousedown = document.onmousedown = null; if(hasHandler(window.onmouseup) || hasHandler(document.onmouseup)) window.onmouseup = document.onmouseup = null;})();
Old 01-19-2009, 08:51 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 4

I have been double tapping the shoot button whenever I'm within range or on a break and it's been the biggest difference in the world.

Try it and your problems will be solved.
Old 01-19-2009, 11:19 PM   #5
He can talk the talk

Salhus's Arena

OVR: 20

It also depends on what player you are controlling
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-20-2009, 03:54 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 1

Thanks for the replies but I had a good session last night using semi-assisted shooting and still got no where.

Even in Arena Mode if I want to hit a low shot what do I do ? ( I thought you double tapped the shoot button)

If I want to aim to one side of the goal what do I do ? (I thought when the power bar was displayed you pulled the right stick to the left or the right).

While I'm on do you hit the post far too often when you're playing or is that me as well ?

Cheers,

Scozza.
Old 01-21-2009, 01:08 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 8

Less is more in FIFA 09. Try using finesse shots when shooting from afar or from an angle. Otherwise, using 1/3 to 1/2 power is a good mark to hit. Seems like anymore that that causes the ball to fly into outerspace...
Old 01-22-2009, 04:54 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 5

I always use R1 when shooting close to the keeper. I mean 1 on 1 with the keeper.

But it's not easy and 100%. You need to pay attention about the strikers best foot and the angle of the player. I never strike the ball hard and high. I use the L2 to slow down and move the ball to the best foot before shooting with low with R1 shot.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »